RemedySpot.com

Congestive Heart Failure

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tina - I'm not a cardiologist, but I think if the repair was considered " a

success " , there should be little to no chance of congestive heart failure at

this point. Have you been going for periodic checkups since his surgery? If

he is looking blue or having trouble breathing, I'd contact your doc asap!

• 6 years later...

I am being tested for it. When I was in nursing school, one of the things mentioned was those who had untreated strep infections were at risk of developing CHF as they age. So I have been expecting it. I used to have frequent strep throats and back when I was a kid, parents didn't run to the Dr all the time and just treated you with home remedies. I am on furosemide, and have been for several years as I retain water. I am asthmatic, and can tell in my breathing if I need to take a furosemide before any signs of edema show up. I have had holter moniter, echo, and thallium stress test in last few months. Which has revealed that I have had a heart attack in the past. I know this has happened in the last 2 years. As I underwent testing 3 years ago and all was negative for problems, cardiologist, cleared me for colon surgery a year later and told me no need to come back unless I had problems. I have moved out town since then, so new Dr is running through the test and finding the problems. I was blaming it all on my asthma. Sometime just walking to the mail box makes me SOB. I started having heart palpitations after dental surgery in July. I am on verapamil to lower B/P and to treat tachycardia. I have a strong family history for heart related problems plus I am an ex phen/phen user, who had no problems during the class action, but they did not know what the future held for us. Sandie -- Congestive Heart Failure Does anyone in the group have symptoms of Congestive Heart Failure - this condition can cause fatigue, exercise intolerance, shortness of breath, etc. http://www.emedicinehealth.com/congestive_heart_failure/page3_em.htm#Congestive%20Heart%20Failure%20Symptoms Dom ------------------------------------