RemedySpot.com

Re: Cymbalta & FMS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The docs put me on Cymbalta and it didn't do a thing. They took me off that and put me on Lyrica, which was awful made me sick and very zombie like...couldn't tolerate it. Every doc I see asks me if I've tried Cymbalta or Lyrica. I haven't had one doc not ask me and I've seen sooo sooo many docs. It seems they're all text book docs. Hugs H

From: P J <ps1968pm@...>Subject: Cymbalta & FMSdominie Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 12:23 AM

Hi All! I have taken Cymbalta for years now,for anxiety,but it has never helped my Fibromyalgia. Does it help anyone here with they're Fibromyalgia pain? Take care,Pam.S

MANY Unique Fibromyalgia Items!

Please check Out My Store At= http://www.zazzle. com/pammys*

New Items Created Daily! Great Sales,ALL the Time! Thanks!!! Pam

It doesn't help my fibro but was given to me for peripheral neuropathy. It does help that I also take Lyrica and it helps the neuropathy too but not the fibro so much. I haven't found any meds that helps the fibro. I do use a cream called Alcis that does help with the fibro. You can find more info on www.alcis.com .Darlene From: P J <ps1968pm@...>Subject: Cymbalta & FMSdominie Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 11:23 PM

Hi All! I have taken Cymbalta for years now,for anxiety,but it has never helped my Fibromyalgia. Does it help anyone here with they're Fibromyalgia pain? Take care,Pam.S

MANY Unique Fibromyalgia Items!

Please check Out My Store At= http://www.zazzle. com/pammys*

New Items Created Daily! Great Sales,ALL the Time! Thanks!!! Pam

I was on Effexor for 12+ years and was at one time taking Lyrica.

Lyrica also made me " zombie=like " , nearly falling asleep numerous

times while driving. After getting that out of my system, my rheumy

told me I may ought to try Cymbalta. So, I came off the Effexor and

began the Cymbalta. I can actually tell a difference in the mornings

when I wake up as far as not aching as much, not as stiff. I'm going

to keep trying this. At least with Cymbalta (for me) it decreased at

least one pill I was taking daily and helping two things at once. I

hope it helps others as well.

Thanks

in TN

>

> From: P J <ps1968pm@...>

> Subject: Cymbalta & FMS

> dominie

> Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 12:23 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi All! I have taken Cymbalta for years now,for anxiety,but it has

never helped my Fibromyalgia. Does it help anyone here with they're

Fibromyalgia pain? Take care,Pam.S

>  

>  

> MANY Unique Fibromyalgia Items!

> Please check Out My Store At= http://www.zazzle. com/pammys* 

> New Items Created Daily! Great Sales,ALL the Time! Thanks!!! Pam

>

You're sure correct about the doctors ! It's the same skipping record over and over! I have seen MANY doctors as well, and I'm sooooo tired of being asked the same questions over and over! Don't they have a chart about us? haha! We both had the same effects with the Cymbalta & Lyrica. I suppose the Cymbalta helps some of my anxiety, but absolutely does not help any pain what so ever. The Lyrica, I honestly thought I was going to die! And I'm not kidding at all! I never did make it to the dose my doctor wanted me to, I felt that I was going to go into a coma! My feet felt funny,I think maybe they were beginning swell? My vision got very bad & still has NOT come back 100%,and I tried the Lyrica at the beginning of this year! So be very careful ladies of that side effect. Take care All!

Pam.S

MANY Unique Fibromyalgia Awareness Items!

Check Out My Store At= http://www.zazzle.com/pammys*

Many New Items Created Daily & Great Sales! Thanks!!! Pam

The Lyrica was horrible and the Neurologist who prescribed it to me belittled my side effects and told me that I was at the minimum dose and others take 4 and 5 times the amount that I was taking. I told im I cannot tolerate it and described the side effects and he still told me to continue the Lyrica and not only was I to continue the Lyrica but he wanted me to increase the dose and told me I'd get used to it. Needless to say that was in March of this year and also the last time I saw that Neuro. I have absolutely no faith in any of my docs except my PCP, but he really doesn't do anything for me for all my problems.

Some people are lucky enough to tolerate the meds but I've tried many many meds and can't tolerate most meds. Hugs H

From: P J <ps1968pm@...>Subject: Re: Cymbalta & FMSdominie Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 10:31 PM

You're sure correct about the doctors ! It's the same skipping record over and over! I have seen MANY doctors as well, and I'm sooooo tired of being asked the same questions over and over! Don't they have a chart about us? haha! We both had the same effects with the Cymbalta & Lyrica. I suppose the Cymbalta helps some of my anxiety, but absolutely does not help any pain what so ever. The Lyrica, I honestly thought I was going to die! And I'm not kidding at all! I never did make it to the dose my doctor wanted me to, I felt that I was going to go into a coma! My feet felt funny,I think maybe they were beginning swell? My vision got very bad & still has NOT come back 100%,and I tried the Lyrica at the beginning of this year! So be very careful ladies of that side effect. Take care All! Pam.S

MANY Unique Fibromyalgia Awareness Items!

Check Out My Store At= http://www.zazzle. com/pammys*

Many New Items Created Daily & Great Sales! Thanks!!! Pam