RemedySpot.com

Re: Cymbalta and other meds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't think anyone would blame you for questioning your doctor Jennie,haha,at least not here. I think we all or most of us,by now,have one reason or the other to not completely believe them anymore,even if we really do like them. I think it's their knowledge of our illness or lack of it,that started our doubts. But,just to let you know, I also that Cymbalta and Klonopin,and have for a long time,and I've had no problems. What was it that you read or was told about mixing the two? I would be interested to know haha! I'm not and wont be afraid to hear about it,just wondering about the info. Thanks so much! Take Care All! Pam.S

MANY Fibromyalgia Awareness Items!

Check Out My Store at= http://www.zazzle.com/pammys*

New Items Created Daily & Fabulous Sales! Thanks! Pam

Jennie, hopefully you get all your prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy. I know I get mine filled at Walgreen's and at the VA pharmacy, but both are aware of all that I take, and if the Dr prescribes something that would have a reaction, the pharmacist talks to me about any reaction that could be possible. If you are concerned, go to the pharmacy, and ask the pharmacist. They are the MOSt reliable source to ask this type of question. Most of the meds that I am on do have the potential for some sort or interaction, but I have never had any problem with any of them. Sandie -- Cymbalta and other meds I read somewhere that you're not suppose to take Cymbalta with klonopin or xanax,,and I"m also worried about taking Desyrel with

Cymbalta as well. I"ve been on desyrel for yearssss. It has always

helped me to sleep,,, a deep sleep that we so much need.

However, I was put on Cymbalata to help with the pain,,and I did

notice a difference when I first started taking it,,but now I don't

know if I just got used to it or its not working like it was. How

easy I forget,,and even with taking oxycontin only in the mornings,,

I still ache,,,some days more than other.

But if anyone can help me with the mixing

Cymbalta,Desyrel,Klonopin,,, I would ever so grateful...I"m worrying

myself sick over this,, and the dr, says always says its ok.. Yah

right!

Don't get me wrong,, I do like my dr. a lot,,, but sometimes I just

don't trust him.

Thankyou in advance,, and I do hope yous are all having a low pain

day.

God Bless, Jennie

------------------------------------

Absolutely agree, get your RX's at one pharmacy...I to get mine at Walgreens and only a few weeks ago had the pharmacist tell me not to take a new med with one I was currently taking. Had I not used one pharmacy I would never had known this and something could possibly have happened. Hugs H

From: memommy1947 <MEMOMMY1947@...>Subject: Re: Cymbalta and other medsdominie Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 3:59 AM

Jennie, hopefully you get all your prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy. I know I get mine filled at Walgreen's and at the VA pharmacy, but both are aware of all that I take, and if the Dr prescribes something that would have a reaction, the pharmacist talks to me about any reaction that could be possible.

If you are concerned, go to the pharmacy, and ask the pharmacist. They are the MOSt reliable source to ask this type of question.

Most of the meds that I am on do have the potential for some sort or interaction, but I have never had any problem with any of them.

Sandie

-- Cymbalta and other meds

I read somewhere that you're not suppose to take Cymbalta with

klonopin or xanax,,and I"m also worried about taking Desyrel with

Cymbalta,Desyrel, Klonopin, ,, I would ever so grateful...I" m worrying

right!

don't trust him.

day.

God Bless, Jennie

------------ --------- --------- ------

Jennie: Try asking your pharmacist. I wouldn't necessarily tell him the meds were prescribed together already since he won't want to contradict your doc.

S.

Cymbalta and other meds

right!

don't trust him.

day.

God Bless, Jennie

Trim your tree and your spending! Get the AOL Holiday Shopping Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

This info is from WebMD; I made it a little easier to read by creating lists of the no-no drugs.

Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription/herbal products you may use, especially of: drugs removed from your body by certain liver enzymes; e.g.:

cimetidineantipsychotics such as perphenazine antiarrhythmics such as propafenone/flecainide/quinidine certain quinolone antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin antidepressants such as desipramine/fluoxetine/imipramine/paroxetine)drugs to treat high blood pressure (e.g., clonidine, guanethidine)"water pills" (diuretics such as furosemide)drugs that can cause bleeding/bruising (e.g., aspirin, antiplatelet drugs such as clopidogrel, NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, "blood thinners" such as heparin/warfarin).

Aspirin can increase the risk of bleeding when used with this medication (see above). If your doctor has directed you to take low-dose aspirin for heart attack or stroke prevention (usually at dosages of 81-325 milligrams a day), you should continue taking it unless your doctor instructs you otherwise. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. Also tell your doctor if you take any other drugs that increase serotonin, such as:

buspironedextromethorphanlithiummeperidinepropoxyphenephentermineSSRIsother SNRIstryptophanSt. 's wortdrugs used to treat migraines such as "triptans" and dihydroergotaminestreet drugs such as MDMA/"ecstasy," amphetamine. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you also take drugs that cause drowsiness, such as:

certain antihistamines (e.g., diphenhydramine)anti-seizure drugs (e.g., carbamazepine)medicine for sleep or anxiety (e.g., lorazepam, zolpidem)muscle relaxantsnarcotic pain relievers (e.g., codeine)psychiatric medicines (e.g., chlorpromazine, quetiapine, nortriptyline, trazodone).

Check the labels on all your medicines (e.g., cough-and-cold products) because they may contain ingredients that cause drowsiness. Dextromethorphan is a commonly used cough medication and may interact with duloxetine. Ask your pharmacist about using those products safely. Cimetidine is a nonprescription drug that is commonly used to treat extra stomach acid. Because it may cause undesirable interactions when used with duloxetine, ask your pharmacist about other products to treat stomach acid.

I almost didn't post this because it's scary. I take probably near to half the types of drugs on this list.

Pam

Cymbalta and other meds

I read somewhere that you're not suppose to take Cymbalta with klonopin or xanax,,and I"m also worried about taking Desyrel with Cymbalta as well. I"ve been on desyrel for yearssss. It has always helped me to sleep,,, a deep sleep that we so much need.However, I was put on Cymbalata to help with the pain,,and I did notice a difference when I first started taking it,,but now I don't know if I just got used to it or its not working like it was. How easy I forget,,and even with taking oxycontin only in the mornings,, I still ache,,,some days more than other.But if anyone can help me with the mixing Cymbalta,Desyrel,Klonopin,,, I would ever so grateful...I"m worrying myself sick over this,, and the dr, says always says its ok.. Yah right!Don't get me wrong,, I do like my dr. a lot,,, but sometimes I just don't trust him.Thankyou in advance,, and I do hope yous are all having a low pain day.God Bless, Jennie

Trim your tree and your spending! Get the AOL Holiday Shopping Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

I agree it is better to get your meds from one pharmacy....however the question of interactions can be discussed with ANY trusted pharmacist. Some of them just rely on computer programs and don't know you from the neighborhood dog. Large chain pharmacies make their money from filling thousands of prescriptions in a week. The idea is to find a pharmacist that you can TRUST to tell you about interactions and contraindications. Many of them won't contradict a doctors orders, so someone you have a relationship with is very important.

S.

Cymbalta and other meds

right!

don't trust him.

day.

God Bless, Jennie

I think the important thing to remember is that all drugs have side effects, actions and interactions. Many of them can cause permanent damage and death. However, most of us feel we need some of these from time to time as our symptoms make the risks tolerable. The idea is to be informed as much as possible. READ THE INSERTS that come with your meds. Don't expect your docs or pharmacists are going to do it all for you. They are busy and are sometimes careless. We all know how often we have to be our own medical providers by learning as much as we can.

S.

Re: Cymbalta and other meds

This info is from WebMD; I made it a little easier to read by creating lists of the no-no drugs.

Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription/herbal products you may use, especially of: drugs removed from your body by certain liver enzymes; e.g.: cimetidine

antipsychotics such as perphenazine

antiarrhythmics such as propafenone/flecainide/quinidine

certain quinolone antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin

antidepressants such as desipramine/fluoxetine/imipramine/paroxetine)

drugs to treat high blood pressure (e.g., clonidine, guanethidine)

"water pills" (diuretics such as furosemide)

drugs that can cause bleeding/bruising (e.g., aspirin, antiplatelet drugs such as clopidogrel, NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, "blood thinners" such as heparin/warfarin).

Aspirin can increase the risk of bleeding when used with this medication (see above). If your doctor has directed you to take low-dose aspirin for heart attack or stroke prevention (usually at dosages of 81-325 milligrams a day), you should continue taking it unless your doctor instructs you otherwise. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. Also tell your doctor if you take any other drugs that increase serotonin, such as: buspirone

dextromethorphan

lithium

meperidine

propoxyphene

phentermine

SSRIs

other SNRIs

tryptophan

St. 's wort

drugs used to treat migraines such as "triptans" and dihydroergotamine

street drugs such as MDMA/"ecstasy," amphetamine. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you also take drugs that cause drowsiness, such as:

certain antihistamines (e.g., diphenhydramine)

anti-seizure drugs (e.g., carbamazepine)

medicine for sleep or anxiety (e.g., lorazepam, zolpidem)

muscle relaxants

narcotic pain relievers (e.g., codeine)

psychiatric medicines (e.g., chlorpromazine, quetiapine, nortriptyline, trazodone).

Check the labels on all your medicines (e.g., cough-and-cold products) because they may contain ingredients that cause drowsiness. Dextromethorphan is a commonly used cough medication and may interact with duloxetine. Ask your pharmacist about using those products safely. Cimetidine is a nonprescription drug that is commonly used to treat extra stomach acid. Because it may cause undesirable interactions when used with duloxetine, ask your pharmacist about other products to treat stomach acid.

I almost didn't post this because it's scary. I take probably near to half the types of drugs on this list.

Pam

Cymbalta and other meds

right!

don't trust him.

day.

God Bless, Jennie

To add to this, it was Nell's psychiatrist that told me that about two drugs I am taking not my doctor's.One: Ambian CR has a high rate of people "sleep walking". Like driving their cars,eating and doing all kinds of odd things while still being in level three sleep. In fact Nell's doctor won't take it himsef because the incident is so high. And the great thing is you never know you were driving the care naked around the neighborhood at two a.m..............No one told me that little item.Two: This came from Nell's doctor that did her neurophych and also from her psychiatrist. Topomax, which Nell and I are both on { I am on 100 mg} cause memory problems and recall problems. It is called the dumb drug. No one told us that. Especially with my Fibro Fog issues think someone

would have told me that. That is why I took myself of Gabapentin { it does the same thing}.Amazing.It is so frustrating.Sue

Subject: Re: Cymbalta and other meds

dominie

Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 3:59 AM

Jennie, hopefully you get all your prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy. I know I get mine filled at Walgreen's and at the VA pharmacy, but both are aware of all that I take, and if the Dr prescribes something that would have a reaction, the pharmacist talks to me about any reaction that could be possible.

If you are concerned, go to the pharmacy, and ask the pharmacist. They are the MOSt reliable source to ask this type of question.

Most of the meds that I am on do have the potential for some sort or interaction, but I have never had any problem with any of them.

Sandie

-- Cymbalta and other meds

right!

don't trust him.

day.

God Bless, Jennie

The same holds true for herbs and natural supplements and vitamins and minerals. I hear so many say they are going to try such and such because it doesn't have side effects, they all do of some sort. Too much of a vitamin or mineral, can cause all sorts of damage and side effects, many of our modern drugs are derived from herbal preparations and plants. A good example is Black Cohash, if taking it for menopausal symptoms, it can cause an adverse reaction with anesthetics, melatonin, should not be taken if you have asthma, digitalis, a med to strenghthen the heart beat, comes from a foxglove plant etc etc. Sandie Sandie -- Re: Cymbalta and other meds This info is from WebMD; I made it a little easier to read by creating lists of the no-no drugs. Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription/herbal products you may use, especially of: drugs removed from your body by certain liver enzymes; e.g.: cimetidineantipsychotics such as perphenazineantiarrhythmics such as propafenone/flecainide/quinidinecertain quinolone antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin antidepressants such as desipramine/fluoxetine/imipramine/paroxetine)drugs to treat high blood pressure (e.g., clonidine, guanethidine)"water pills" (diuretics such as furosemide)drugs that can cause bleeding/bruising (e.g., aspirin, antiplatelet drugs such as clopidogrel, NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, "blood thinners" such as heparin/warfarin). Aspirin can increase the risk of bleeding when used with this medication (see above). If your doctor has directed you to take low-dose aspirin for heart attack or stroke prevention (usually at dosages of 81-325 milligrams a day), you should continue taking it unless your doctor instructs you otherwise. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. Also tell your doctor if you take any other drugs that increase serotonin, such as: buspironedextromethorphanlithiummeperidinepropoxyphenephentermineSSRIsother SNRIstryptophanSt. 's wortdrugs used to treat migraines such as "triptans" and dihydroergotaminestreet drugs such as MDMA/"ecstasy," amphetamine. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you also take drugs that cause drowsiness, such as:

certain antihistamines (e.g., diphenhydramine)anti-seizure drugs (e.g., carbamazepine)medicine for sleep or anxiety (e.g., lorazepam, zolpidem)muscle relaxantsnarcotic pain relievers (e.g., codeine)psychiatric medicines (e.g., chlorpromazine, quetiapine, nortriptyline, trazodone).

Pam

Cymbalta and other meds

I read somewhere that you're not suppose to take Cymbalta with klonopin or xanax,,and I"m also worried about taking Desyrel with Cymbalta as well. I"ve been on desyrel for yearssss. It has always helped me to sleep,,, a deep sleep that we so much need.However, I was put on Cymbalata to help with the pain,,and I did notice a difference when I first started taking it,,but now I don't know if I just got used to it or its not working like it was. How easy I forget,,and even with taking oxycontin only in the mornings,, I still ache,,,some days more than other.But if anyone can help me with the mixing Cymbalta,Desyrel,Klonopin,,, I would ever so grateful...I"m worrying myself sick over this,, and the dr, says always says its ok.. Yah right!Don't get me wrong,, I do like my dr. a lot,,, but sometimes I just don't trust him.Thankyou in advance,, and I do hope yous are all having a low pain day.God Bless, Jennie

Created by Sandie

Dec 2008