Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been taking 50mg twice daily for about a year, it was upped to

200mg daily at one time but gave me memory loss problems and

constipation, so we had to lower it down to 100 per day. Does really

good, and I only have to take 50mg ultram twice daily with it and

this usually helps me get thru most of my days. There is some weight

gain associated with it, very little though, not more than 5 lbs, and

it is usually fluid, but it is worth it!

I tried Lyrica and the side effects far outweighed the benefit. It made me feel drunk - and my fingers and toes kept tingling. I'll admit that I only took it twice, but those side effects were enough for me not to continue. I am glad that it does work for some people. I personally can not be on something 24/7. AmityPosted by: "" funny_dumplin@... funny_dumplin Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:42 am (PST) My doctor prescribed Lyrica to me yesterday. I

haven't taken it yet (pending approval from my insurance) but I was wondering if any other 'fibromites' here have taken it and if so, what do you think about it? I've been a little scared of it for some reason... just wondering. Thanks!

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hi, I'm . I live in Texas and was diagnosed with Fibro 9 long months ago. After trying Neuronton with no results, a pain management dr put me on Lyrica. I was taking 50 mg 2 times a day. In 6 days, I was able to lay down without feeling like my back was going to break in two! My dosage was increased gradually til I was taking 100 mg 2 times a day. That's when I started hallucinating. It was only at night, thank goodness, but it was so weird! I would see black swirly designs in my room floating around in the corners, a door jam was a lit cigarette, plastic clothes hangers would explode into a million pieces. When I saw bubble wrap on my toilet seat, that was it- I had to get off of it! I now take Lodine. It doesn't take the pain away entirely but it makes it manageable- for the most part- on good days. It's hard to come to grips with something that isn't even widely recognized that has changed my

life! There are many times I can't even get my clothes off by myself. I get out of breath walking up stairs. I get stiff if I sit in one place too long and when I try to walk after sitting, I look like an OLD lady. I can't sit on the floor with my legs crossed and play with my neice. I have a terrible time walking any distance, like airports. I feel like I need a handicap sticker for my car and a wheelchair at times, but it's very hard for me to accept the things that I can't do anymore. I would appreciate hearing from people who have gone thru this. I know I'm not alone. It certainly is an isolating syndrome, isn't it? "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant

shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon."

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.