RemedySpot.com

HONEY HEALING POWERS?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Honey Now the Antibiotic of Choice For Treating Wounds? SINCE IT HELPS SO MUCH WITH WOUNDS I AM WONDERING OF THE BENEFIT OF HONEY FOR WHEN WE GET SICK. I KNOW I HAVE DRANK IN THE PAST HONEY, LEMON TEA IN THE PAST TO HELP FEEL BETTER. "It's been used on wounds where nothing else will work..it can kill the toughest bacteria even when diluted 10 times." Neumann (December 28, 2007) In yet another report on the comeback honey is making in the world of medicine, the AP reports that Leptospermum (or Manuka) honey is the honey of choice by researchers who are now singing its praises as nature's original antibiotic.This fall, Derma Sciences Inc., which makes advanced wound care products, began selling the first

honey-based dressing materials to hospitals and doctors in North and South America after the USDA approved its use. Within six months, it will reportedly be sold in U.S. drug stores.According to the report, the dressing goes by the brand name Medihoney and "it is made from a highly absorbent seaweed-based material, saturated with manuka honey, a particularly potent type that experts say kills germs and speeds healing.""It's been used on wounds where nothing else will work," said biochemist Molan, a professor at the University of Waikato in New Zealand, adding that it can "kill the toughest bacteria even when diluted 10 times." Dr. Craig Lambrecht, a North Dakota emergency physician, said, "I would use the Medihoney on burns on my children, as the first choice, without question." Source: Staff -

AP