and my CFIDS story is at http://www.fms-help.com/fatigue.htm

Also,

with FMS, lack of restorative sleep can wreck the immune system,

making

it harder to stay well. I have heard from 2 kinds of people who have

been diagnosed with FMS - one group does not get sick much and the

other is sick frequently. Maybe the second group has CFIDS. There

are

many things I have to do to keep my fragile immune system operating.

They are listed at http://www.fms-help.com/what.htm I sure hope you

get well soon from the cold. That's no fun.....

One more thing I just remembered.... in January of 1987 when I lived

in Tallahassee, FL, there was a cold going around. A lot of people I

knew were sick. However, they were all well in about a week!

My " cold " turned into bronchitis, then pleurisy (from so much

coughing). The docs had me on 6 powerful antibiotics, one after the

other. I developed CFIDS from this. I have never been the same

since, despite much treatment with probiotics, etc. afterwards. The

respiratory illness finally went away on its own in June, very

suddenly much to my surprise.

It turned out that the whole thing was allergy related. I had

allergy testing done and was found to be allergic to just about

everything. My BIG 5 were mold, pollen, cat dander, grasses and dust

mites. Just wondering if allergies (which basically stress your

immune system) are part of your inability to get well from the cold

(because your immune system is already fighting so many things)? I

had the misfortune of working for a year in toxic mold http://www.fms-

help.com/mold.htm in a " sick building " in 2005 and this has started

another respiratory problem for me - gotta keep stress waaaay down or

the lung problem starts up again.

Lots of people live in houses with mold and don't realize it. I read

somewhere, though, that only 25% of the population is affected

adversely by mold (it's a genetic thing).

>

> I have had a bad cold since 1st of december and cough so bad i

bruised my ribs and here it is january 10 and i am still sick, lots

of

pain wsith the cold and major flare up with the fibro. for two days

now

bad migraines soon to give myself another shot of imitrex. does fibro

also include immune defiency, i cannot seem to get rid of this cold

>

>

Yhanks Dominie i will read these things it siure is helpful when someone else knows what you are going through Dominie Bush <dombush@...> wrote: Researchers don't know if CFIDS (Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is the same as FMS (Fibromyalgia Syndrome) or not. These two illnesses have some overlapping characteristics. I have always had a hard time throwing off infections and viruses (since childhood). If you want to compare symptoms, my FMS story is at http://www.fms-help.com/fibro.htm and my CFIDS story is at http://www.fms-help.com/fatigue.htm Also, with FMS, lack of restorative sleep can wreck the immune system, making it harder to stay well. I have heard from 2 kinds of people who have been diagnosed with FMS - one group does not get sick much and the other is sick frequently. Maybe the second group has CFIDS. There are many things I have to do to keep my fragile immune system operating. They are listed at http://www.fms-help.com/what.htm I sure hope you get well soon from the cold. That's no fun..... One more thing I just remembered.... in January of 1987 when I lived in Tallahassee, FL, there was a cold going around. A lot of people I knew were sick. However, they were all well in about a week!

My "cold" turned into bronchitis, then pleurisy (from so much coughing). The docs had me on 6 powerful antibiotics, one after the other. I developed CFIDS from this. I have never been the same since, despite much treatment with probiotics, etc. afterwards. The respiratory illness finally went away on its own in June, very suddenly much to my surprise. It turned out that the whole thing was allergy related. I had allergy testing done and was found to be allergic to just about everything. My BIG 5 were mold, pollen, cat dander, grasses and dust mites. Just wondering if allergies (which basically stress your immune system) are part of your inability to get well from the cold (because your immune system is already fighting so many things)? I had the misfortune of working for a year in toxic mold http://www.fms-help.com/mold.htm in a "sick building" in 2005 and this has started

another respiratory problem for me - gotta keep stress waaaay down or the lung problem starts up again.Lots of people live in houses with mold and don't realize it. I read somewhere, though, that only 25% of the population is affected adversely by mold (it's a genetic thing).>> I have had a bad cold since 1st of december and cough so bad i bruised my ribs and here it is january 10 and i am still sick, lots of pain wsith the cold and major flare up with the fibro. for two days now bad migraines soon to give myself another shot of imitrex. does fibro also include immune defiency, i cannot seem to get rid of this cold> >

Okay consider going to see an allergist - I know this is a "cold" but you need to see a Dr. and my allergist is the only one that can cure me when I get like that and I get the same each year at this time...Dr. has me on Prednisone and Cefzil right now...

In a message dated 1/10/2008 10:46:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, davidbrecker@... writes:

I have had a bad cold since 1st of december and cough so bad i bruised my ribs and here it is january 10 and i am still sick, lots of pain wsith the cold and major flare up with the fibro. for two days now bad migraines soon to give myself another shot of imitrex. does fibro also include immune defiency, i cannot seem to get rid of this cold

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Fibro is an autoimmune disease. It wears down our immune system, so we are people more suseptible to everything else floating around. If you are coughing that much however, please go to your doctor for some good cough medicine, and have him/her make sure nothing is settling in your lungs. Don't forget lots and lots of fluid right now, not enough fluid can cause headaches. raeannturner@... wrote: Okay consider going to see an allergist - I know this is a

"cold" but you need to see a Dr. and my allergist is the only one that can cure me when I get like that and I get the same each year at this time...Dr. has me on Prednisone and Cefzil right now... In a message dated 1/10/2008 10:46:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, davidbreckersbcglobal (DOT) net writes: I have had a bad cold since 1st of december and cough so bad i bruised my ribs and here it is january 10 and i am still sick, lots of pain wsith the cold and major flare up with the fibro. for two days now bad migraines soon to give myself another shot of imitrex. does fibro also include immune defiency, i cannot seem to get rid of this cold Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.