RemedySpot.com

Re: The Fibromyalgia Spectrum

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That IS very interesting. I have been a bit skeptical about the "non-progressive" nature of Fibro, because it seems that symptoms have been getting worse over time. This article below makes a bit of sense. I'll click the links and read further. Thanks for the info. pauline <foggynanny@...> wrote: Interesting. Maybe that's why some feel their fibro is getting worse. I suppose I wasn't diagnosed until the end stage. ine 'Fibromyalgia Spectrum' Better Defines

the Condition Fibromyalgia syndrome is a broad condition with various subsets, according to expert Mark J. Pellegrino, M.D. Viewing fibromyalgia as a spectrum disorder helps doctors and patients understand the variability of symptoms associated with the condition. The spectrum takes into account conditions which overlap as well as diseases which can lead to fibromyalgia as a secondary condition. In an article which appears on Immunesupport.com, Dr. Pellegrino explains that fibromyalgia has 8 subsets. The Eight Subsets of the Fibromyalgia Spectrum Are: 1. Predisposed state2. Prodromal [preceding] state3. Undiagnosed Fibromyalgia4. Regional Fibromyalgia5. Generalized Fibromyalgia6.

Fibromyalgia with particular associated conditions7. Fibromyalgia with coexisting mild disease8. Secondary Fibromyalgia reactive to disease. Subset 1 exists when the patient is asymptomatic and there are no clinical signs of fibromyalgia but there is risk of developing the condition. In subset 2, the patient still has no clinical signs of fibromyalgia such as widespread pain but they do experience associated symptoms (for example: headaches, fatigue, restless leg syndrome). In subset 3, the patient has painful tender points but has not been

diagnosed. Read more about the progression through subsets 4 through 8 and some patient profiles which fit fibromyalgia spectrum at: http://www.immunesupport.com/library/print.cfm?ID=8221 & t=CFIDS_FM Books, DVD's, gadgets, music and more. Shop online with Sympatico / MSN Shopping today! Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Thank you ine. keep those articles coming.

>

>

> Interesting. Maybe that's why some feel their fibro is getting

worse. I suppose I wasn't diagnosed until the end stage.

> ine

>

> 'Fibromyalgia Spectrum' Better Defines the Condition

>

>

> Fibromyalgia syndrome is a broad condition with various subsets,

according to expert Mark J. Pellegrino, M.D. Viewing fibromyalgia

as a spectrum disorder helps doctors and patients understand the

variability of symptoms associated with the condition. The spectrum

takes into account conditions which overlap as well as diseases

which can lead to fibromyalgia as a secondary condition. In an

article which appears on Immunesupport.com, Dr. Pellegrino explains

that fibromyalgia has 8 subsets.

>

> The Eight Subsets of the Fibromyalgia Spectrum Are:

> 1. Predisposed state2. Prodromal [preceding] state3. Undiagnosed

Fibromyalgia4. Regional Fibromyalgia5. Generalized Fibromyalgia6.

Fibromyalgia with particular associated conditions7. Fibromyalgia

with coexisting mild disease8. Secondary Fibromyalgia reactive to

disease.

>

> Subset 1 exists when the patient is asymptomatic and there are no

clinical signs of fibromyalgia but there is risk of developing the

condition.

> In subset 2, the patient still has no clinical signs of

fibromyalgia such as widespread pain but they do experience

associated symptoms (for example: headaches, fatigue, restless leg

syndrome).

> In subset 3, the patient has painful tender points but has not

been diagnosed.

>

> Read more about the progression through subsets 4 through 8 and

some patient profiles which fit fibromyalgia spectrum at:

>

> http://www.immunesupport.com/library/print.cfm?ID=8221 & t=CFIDS_FM

>

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> Discover new ways to stay in touch with Windows Live! Visit the

City @ Live today!

> http://getyourliveid.ca/?icid=LIVEIDENCA006

>

Interesting break down of fibro. I haven't seen this

before. Most like stage one is the genetic

predisposition to developing the disease full blown.

Janice

--- pauline <foggynanny@...> wrote:

>

> Interesting. Maybe that's why some feel their fibro

> is getting worse. I suppose I wasn't diagnosed until

> the end stage.

> ine

>

> 'Fibromyalgia Spectrum' Better Defines the Condition

>

>

> Fibromyalgia syndrome is a broad condition with

> various subsets, according to expert Mark J.

> Pellegrino, M.D. Viewing fibromyalgia as a spectrum

> disorder helps doctors and patients understand the

> variability of symptoms associated with the

> condition. The spectrum takes into account

> conditions which overlap as well as diseases which

> can lead to fibromyalgia as a secondary condition.

> In an article which appears on Immunesupport.com,

> Dr. Pellegrino explains that fibromyalgia has 8

> subsets.

>

> The Eight Subsets of the Fibromyalgia Spectrum Are:

> 1. Predisposed state2. Prodromal [preceding] state3.

> Undiagnosed Fibromyalgia4. Regional Fibromyalgia5.

> Generalized Fibromyalgia6. Fibromyalgia with

> particular associated conditions7. Fibromyalgia with

> coexisting mild disease8. Secondary Fibromyalgia

> reactive to disease.

>

> Subset 1 exists when the patient is asymptomatic and

> there are no clinical signs of fibromyalgia but

> there is risk of developing the condition.

> In subset 2, the patient still has no clinical signs

> of fibromyalgia such as widespread pain but they do

> experience associated symptoms (for example:

> headaches, fatigue, restless leg syndrome).

> In subset 3, the patient has painful tender points

> but has not been diagnosed.

>

> Read more about the progression through subsets 4

> through 8 and some patient profiles which fit

> fibromyalgia spectrum at:

>

>

http://www.immunesupport.com/library/print.cfm?ID=8221 & t=CFIDS_FM

>

>

>

> Discover new ways to stay in touch with Windows

> Live! Visit the City @ Live today!

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing... i can actually see i can progressed through those... blessed be lizpauline <foggynanny@...> wrote: Interesting. Maybe that's why some feel their fibro is getting worse. I suppose I wasn't diagnosed until the end stage.ine 'Fibromyalgia Spectrum' Better Defines the Condition Fibromyalgia syndrome is a broad condition with various subsets, according to expert Mark J. Pellegrino, M.D. Viewing fibromyalgia as a spectrum disorder helps doctors and patients understand the variability of symptoms associated with the condition. The spectrum takes into account conditions which overlap as well as diseases which can lead to fibromyalgia as a secondary condition. In an article which appears on Immunesupport.com, Dr. Pellegrino explains that fibromyalgia has 8 subsets. The Eight Subsets of the Fibromyalgia Spectrum Are: 1. Predisposed state2. Prodromal [preceding] state3. Undiagnosed Fibromyalgia4. Regional Fibromyalgia5. Generalized Fibromyalgia6. Fibromyalgia with particular associated conditions7. Fibromyalgia with coexisting mild disease8. Secondary

Fibromyalgia reactive to disease. Subset 1 exists when the patient is asymptomatic and there are no clinical signs of fibromyalgia but there is risk of developing the condition. In subset 2, the patient still has no clinical signs of fibromyalgia such as widespread pain but they do experience associated symptoms (for example: headaches, fatigue, restless leg syndrome). In subset 3, the patient has painful tender points but has not been diagnosed. Read more about the progression through subsets 4 through 8 and some patient profiles which fit fibromyalgia spectrum at: http://www.immunesupport.com/library/print.cfm?ID=8221 & t=CFIDS_FM Books, DVD's, gadgets, music and more. Shop online with Sympatico / MSN Shopping today!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Gosh - how depressing is this :(pauline <foggynanny@...> wrote: Interesting. Maybe that's why some feel their fibro is getting worse. I suppose I wasn't diagnosed until the end stage.ine 'Fibromyalgia Spectrum' Better Defines the Condition Fibromyalgia syndrome is a broad condition with various subsets, according to expert Mark J. Pellegrino, M.D. Viewing fibromyalgia as a spectrum disorder helps doctors and patients understand the variability of symptoms associated with the condition. The spectrum takes into

account conditions which overlap as well as diseases which can lead to fibromyalgia as a secondary condition. In an article which appears on Immunesupport.com, Dr. Pellegrino explains that fibromyalgia has 8 subsets. The Eight Subsets of the Fibromyalgia Spectrum Are: 1. Predisposed state2. Prodromal [preceding] state3. Undiagnosed Fibromyalgia4. Regional Fibromyalgia5. Generalized Fibromyalgia6. Fibromyalgia with particular associated conditions7. Fibromyalgia with coexisting mild disease8. Secondary Fibromyalgia reactive to disease. Subset 1 exists when the patient is asymptomatic and there are no clinical signs of fibromyalgia but there is risk of developing the condition. In subset 2, the patient still

has no clinical signs of fibromyalgia such as widespread pain but they do experience associated symptoms (for example: headaches, fatigue, restless leg syndrome). In subset 3, the patient has painful tender points but has not been diagnosed. Read more about the progression through subsets 4 through 8 and some patient profiles which fit fibromyalgia spectrum at: http://www.immunesupport.com/library/print.cfm?ID=8221 & t=CFIDS_FM Books, DVD's, gadgets, music and more. Shop online with Sympatico / MSN Shopping today!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

HI ine, I totally agree about drs and people. I do my own

research as well and just as i think I know what I am talking about

some other info makes me question that.

As for people I am sooooooo tired of explaining so I just say I have

a back ache or my allergies are kicking....

>

> Hello, Listers:

>

> I have been subscribed to Dominie's newsletter since about 2005.

At first, I was so excited to know I had something that was a real

something and was not just me being lazy or uncooperative.

>

> In fall 2006, I tried going for water therapy--exercising in

water. It helped some but the stratching exercises the therapist

taught me kept me awake at night in agony so I had to stop them. He

was a strange therapist anyway. He said the the FMS he had always

seen was found in fat, 40something, frustrated, females. I had just

turned 40 but did not qualify in the other two categories. If he

had spent as much time learning about FMS as he did to keep his body

perfectly smooth, the metrosexual thing I suspect, he might have

learned more about this crazy syndrome.

>

> Now, I hate it. I have not been to see my rhumatologist in a

year; and he has no ideas. When I did go I would ask about things

I'd read, and he never said anything either for or against.

>

> BestBeth Moorman

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

> _________________________________________________________________

> Introducing the City @ Live! Take a tour!

>

perhaps in someways but i think just because you're in a more progressed subset doesn't mean things can't get better... once i had another condition treated the fibro got better as well... i don't think fibro has to be a mandtory slide into the abyss... blessed be liz in AZ <oriana_az@...> wrote: Gosh - how depressing is this :(pauline <foggynannyhotmail> wrote: Interesting. Maybe that's why some feel their fibro is getting worse. I suppose I wasn't diagnosed until the end stage.ine 'Fibromyalgia Spectrum' Better Defines the Condition Fibromyalgia syndrome is a broad condition with various subsets, according to expert Mark J. Pellegrino, M.D. Viewing fibromyalgia as a spectrum disorder helps doctors and patients understand the variability of symptoms associated with the condition. The spectrum takes into account conditions which overlap as well as diseases which can lead to fibromyalgia as a secondary condition. In an article which appears on Immunesupport.com, Dr. Pellegrino explains that fibromyalgia has 8 subsets. The Eight Subsets of the Fibromyalgia

Spectrum Are: 1. Predisposed state2. Prodromal [preceding] state3. Undiagnosed Fibromyalgia4. Regional Fibromyalgia5. Generalized Fibromyalgia6. Fibromyalgia with particular associated conditions7. Fibromyalgia with coexisting mild disease8. Secondary Fibromyalgia reactive to disease. Subset 1 exists when the patient is asymptomatic and there are no clinical signs of fibromyalgia but there is risk of developing the condition. In subset 2, the patient still has no clinical signs of fibromyalgia such as widespread pain but they do experience associated symptoms (for example: headaches, fatigue, restless leg syndrome). In subset 3, the patient has painful tender points but has not been diagnosed. Read more about the progression through subsets 4 through 8 and some patient profiles which fit fibromyalgia spectrum at: http://www.immunesupport.com/library/print.cfm?ID=8221 & t=CFIDS_FM Books, DVD's, gadgets, music and more. Shop online with Sympatico / MSN Shopping today! Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.