RemedySpot.com

MSG and Fibromyalgia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think this EVERYDAY...along with microwaves and plastic...preservatives, etc...

In a message dated 1/6/2008 11:26:07 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, oriana_az@... writes:

I know Aspartame gives me a headache. I cannot drink regular soda anymore because the sugar content is way too high so I can only have a diet Coke or Pepsi every now and then. Splenda doesn't seem to bother me that way but the aspartame sure does. Have not noticed if it makes my fibro worse or not because I try to stay away from it. And I don't think anything I eat has MSG in it.

My boss and I were talking about this one day. I say you know, I wonder if these 'new' ailments (fibro, lupus, etc) are caused by the chemicals we have put in our bodies through the foods we eat. The meat we eat is not 'natural' anymore, they give them hormones or other stuff to make them fatter or produce eggs and stuff quicker. Look at the things they even put in fruit, I heard they do something to apples to make the shiner! I buy only organic apples now at Costco - a little more expensive but they are soooo good and they come presliced and in a little bag. But it makes me wonder.

heidi <heidilhlokey > wrote:

I was reading a website mentioning MSG and Aspartatem can make our symtoms worse. It gave a web site then another one to lok at by a Dr JD smith from UF pharmacotherapy in gainsville interesting reading only one page long but he stated if we get rid of all MSG anmd aspartame prooooducts our symptoms will be less than what we have now.One thing that has it so now switch to rice milk is soy protein.Gives a whole bunch of names of it at www.msgmyth.com click on fibromyaalgia nad it takes you to the link by trhe UF profesor nad then gives the names.Very interestingreading.Will have to modify my eating life style even more. gentle hugs heid

I was reading a website mentioning MSG and Aspartatem can make our

symtoms worse. It gave a web site then another one to lok at by a Dr JD

smith from UF pharmacotherapy in gainsville interesting reading only

one page long but he stated if we get rid of all MSG anmd aspartame

prooooducts our symptoms will be less than what we have now.One thing

that has it so now switch to rice milk is soy protein.Gives a whole

bunch of names of it at www.msgmyth.com click on fibromyaalgia nad it

takes you to the link by trhe UF profesor nad then gives the names.Very

interestingreading.Will have to modify my eating life style even

more. gentle hugs heid

I know Aspartame gives me a headache. I cannot drink regular soda anymore because the sugar content is way too high so I can only have a diet Coke or Pepsi every now and then. Splenda doesn't seem to bother me that way but the aspartame sure does. Have not noticed if it makes my fibro worse or not because I try to stay away from it. And I don't think anything I eat has MSG in it. My boss and I were talking about this one day. I say you know, I wonder if these 'new' ailments (fibro, lupus, etc) are caused by the chemicals we have put in our bodies through the foods we eat. The meat we eat is not 'natural' anymore, they give them hormones or other stuff to make them fatter or produce eggs and stuff quicker. Look at the things they even put in fruit, I heard they do something to apples to make the shiner! I buy only organic apples now at Costco - a little more expensive but they are soooo good and they come presliced and in a little

bag. But it makes me wonder. heidi <heidilhlokey@...> wrote: I was reading a website mentioning MSG and Aspartatem can make our symtoms worse. It gave a web site then another one to lok at by a Dr JD smith from UF pharmacotherapy in gainsville interesting reading only one page long but he stated if we get rid of all MSG anmd aspartame prooooducts our symptoms will be less than what we have now.One thing that has it so now switch to rice milk is soy protein.Gives a whole bunch of names of it at www.msgmyth.com click on fibromyaalgia nad it takes you to the link by trhe UF profesor nad then gives the names.Very interestingreading.Will have to modify my eating life style even more. gentle hugs heid

I have been using Splenda for over a year now. It is made from real sugar and you can even bake with it. That is all I use - no sugar at all - put in in ceral, tea, etc. I was told it was the better of all the other choices out there.

Shirley Godbout

Re: MSG and Fibromyalgia

I think this EVERYDAY...along with microwaves and plastic...preservat ives, etc...

In a message dated 1/6/2008 11:26:07 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, oriana_az (DOT) com writes:

I know Aspartame gives me a headache. I cannot drink regular soda anymore because the sugar content is way too high so I can only have a diet Coke or Pepsi every now and then. Splenda doesn't seem to bother me that way but the aspartame sure does. Have not noticed if it makes my fibro worse or not because I try to stay away from it. And I don't think anything I eat has MSG in it.

My boss and I were talking about this one day. I say you know, I wonder if these 'new' ailments (fibro, lupus, etc) are caused by the chemicals we have put in our bodies through the foods we eat. The meat we eat is not 'natural' anymore, they give them hormones or other stuff to make them fatter or produce eggs and stuff quicker. Look at the things they even put in fruit, I heard they do something to apples to make the shiner! I buy only organic apples now at Costco - a little more expensive but they are soooo good and they come presliced and in a little bag. But it makes me wonder.

heidi <heidilhlokey> wrote:

I was reading a website mentioning MSG and Aspartatem can make our symtoms worse. It gave a web site then another one to lok at by a Dr JD smith from UF pharmacotherapy in gainsville interesting reading only one page long but he stated if we get rid of all MSG anmd aspartame prooooducts our symptoms will be less than what we have now.One thing that has it so now switch to rice milk is soy protein.Gives a whole bunch of names of it at www.msgmyth. com click on fibromyaalgia nad it takes you to the link by trhe UF profesor nad then gives the names.Very interestingreading. Will have to modify my eating life style even more. gentle hugs heid

I think all of us, even anyone with any illness, should stay away from chemical food additives. I've always been allergic to MSG even before I got sick and I never eat artificial sugars. There are no long term studies out there and just because they say they are safe short term, are you really going to believe them? YOu're really eating chemicals. What does that mean to you?? To me it means no way in hell am I going to put that into my system. I eat the real thing only, yu just have to limit it. I believe that eating whole grains, getting fiber, vitamins, eating mostly organic and eating real butter, sugar, ice cream, milk, etc is the best thing you can do. Sure I feel much better overall - after drinking soda and eating junkfood, when I was first diagnosed but it also wasn't a cure either. I do not, however, have IBS anymore so I did eliminate that. I'm also allergic to soy, I tolerate milk just fine as long as it is whole organic milk. I've also tried hemp milk at the green festival and it's really quite good - not sure I could drink it by itself but might be good as an occasional alternative or for emergencies. WhitneyOn Jan 6, 2008 11:06 AM, heidi <heidilhlokey@...> wrote:

I was reading a website mentioning MSG and Aspartatem can make our

symtoms worse. It gave a web site then another one to lok at by a Dr JD

smith from UF pharmacotherapy in gainsville interesting reading only

one page long but he stated if we get rid of all MSG anmd aspartame

prooooducts our symptoms will be less than what we have now.One thing

that has it so now switch to rice milk is soy protein.Gives a whole

bunch of names of it at www.msgmyth.com click on fibromyaalgia nad it

takes you to the link by trhe UF profesor nad then gives the names.Very

interestingreading.Will have to modify my eating life style even

more. gentle hugs heid

-- Eat, sleep, dream and be the music!Life is short, live each day to its' fullest!Cave softly and leave no trace.Find a cure for chronic pain!Ask about The Purrfect Petsitter and Infinite Creations!

Easy fix - don't eat food with chemicals, hormones, additives. Eat organic - make sure it is certified with the USDA stamp on it. The Organic products that supermarkets offer are not 100% organic so beware of those. If you hae Trader Joes or Whole Foods - though Trader Joes is most affordable, buy there. I hardly go to the supermarket anymore. I buy only from Trader Joes, Farmer's markets, organic markets, etc. I know for those who live far from cities can get their organics delivered to them. Organic food may be slightly more expensive but it's really worth it for your health, your longterm wellness and health, plus the food tastes good and you know that that animal that you're eating, if it's meat or eggs, or fish, they were happy before they were killed for your food. And that makes all the difference. WhitneyOn Jan 6, 2008 11:25 AM, in AZ <oriana_az@...> wrote:

My boss and I were talking about this one day. I say you know, I wonder if these 'new' ailments (fibro, lupus, etc) are caused by the chemicals we have put in our bodies through the foods we eat. The meat we eat is not 'natural' anymore, they give them hormones or other stuff to make them fatter or produce eggs and stuff quicker. Look at the things they even put in fruit, I heard they do something to apples to make the shiner! I buy only organic apples now at Costco - a little more expensive but they are soooo good and they come presliced and in a little

bag. But it makes me wonder. heidi <heidilhlokey@...> wrote:

I was reading a website mentioning MSG and Aspartatem can make our symtoms worse. It gave a web site then another one to lok at by a Dr JD smith from UF pharmacotherapy in gainsville interesting reading only one page long but he stated if we get rid of all MSG anmd aspartame prooooducts our symptoms will be less than what we have now.One thing

that has it so now switch to rice milk is soy protein.Gives a whole bunch of names of it at www.msgmyth.com click on fibromyaalgia nad it takes you to the link by trhe UF profesor nad then gives the names.Very interestingreading.Will have to modify my eating life style even more. gentle hugs heid