RemedySpot.com

Re: Sweating and Effexor

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Up until I was about 40, I didn't sweat at all--not one drop. And 20 of those years I lived in hot and humid South Florida. Never sweat, not even when playing volleyball out in the midday sun. Then I moved to Texas and after I had lived there a few years, I realized that I was getting some faint beads of sweat on my forehead when I was outdoors working in my gardens. Time passes, I sweat more and more. Then about three years ago I started sweating buckets. I know it had nothing to do with menapause either. I think it was because I was taking high doses of Prednisone for sinus infections. I have never stopped sweating. I'll be sitting quietly in church on a cold day and all of a sudden I'm soaking wet and I know the people behind me can see the sweat running down the back of my neck. My head gets the worst of it, for some reason. My scalp and face and neck get soaking wet. I hate it. I want a magic solution to this mess.

Pam

Re: Sweating and Effexor

It's funny that you mention sweating. I used to be a "normal sweater" and probably starting in the early 2000's I started becoming a really soaking wet sweater (and I was thin then too!) I mean I would look like I took a shower, and my hair was medium length and it was completely saturated with sweat too! I didn't stink (thank God) but it was rather annoying. I wasn't on Effexor or any anti-depressants at that time. I still sweat a lot, and the funny thing is my dad is the same way. He is retired military and when he was out and about being a soldier, other guys would place bets on the amount of time it would take him to be soaked through his uniform or other less formal wear.

Nadine Dominie Bush <dombushbellsouth (DOT) net> wrote:

I ran into a friend the other day and we were talking about sweating, something which I do a lot of and it's miserable and annoying! It's been going on for many years now. Of course, living in hot, humid Florida doesn't help, but I've come to believe that my sweating problem is because my temperature control mechanism doesn't work (a CFIDS problem). It's also related to my nervous system. I have "hot flashes" even on cold days. I don't think it's female hormone related, because I've tried all those drugs/supplements and they don't help. I had a total hysterectomy 20 years ago, so I've already been through surgical menopause. Anyway, my friend said her doctor put her on Effexor and she was sweating all the time. When she got off of it, upon the recommendation of her personal trainer, the sweating stopped. Interesting.Dominie

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I am not on Effexor, never have been, and I have the same problem Pam. It is especially bad if I go from one extreme (hot to the a/c or cold to the heat) to the other. I was on a DATE (OMG can you say mortified) and we went to a Cabella's (sports store) opening on a VIP night because I work for the city. Steve and I were walking around holding hands and all of a sudden I had to sit down, I was sweating buckets. It looked like I had been swimming and my face was beat red. I would have been embarassed to be with me!!! in PhxPam Horne <pmarshall@...> wrote: Up until I was about 40, I didn't sweat at all--not one drop. And 20 of those years I lived in hot and humid South Florida. Never sweat, not even when

playing volleyball out in the midday sun. Then I moved to Texas and after I had lived there a few years, I realized that I was getting some faint beads of sweat on my forehead when I was outdoors working in my gardens. Time passes, I sweat more and more. Then about three years ago I started sweating buckets. I know it had nothing to do with menapause either. I think it was because I was taking high doses of Prednisone for sinus infections. I have never stopped sweating. I'll be sitting quietly in church on a cold day and all of a sudden I'm soaking wet and I know the people behind me can see the sweat running down the back of my neck. My head gets the worst of it, for some reason. My scalp and face and neck get soaking wet. I hate it. I want a magic solution to this mess. Pam

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hi in Phx, I have the same exact issue. No Effexor for me. Even without the change in temps I can go from ice cold hands and feet to hot face and trunk. But the with the temp change like you mentioned, from heat to a/c, it's killer. I will instantly start to sweat like crazy and my face will turn beat red. SO embarrassing. I have to sit down, too, most of the time because I start to feel faint & weak and my vision will start to go sort of 'white' sometimes. Sometimes I just lean over on a counter somewhere for a few minutes and then I'm fine. Must seem strange to 'normal' people huh. Tiff

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.