RemedySpot.com

beachaccident

Rate this topic

Guest guest

------Reversing nerve damage caused by a slipped disk................please help me to distribute this..... On the next to the last day of a rainy vacation at the beach, in my 52nd year , I made a really bad choice with some long lasting consequences. Seeing a nice big wave , soon after entering the water , in a joyful moment of exuberance, I dove in front of it , hoping to body surf a good wave, as I have done so often. It happened so incredibly fast, I only remember diving into the wave, and the excruciating pain afterwards. I could not get up onto the beach without help. It was all I could do to sit on the beach , holding my head in my hands. I knew immediately that this is one of those terrible paralysis causing accidents you read about . I

knew it was serious, and also I knew that I was not paralysed , numb, or , of course, dead. So even at that point I was thankful and had hope. There was two days in two hospitals, and a month and a half of rest and recuperation , with virtually no instructions from the slew of doctors and surgeons that I paid so much for .Also there was absolutely no improvement in a seriously weakened, withering, and nerve tingling arm. As a carpenter , I have a lot more to be concerned about than most people , in this respect. It finally dawned on me that the cat scan talked about a slipped disc, pushing inwards into the neck. I also had two cracked neck vertebra. On inspiration , I threw out the pillows, and slept flat on my back, with a sheet of plywood under the mattress. Wonder of wonders, I woke up feeling like doing something, got right out of bed, went for a walk , and knew, just knew that my nerve damaged arm had gone way up in strength. I got down on my knees and gave it a try. From 0 push-ups , I went up to three. This was a marvel in itself, and it gave me an unanticipated hope for recovery. On inspiration( and logical intuition), again I took matters into my own hands, and laid on a hardwood floor, with a wad of clothing forming a hump at the pinched nerve area. The next day I went up to six push-ups. This was quite miraculous to me. What I was trying to do , and evidently succeeding at, was to reverse the curve of the back between the shoulders, in order to allow the disc to slide back in , in turn relieving pressure on the nerve. I reasoned that separating the vertebra would achieve a similar effect. For 25 years I have thought occasionally to buy an inversion

table. Since the price was now down to $130 , and I had paid more for a doctors visit, I thought ,”why not”. And I did. With use of the inversion table , my strength went up to 10 push-ups. This was remarkable!!!!…………….Since then I have modified these techniques somewhat, and have made more modest gains, but the nerve tingling and funny bone feeling are way down, and the long term prognosis is good,,,,,,,,,and , by the way, none of the doctors that I told this to jumped up and down and shouted. As near as I could tell none of them even heard me, much less wanted to do more research on it. Meredith………2008………..bigsculpture.org………….michaelsremodeling.com….. After talking to friends about it, I found out about the Pete Egosque method of exercises, which generally are used to relieve pain. The woman who runs the clinic in the D.C. area

told me that she agreed with me about my reversing the curve method of restoring balance. I went over there, and she photographed me, showing a big slump forwards in the shoulders( from bad habits going way back). Also the hips and shoulders are not parrelel to the floor. This sort of thing is very typical of Americans, evidently. She gave me some excercises which take about an hour a day to do. As soon as I saw how hunched forwards my shoulders are, I used my back muscles to straighten up. Right away I noticed that I breathed more easily, which is logical. Now , I also concentrate on diaphramatic breathing, which has helped some of my long standing conditions. For anyone thinking to try these things, a warning.Each condition is different.In my case the reverse and hanging traction(sometimes with head weights), can still cause mild headaches and malaise. The first time I tried the reverse curve traction , I was sick the very next day. It may or may not have been a result of the traction, some other sickness, or both. The nerve damage reactions are poorly understood. Create the right conditions, and the dis-ease will reverse ittself. Please help me to distribute this.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.