RemedySpot.com

Re: Nadine URGENT--I'm Frightened Out Of My Wits--And Don't Know What To Do!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Nadine, I didn't even know it was possible to get a clogged milk duct unless you were breastfeeding!!! Would you mind telling me what happened with your mom? (like symptoms and what did she do?) Because I'm getting more uncomfortable by the minute!!! I thought that it was just my imagination that my breasts were feeling hard. But I just took my bra off a few minutes ago because it hurt and was irritating. They are starting to itch and a lot of memories are coming back regarding how they felt the day I took my daughter home from the hospital. (I was in so much pain--and was distraught because I thought that I was going to completely lose my milk!) I found a very similar lump in my other breast. Oh dear--I do not know whether to be happy or sad at this turn of events!!! Why on a Saturday? Where can I go on a

Saturday? Anyway--gotta go. Thanks for the info though! hugs, nadine redman <nlraccount@...> wrote: Hang in there and take a deep breath sweetie =) I had my first cyst at 14, and have had them off and on since. It's probably just that, or like others said a clogged milk duct (funny story....my mom was diagnosed with one of those around 5 years ago, and at that time she was 60!) But still get it checked just

to be on the safe side. Nadine memommy1947 <MEMOMMY1947aol> wrote: , I have gone through this myself. Since you don't have a Dr. You could maybe go to a walk in clinic. They will exam you and then most likely order a mammogram. Any practitioner can do this initial exam. I have fibrocystic breast so always have lumps, but if I notice any changes I get ahold of my Dr right away for further exam. Like ine said it could be just a cyst, or blocked milk duct. Or even an ingrown hair. Sandie -- URGENT--I'm Frightened Out Of My Wits--And Don't Know What To Do!!! Last night--in bed (in my nightgown--with of course no bra on)--I brushed up against something that felt odd in my right breast. (on the underside) I keep trying to tell myself that I'm

imagining it--but I also don't really think that I am! The trouble is--I'm not really sure what to do about it. I mean obviously I need to get it checked out. Only by whom? Heck--I don't even have a doctor--and I just got health insurance again on January 1st. (after almost a year without it) So--I have no doctor--no energy--and no money. What to do? Look--I know you guys can't diagnose anything. But I also know that someone probably knows exactly where I should start. Has anyone else been through this? If so--do you have any words of wisdom? My husband called me from work a little while ago. I REALLY wanted to tell him this--but didn't want to freak him out at work--so I didn't. So I'm sitting here at home--trying to do the things that I need to do--with only my kids for

company--going crazy!!! This just feeds into my worst fear. As my grandmother died of cancer before I was born (stomach--not breast)--and as the first child of her first child--in the back of my mind I have always been afraid of dying young of cancer like she did!!! I keep trying to stay positive--but that's not really working at the moment!!!!! hugs, HO HO HO, if you've been naughty this year, email Santa! Visit asksanta.ca to learn more! Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

This is one of the postings that I am talking about. See how long

it is.

another thing I know its Saturday but keep checking your

breast over the weekend. Cyst do not mean cancer all the time. Just

a clogged milk duc is great. Hurts but great.

> ,

> I have gone through this myself.

> Since you don't have a Dr. You could maybe go to a walk in

clinic. They will exam you and then most likely order a mammogram.

Any practitioner can do this initial exam.

>

> I have fibrocystic breast so always have lumps, but if I notice

any changes I get ahold of my Dr right away for further exam.

>

> Like ine said it could be just a cyst, or blocked milk duct.

Or even an ingrown hair.

>

> Sandie

>

>

>

>

> -- URGENT--I'm Frightened Out Of My Wits--And

Don't Know What To Do!!!

>

> Last night--in bed (in my nightgown--with of course no bra on)--

I brushed up against something that felt odd in my right breast.

(on the underside)

>

> I keep trying to tell myself that I'm imagining it--but I also

don't really think that I am!

>

> The trouble is--I'm not really sure what to do about it.

>

> I mean obviously I need to get it checked out. Only by whom?

Heck--I don't even have a doctor--and I just got health insurance

again on January 1st. (after almost a year without it) So--I have

no doctor--no energy--and no money. What to do?

>

> Look--I know you guys can't diagnose anything. But I also know

that someone probably knows exactly where I should start. Has

anyone else been through this? If so--do you have any words of

wisdom?

>

> My husband called me from work a little while ago. I REALLY

wanted to tell him this--but didn't want to freak him out at work--

so I didn't. So I'm sitting here at home--trying to do the things

that I need to do--with only my kids for company--going crazy!!!

>

> This just feeds into my worst fear. As my grandmother died of

cancer before I was born (stomach--not breast)--and as the first

child of her first child--in the back of my mind I have always been

afraid of dying young of cancer like she did!!!

>

> I keep trying to stay positive--but that's not really working at

the moment!!!!!

>

> hugs,

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> HO HO HO, if you've been naughty this year, email Santa! Visit

asksanta.ca to learn more!

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

, I'm at my mom's, so I asked. She was in severe breast pain and they hurt all over, very sensitive, etc.. The doctor said (because at the time she had a cold and cough) and what had happened is she inflammed all the little muscles in her breasts, and that was causing the pain. He still sent her for a mammogram that showed a mass in one breast. She then went for a second opinion, and that doctor sent her to (I guess that doctor figured it was cancer.) She had another mammogram at and worked with a doctor there, and that doctor was the one that told her it was a clogged milk duct. Interesting eh? It should be noted that my mom has Fibromyalgia, and has had lots of other autoimmune things throughout her life. As far as my cyts that I have had off and on, I did have one that was shaped like a football and hurt horribly. It was in my right breast. I went

to my OB/GYN and he said it was a hormone related cyst. He said that after my period started I should notice it decrease in size and the pain should go away. He was right, and it did exactly that. It was strange, but scared me to death. My grandmother (my mom's mom) was a breast cancer survivor, so it kinda freaked me out. Maybe your breasts could be tender and tight because of hormones right now. Oh yeah, I almost forgot what the doctor told me to do for the pain. He told me to put a warm washcloth on my breast or a moist heating pad. It did help. I had to chuckle though, because it kinda reminded me of what you do for a stye on your eye (lol!) Nadine Bastone <cbast1030@...> wrote: Dear Nadine, I didn't even know it was possible to get a clogged milk duct unless you were breastfeeding!!! Would you mind telling me what happened with your mom? (like symptoms and what did she do?) Because I'm getting more uncomfortable by the minute!!! I thought that it was just my imagination that my breasts were feeling hard. But I just took my bra off a few minutes ago because it hurt and was irritating. They are starting to itch and a lot of memories are coming back regarding how they felt the day I took my

daughter home from the hospital. (I was in so much pain--and was distraught because I thought that I was going to completely lose my milk!) I found a very similar lump in my other breast. Oh dear--I do not know whether to be happy or sad at this turn of events!!! Why on a Saturday? Where can I go on a Saturday? Anyway--gotta go. Thanks for the info though! hugs, nadine redman <nlraccount > wrote: Hang in there and take a deep breath sweetie =) I had my first cyst at 14, and have had them off and on since. It's probably just that, or like others said a clogged milk duct (funny story....my mom was diagnosed with one of those around 5 years ago, and at that

time she was 60!) But still get it checked just to be on the safe side. Nadine memommy1947 <MEMOMMY1947aol> wrote: , I have gone through this myself. Since you don't have a Dr. You could maybe go to a walk in clinic. They will exam you and then most likely order a mammogram. Any practitioner can do this initial exam. I have fibrocystic breast so always have lumps, but if I notice any changes I get ahold of my Dr right away for further exam. Like ine said it could be just a cyst, or blocked milk duct. Or

even an ingrown hair. Sandie -- URGENT--I'm Frightened Out Of My Wits--And Don't Know What To Do!!! Last night--in bed (in my nightgown--with of course no bra on)--I brushed up against something that felt odd in my right breast. (on the underside) I keep trying to tell myself that I'm imagining it--but I also don't really think that I am! The trouble is--I'm not really sure what to do about it. I mean obviously I need to get it checked out. Only by whom? Heck--I don't even have a doctor--and I just got health insurance again on January 1st. (after almost a year without it) So--I have no doctor--no energy--and no money. What to do? Look--I know you guys can't diagnose anything. But I also know that someone probably knows exactly where I should start. Has anyone else been through this? If so--do you have any words of wisdom? My husband called me from work a little while ago. I REALLY wanted to tell him this--but didn't want to freak him out at work--so I didn't. So I'm sitting here at home--trying to

do the things that I need to do--with only my kids for company--going crazy!!! This just feeds into my worst fear. As my grandmother died of cancer before I was born (stomach--not breast)--and as the first child of her first child--in the back of my mind I have always been afraid of dying young of cancer like she did!!! I keep trying to stay positive--but that's not really working at the moment!!!!! hugs, HO HO HO, if you've been naughty this year, email Santa! Visit asksanta.ca to learn more! Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.