RemedySpot.com

What has worked for me

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I must empasize that this is what has worked for me over my 14 year journey with fibro and may not help all. I also had a spinal fusion in 1998 which causes much of my pain and some osteoarthritis along with chronic myofascial pain. But I went from living on pain meds and muscle relaxants daily to now being off all pain meds (other than lidoderm patches and compounded pain cream) and doing an average of 4 miles of aerobic walking daily:

1. For me stress is the number one contributor to my pain and flare ups. I was a teacher for 30 years so stress was a given. What really gave me my life back was going to a Christian psychologist in 2001 who used hypnotherapy and guided imagery to deal with stress and knock it out. I continue to meditate or do guided relaxation with deep breathing daily.

2. Trigger point release or myofascial release massotherapy along with physical therapy.

3. Magnesium malate with malic acid, vitamin D3, zyflamend (an herbal anti-inflamatory) for pain and inflammation and rhodiola which has done an extraordinary job in increasing my energy.

4. Daily range of motion and stretching exercises done each morning as soon as I wake up.

5. Chiropractic care.

6. Developing a personal relationship with God.

7. Doing volunteer work- I visit shut ins for my church.

8. Journaling my feelings daily for several months- particularly repressed emotions.

I don't claim this will work for everyone, but it worked for me. But I do think everyone has to find a way of dealing with stress or you will never feel better because stress keeps you in the fight or flight mode all the time. I must admit that retiring from teaching also helped as that was a main source of stress for me. I loved the kids but hated the governments interference in education that left many of my first graders frustrated and sick from all the tests.

But these methods helped me cope when my husband was diagnosed with cancer in 2004 and again in 2007 and I had a melonoma removed in Sept. Without the meditation and prayer, I would have fell apart, but thanks to having ways to cope with stress helped me get through the tough times.

I do continue to deal with sleep problems which could have caused my FM in the first place as I had it long before the fibro so I do switch between ambien and klonopin for sleep so I don't develop a tolerance to either.

sue in ohio

Sue, Thank you.....I totally need peace and meditation in my life. I am also in Ohio. How far away is the lady that does the meditation therapy? The Lyrica is starting to help my Fibro pain, but unfortunately it doesn't do anything for the RA pain. Since I have to go to the doctor on Monday, I'm going to ask him what next step I should take for the RA joint pain. As you can tell from my other entries, I am against long term narcotics (sorry if I got anyone's feathers ruffled) however my family doctor isn't a prescriber of Narcotics for this type of pain. Our local holistic lady said that Cherry pills has worked wonders for inflammation and pain. Has anyone else heard of this? I think I'm going to give it a try. Nadine sueinohio2001 <sueinohio2001@...> wrote: I must empasize that this is what has worked for me over my 14 year journey with fibro and may not help all. I also had a spinal fusion in 1998 which causes much of my pain and some osteoarthritis along with chronic myofascial pain. But I went from living on pain meds and muscle relaxants daily to now being off all pain meds (other than lidoderm patches and compounded pain cream) and doing an average of 4 miles of aerobic walking daily: 1. For me stress is the number one contributor to my pain and flare ups. I was a teacher for

30 years so stress was a given. What really gave me my life back was going to a Christian psychologist in 2001 who used hypnotherapy and guided imagery to deal with stress and knock it out. I continue to meditate or do guided relaxation with deep breathing daily. 2. Trigger point release or myofascial release massotherapy along with physical therapy. 3. Magnesium malate with malic acid, vitamin D3, zyflamend (an herbal anti-inflamatory) for pain and inflammation and rhodiola which has done an extraordinary job in increasing my energy. 4. Daily range of motion and stretching exercises done each morning as soon as I wake up. 5. Chiropractic care. 6. Developing a personal relationship with God. 7. Doing volunteer work- I visit shut ins for my

church. 8. Journaling my feelings daily for several months- particularly repressed emotions. I don't claim this will work for everyone, but it worked for me. But I do think everyone has to find a way of dealing with stress or you will never feel better because stress keeps you in the fight or flight mode all the time. I must admit that retiring from teaching also helped as that was a main source of stress for me. I loved the kids but hated the governments interference in education that left many of my first graders frustrated and sick from all the tests. But these methods helped me cope when my husband was diagnosed with cancer in 2004 and again in 2007 and I had a melonoma removed in Sept. Without the meditation and prayer, I would have fell apart, but thanks to having ways to cope with stress helped me get through the tough times. I do continue to deal with sleep problems which could have caused my FM in the first place as I had it long before the fibro so I do switch between ambien and klonopin for sleep so I don't develop a tolerance to either. sue in ohio

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Nadine, the Christian meditation CDs I got at amazon.com and now I order directly from her site-www.thechristianmeditator.com.

Sour cherry concentrate is excellent for arthritis and also helps with migraines. I used to get it and mix an ounce with juice each day. I imagine the cherry pills work in the same way. I think the zyflamend might help you, too with the arthritis side of things. You can go to www.vitacost.com and type in zyflamend to get a list of the herbs in it that you might want to show your doctor. It enabled me to go off the celebrex entirely.

sue in ohio> I must empasize that this is what has worked for me over my 14 year journey with fibro and may not help all. I also had a spinal fusion in 1998 which causes much of my pain and some osteoarthritis along with chronic myofascial pain. But I went from living on pain meds and muscle relaxants daily to now being off all pain meds (other than lidoderm patches and compounded pain cream) and doing an average of 4 miles of aerobic walking daily:> 1. For me stress is the number one contributor to my pain and flare ups. I was a teacher for 30 years so stress was a given. What really gave me my life back was going to a Christian psychologist in 2001 who used hypnotherapy and guided imagery to deal with stress and knock it out. I continue to meditate or do guided relaxation with deep breathing daily.> 2. Trigger point release or myofascial release massotherapy along with physical therapy.> 3. Magnesium malate with malic acid, vitamin D3, zyflamend (an herbal anti-inflamatory) for pain and inflammation and rhodiola which has done an extraordinary job in increasing my energy.> 4. Daily range of motion and stretching exercises done each morning as soon as I wake up.> 5. Chiropractic care.> 6. Developing a personal relationship with God.> 7. Doing volunteer work- I visit shut ins for my church.> 8. Journaling my feelings daily for several months- particularly repressed emotions.> I don't claim this will work for everyone, but it worked for me. But I do think everyone has to find a way of dealing with stress or you will never feel better because stress keeps you in the fight or flight mode all the time. I must admit that retiring from teaching also helped as that was a main source of stress for me. I loved the kids but hated the governments interference in education that left many of my first graders frustrated and sick from all the tests. > But these methods helped me cope when my husband was diagnosed with cancer in 2004 and again in 2007 and I had a melonoma removed in Sept. Without the meditation and prayer, I would have fell apart, but thanks to having ways to cope with stress helped me get through the tough times.> I do continue to deal with sleep problems which could have caused my FM in the first place as I had it long before the fibro so I do switch between ambien and klonopin for sleep so I don't develop a tolerance to either.> sue in ohio> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.>

thanks a million! I see my family doctor tomorrow =) sueinohio2001 <sueinohio2001@...> wrote: Nadine, the Christian meditation CDs I got at amazon.com and now I order directly from her site-www.thechristianmeditator.com. Sour cherry concentrate is excellent for arthritis and also helps with migraines. I used to get it and mix an ounce with juice each day. I imagine the cherry pills work in the same way. I think the zyflamend might help you, too

with the arthritis side of things. You can go to www.vitacost.com and type in zyflamend to get a list of the herbs in it that you might want to show your doctor. It enabled me to go off the celebrex entirely. sue in ohio> I must empasize that this is what has worked for me over my 14 year journey with fibro and may not help all. I also had a spinal fusion in 1998 which causes much of my pain and some osteoarthritis along with chronic myofascial pain. But I went from living on pain meds and muscle relaxants daily to now being off all pain meds (other than lidoderm patches and compounded pain cream) and doing an average of 4 miles of aerobic walking daily:> 1. For me stress is the number one contributor to my pain and flare ups. I was a teacher for 30 years so stress was a given. What really gave me my life back was going to a Christian psychologist in 2001 who used hypnotherapy and guided imagery to deal with stress and knock it

out. I continue to meditate or do guided relaxation with deep breathing daily.> 2. Trigger point release or myofascial release massotherapy along with physical therapy.> 3. Magnesium malate with malic acid, vitamin D3, zyflamend (an herbal anti-inflamatory) for pain and inflammation and rhodiola which has done an extraordinary job in increasing my energy.> 4. Daily range of motion and stretching exercises done each morning as soon as I wake up.> 5. Chiropractic care.> 6. Developing a personal relationship with God.> 7. Doing volunteer work- I visit shut ins for my church.> 8. Journaling my feelings daily for several months- particularly repressed emotions.> I don't claim this will work for everyone, but it worked for me. But I do think everyone has to find a way of dealing with stress or you will never feel better because stress keeps you in the fight or flight mode all the time. I must admit that retiring from

teaching also helped as that was a main source of stress for me. I loved the kids but hated the governments interference in education that left many of my first graders frustrated and sick from all the tests. > But these methods helped me cope when my husband was diagnosed with cancer in 2004 and again in 2007 and I had a melonoma removed in Sept. Without the meditation and prayer, I would have fell apart, but thanks to having ways to cope with stress helped me get through the tough times.> I do continue to deal with sleep problems which could have caused my FM in the first place as I had it long before the fibro so I do switch between ambien and klonopin for sleep so I don't develop a tolerance to either.> sue in ohio> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.