RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Dominie's Survey Re: Alcohol?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been reading the comments. For a while now, and what is coming out to me is that everyone is grasping at straws as to why they have FMS or CFS. I can tolerate a drink here and there, no problem. I may have 2 or 3 drinks a year. Many have mentioned the flushing, that is a normal effect of alcohol. What you are all doing is lumping everything with your health under FMS and CFS. This is wrong to do this. Many Dr will do this also. I almost lost my eye sight to this fact. I had another condition separate from FMS, my complaints of pain were just written down as FMS pain. Finally went to a rhuemy, who diagnosed me correctly. Sandie -- Re: Dominie's Survey Re: Alcohol? I recall that in my pre-CFS days I only had to drink 1 - 2 glasses of alcohol...and I'd feel like I was sliding under the table. Always had a high interolance to it. Alcohol makes me feel, ill. I can't help feeling - intuitively - that the 'alcohol' issue may tie in with Dominie's current Survey. If the majority of members, here, have the same intolerance - it has to "mean" something. Some kind of precursor, or predisposition, perhaps? About 8-years ago, I bought the book: "The Cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Light at the End of the Tunnel"...by Eather...a Christian writer. On page 20......."people with CFS are generally very intolerant to alcohol. Dr Shepherd, in his book Living with M.E. even gives the opinion that if alcohol intolerance is not present then Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is unlikely. This alcohol intolerance and the similarity with symptoms of an aldehyde reaction just screams, "dig a bit deeper." The book contains a lot of information about acetaldehyde reactions etc.

If you feel this is worth following up - regarding Dominie's Survey - please share your thoughts, and comments. Thanks everyone. Carlene

's Doodles

Sandie, I am finding more and more that when I go to a doctor with a complaint, it is almost immediately swept under the fibromyalgia rug. I had intense pain before breaking out with shingles, but the doctor told me it was only the fibro. Three days later come the blisters. When I go to a new doctor for something, I almost don't want to tell him or her that I have FM.

Pam

Re: Dominie's Survey Re: Alcohol?

I recall that in my pre-CFS days I only had to drink 1 - 2 glasses of alcohol...and I'd feel like I was sliding under the table. Always had a high interolance to it. Alcohol makes me feel, ill. I can't help feeling - intuitively - that the 'alcohol' issue may tie in with Dominie's current Survey. If the majority of members, here, have the same intolerance - it has to "mean" something. Some kind of precursor, or predisposition, perhaps?

About 8-years ago, I bought the book: "The Cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Light at the End of the Tunnel"...by Eather...a Christian writer. On page 20......."people with CFS are generally very intolerant to alcohol. Dr Shepherd, in his book Living with M.E. even gives the opinion that if alcohol intolerance is not present then Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is unlikely. This alcohol intolerance and the similarity with symptoms of an aldehyde reaction just screams, "dig a bit deeper." The book contains a lot of information about acetaldehyde reactions etc.

If you feel this is worth following up - regarding Dominie's Survey - please share your thoughts, and comments. Thanks everyone. Carlene

's Doodles

I went to my physiatrist one time complaining of severe sacral pain. I had, had back surgery the year before, I begged him for a trigger point injection, which after examing me he gave me. That was on a Friday. On Sunday I woke with an itch on my hip, I started scratching and then realized that I had blisters. I had to call my agency to get a replacement nurse for me on my private duty peds case. I went to my PCP first thing on Monday morning and lo and behold he diagnosed with shingles. He put me on steroids, antiviral and pain meds. I took a Luke warm oatmeal bath a couple days later, and was back at work the next Monday. My PCP told me the fact that I got the trigger point injection when I did, helped to make my case a mild one. Until you break out, shingles is hard to diagnose. My Daddy had the very rare type where you don't break out. He broke out finally after 2 weeks. Sandie -- Re: Re: Dominie's Survey Re: Alcohol? Sandie, I am finding more and more that when I go to a doctor with a complaint, it is almost immediately swept under the fibromyalgia rug. I had intense pain before breaking out with shingles, but the doctor told me it was only the fibro. Three days later come the blisters. When I go to a new doctor for something, I almost don't want to tell him or her that I have FM. Pam Re: Dominie's Survey Re: Alcohol? I recall that in my pre-CFS days I only had to drink 1 - 2 glasses of alcohol...and I'd feel like I was sliding under the table. Always had a high interolance to it. Alcohol makes me feel, ill. I can't help feeling - intuitively - that the 'alcohol' issue may tie in with Dominie's current Survey. If the majority of members, here, have the same intolerance - it has to "mean" something. Some kind of precursor, or predisposition, perhaps? About 8-years ago, I bought the book: "The Cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Light at the End of the Tunnel"...by Eather...a Christian writer. On page 20......."people with CFS are generally very intolerant to alcohol. Dr Shepherd, in his book Living with M.E. even gives the opinion that if alcohol intolerance is not present then Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is unlikely. This alcohol intolerance and the similarity with symptoms of an aldehyde reaction just screams, "dig a bit deeper." The book contains a lot of information about acetaldehyde reactions etc.

's Doodles

's Doodles

Wow, I used to be able to go to sleep after 1 glass of beer or wine,

even if I over indulged never go hangover. I always thought it was

because I am ACOA but maybe there is a link as my brother has no

problem with alcohol. Now I am not supposed to drink because of the

drugs. I tried two sips of wine on Thanksgiving and had GERD,

headache and stomach/digestive problems for the next 2 days.

On 11/26/08, carlene.grimshaw <carlene.grimshaw@...> wrote:

>

> I recall that in my pre-CFS days I only had to drink 1 - 2 glasses of

> alcohol...and I'd feel like I was sliding under the table. Always had a

> high interolance to it. Alcohol makes me feel, ill. I can't help

> feeling - intuitively - that the 'alcohol' issue may tie in with

> Dominie's current Survey. If the majority of members, here, have the

> same intolerance - it has to " mean " something. Some kind of precursor,

> or predisposition, perhaps?

>

> About 8-years ago, I bought the book: " The Cause of Chronic Fatigue

> Syndrome: Light at the End of the Tunnel " ...by Eather...a

> Christian writer. On page 20....... " people with CFS are generally very

> intolerant to alcohol. Dr Shepherd, in his book Living with M.E.

> even gives the opinion that if alcohol intolerance is not present then

> Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is unlikely. This alcohol intolerance and the

> similarity with symptoms of an aldehyde reaction just screams, " dig a

> bit deeper. " The book contains a lot of information about acetaldehyde

> reactions etc.

>

> If you feel this is worth following up - regarding Dominie's Survey -

> please share your thoughts, and comments. Thanks everyone. Carlene

>

>

--

Remember: A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes