RemedySpot.com

CRe: Re: Dominie's Survey Re: Alcohol H

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am also prior medical field too.So I know that helps too. So i

understand their terms nd can ask back in medical terms too.

I go to a teaching hospital and sometimes I do lose my sanctification

when the new interns come in and my Dr's ask explain to them what

fibromyalgia, Neurofibromatosis is. So i do.How else will they learn.

I wouldn't get any more test if you think they are using you for a

guinea pig. test this test that.I don't put up with it.I have been

through many EKG's, EMG's, MRIS, Cat Scans, X-rays with and without

contrast.I tell the techs where the best vein is.Tell them i donot do

well with a tourniquet so let me make a fist use ped's needles please

too.In my MRI's need no medicines at all to calm me down I just close

my eyes and have a little talk with GOD. Yes I will pray for you too

that you get into Univ of Miami soon too. Does Pandora keep in contact

with you too.I hope so.

I did fire my one Dr nd his PA who Mis diagnosed me when i had my

silent heart attack nd have chewed out one of my husbands neurologists

to a fair thee well wanting to do a MRI on him with Metal in his neck

and his main cardiologist told us no MRI " s at all. so I fire the ones I

don't like. But I have been blessed with good ones since I got a new

PCP and also my Ole GYN went into private practice. so come this

Summer I might have anew one I hope not though. Need to go see her

again after Jan. but hang tough you will finally Get a good Dr

and then Keep her OK. Bring all your tests let her know you're so

unhappy with the way you have been treated too. But yes I will keep

praying you get in soon to see this Dr at Univ at Miami too. hugs

Heidi

Thanks Heidi, unfortunately I do not have a medical background, but do have common sense, but when I question at least my docs they don't like it. I really do feel that we have some of the worst doctor's here in S. FL, with the exception I'm sure of a few. Each one has a different diagnosis, although they all confirm and agree with the FMS/CFS/MCS etc, but differ greatly on so many others conditions that I have. Talk about being confused, while I lay here in such pain. When I went to the new Neuro on Wed., I had the book with me on Fibro by Devin somebody, can't remember off hand, and he and his associate just laughed at the book and it's title. I spoke up and told them that I am learning alot more from this book than I am from all the doctor's and told them that if it wasn't for these books and my group I'd be going

crazy with self doubt and believing that this illness was in my head! Thankfully this was only a consult referred by the pain mgt doc so I won't be seeing him again.

Why is it that everytime I walk out of yet another doctor's office, I'm more depressed than when I went in, more in pain from being poked and jabbed more confused and more tears.

I will take all the prayers and really appreciate your prayers Heidi on getting into the University. I'm sitting here looking at all the bins for Christmas and just feel helpless because I don't have the strength to decorate and I feel bad because I know no one else will do it. I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I don't know if I'm in another flare, if I ever got out of my last flare or if it's the pain from so many of the conditions that I have. Hugs H

From: heidi <heidilhlokey@...>Subject: Re: CRe: Re: Dominie's Survey Re: Alcohol Hdominie Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 6:50 PM

I am also prior medical field too.So I know that helps too. So i understand their terms nd can ask back in medical terms too.I go to a teaching hospital and sometimes I do lose my sanctification when the new interns come in and my Dr's ask explain to them what fibromyalgia, Neurofibromatosis is. So i do.How else will they learn.I wouldn't get any more test if you think they are using you for a guinea pig. test this test that.I don't put up with it.I have been through many EKG's, EMG's, MRIS, Cat Scans, X-rays with and without contrast.I tell the techs where the best vein is.Tell them i donot do well with a tourniquet so let me make a fist use ped's needles please too.In my MRI's need no medicines at all to calm me down I just close my eyes and have a little talk with GOD. Yes I will pray for you too that you get into Univ of Miami soon too. Does Pandora keep in contact with you too.I hope

so.I did fire my one Dr nd his PA who Mis diagnosed me when i had my silent heart attack nd have chewed out one of my husbands neurologists to a fair thee well wanting to do a MRI on him with Metal in his neck and his main cardiologist told us no MRI"s at all. so I fire the ones I don't like. But I have been blessed with good ones since I got a new PCP and also my Ole GYN went into private practice. so come this Summer I might have anew one I hope not though. Need to go see her again after Jan. but hang tough you will finally Get a good Dr and then Keep her OK. Bring all your tests let her know you're so unhappy with the way you have been treated too. But yes I will keep praying you get in soon to see this Dr at Univ at Miami too. hugs Heidi

Dom, I have to say you are so very lucky, as you have said. I envy the relationship you have with your doctor's and can only pray that one day I'll have the same. God Bless Hugs H

From: Dominie Bush <dombush@...>Subject: CRe: Re: Dominie's Survey Re: Alcohol Hdominie Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 8:43 PM

You go, Heidi! I too have had to fire doctors. As a young woman, Iwas intimidated by doctors and had a great respect for their"all-knowing wisdom." But after so many years of being a guinea pig,being misdiagnosed, misunderstood and even mistreated like a "nutcase," I eventually found myself "interviewing" doctors instead ofvice versa! THANKFULLY.. ..I have been blessed for many years to have had sometruly great docs! What they didn't know about FMS/CFIDS, they werewilling to work with me on, and I reeeally appreciate them (mainlybecause they can write prescriptions. ...ha.) For any fibromite who is feeling "beat up" after a doctor's visit, seemy page for shell-shocked patients at http://www.fms- help.com/ doctors.htmand enjoy some emotional support.Dom>> I am also prior medical field too.So I know that helps too. So i > understand their terms nd can ask back in medical terms too.> I go to a teaching hospital and sometimes I do lose my sanctification

- The best one I have is a doctor of internal medicine. He is

sooo smart! He was one of 3 docs who worked at the Capitol Building

in Washington, DC helping legislators with stress-related health

problems, so he understands my problems with stress. He is a blessing

from God, and someone I would have never found on my own (25 miles

from where I live). How I met him was 3 years ago when a friend from

church took me to see him because I was totally " wasted " from my

battle with mold at my workplace and also the death of my dear dad. I

was unable to stop crying and could barely function. She was an angel

of mercy! She told me this doc had helped her with the same thing -

nervous exhaustion - she was a wreck from family problems. He has

been soooo helpful. He is now trying to fix my 40 year long sleep