RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Sex & FMS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You've got the right attitude, Stacie. It's making me rethink everything. Thanks.

Pam

Re: Sex & FMS

I have had low sex drive too, but I figure I am going to hurt anyway so why not make his day. I do benefit from it because he is always caring and generous afterwards. I get plenty of back rubs and he is concious enough to do whatever it takes to distract me from the pain so I can give. It is a struggle because of the pain, but why should I make him suffer too.

Stacie

Jennie, I'm always constipated. Between taking magnesium and a stool softener called Senakot, I've been doing a little better. You sound like you have some really severe problems, but you could give this stuff a try. I doubt that it would hurt.

Pam

>Hi, I"m a faithful reader in the group, but rarely post.I don't seem to suffer as a lot of you do,,,but then with taking oxycontin every morning,,I think it masks a lot of my problems.I also don't have any sex drive whatsoever,,but I do blame that on all the meds I take.. including anti-depressants.I just had an operation (appendectomy),, that was gangreous. So, I"m really thinking of asking the dr. about trying to get off some of my pills. It scared the living daylight outta me when I realized how bad my appendix got before I went to the hospital by ambulance,,,as to how bad I was without knowing it.Makes me wonder what else could be masked by taking oxycontin. Not only that,, I"m always so constipated,,and now even worse since the surgery. Is anyone else always constipated? The dr has got me on Lactulose syrup and I"ve been on it for 3 days now and still can't go. I"m in so much pain from not going. Mind you, I"ve always problems that way,,,years ago I had a barium enema, and it showed that I had an obstruction,,but nothing was ever done about it,, even though I always bring it up to the dr., but he just doesn't listen to me. I can go to extremes both ways,,, not going for so long,, and suddenly get diahrrea for days on end, till I have to go to the hospital, and put on liquids cuase I"m so dehydrated,, they give me a shot of morphine to stop the darheaa,, then send me home without any further investigation.. It's been like this for yearssssss.Why they won't help me, is beyond me...they treat me like a junkie.If I was to type everything about my problems here all at once I"m sure it would end up being a book...lol.Oh, darn, I got carried away,,,but to tell you the truth,, I could do without sex for the rest of my life,,so I think I"d better do something about the meds I"m on soon,,or go to counselling too.God bless,,,,, Jennie> Hi Darlene, Me & My Husband are actually going to counseling right for this problem. Well, most of the problem. I have no sex drive at all. It doesn't matter how much pain I'm in,I just don't have it. My doctor says It's from the anti-depressants, but I don't know about that? I kind of think it may have more to do with some factor of Fibromyalgia? Take Care All! Pam.S> > > Great & Unique Fibromyalgia Awareness Items!> Check out my store at= http://www.zazzle.com/pammys* > Lets Spread Awareness Together! New items Created Daily & Many > Great Sales! Thanks so much!! Pam> > > > > ________________________________>

I too am very constipated and yes it's very very painful and when I am finally able to go I bleed very badly. I've tried things and nothing works. I thought they were going to have to call rescue last week when I finally got out of the house and went to Walmart. The pain was so bad that I had to go to the bathroom but nothing would happen, but it was right there. I couldn't even walk and my son was with me. Told him I could walk or sit and went back in and I could feel my face flushed. I put fiber in all my foods and nothing. I'm lucky if I go every two weeks, and when I do it's very very painful, so I trully feel for you all. Hugs H

From: Pam Horne <pmarshall@...>Subject: Re: Re: Sex & FMSdominie Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:20 PM

Jennie, I'm always constipated. Between taking magnesium and a stool softener called Senakot, I've been doing a little better. You sound like you have some really severe problems, but you could give this stuff a try. I doubt that it would hurt.

Pam

>Hi, I"m a faithful reader in the group, but rarely post.I don't seem to suffer as a lot of you do,,,but then with taking oxycontin every morning,,I think it masks a lot of my problems.I also don't have any sex drive whatsoever,, but I do blame that on all the meds I take.. including anti-depressants.I just had an operation (appendectomy) ,, that was gangreous. So, I"m really thinking of asking the dr. about trying to get off some of my pills. It scared the living daylight outta me when I realized how bad my appendix got before I went to the hospital by ambulance,,, as to how bad I was without knowing it.Makes me wonder what else could be masked by taking oxycontin. Not only that,, I"m always so constipated, ,and now even worse since the surgery. Is anyone else

always constipated? The dr has got me on Lactulose syrup and I"ve been on it for 3 days now and still can't go. I"m in so much pain from not going. Mind you, I"ve always problems that way,,,years ago I had a barium enema, and it showed that I had an obstruction, ,but nothing was ever done about it,, even though I always bring it up to the dr., but he just doesn't listen to me. I can go to extremes both ways,,, not going for so long,, and suddenly get diahrrea for days on end, till I have to go to the hospital, and put on liquids cuase I"m so dehydrated,, they give me a shot of morphine to stop the darheaa,, then send me home without any further investigation. . It's been like this for yearssssss.Why they won't help me, is beyond me...they treat me like a junkie.If I was to type everything about my problems here all at once I"m sure it would end up being a book...lol.Oh, darn, I got carried

away,,,but to tell you the truth,, I could do without sex for the rest of my life,,so I think I"d better do something about the meds I"m on soon,,or go to counselling too.God bless,,,,, Jennie> Hi Darlene, Me & My Husband are actually going to counseling right for this problem. Well, most of the problem. I have no sex drive at all. It doesn't matter how much pain I'm in,I just don't have it. My doctor says It's from the anti-depressants, but I don't know about that? I kind of think it may have more to do with some factor of Fibromyalgia? Take Care All! Pam.S> > > Great & Unique Fibromyalgia Awareness Items!> Check out my store at= http://www.zazzle. com/pammys* > Lets Spread Awareness Together! New items Created Daily & Many > Great Sales! Thanks so much!! Pam> > >

> > ____________ _________ _________ __>

Jennie, a lot of people have the problem of appendix rupturing and no other symptoms before hand. Most likely the oxycontin is causing your constipation. This is a side effect of pain medication. My heart medication causes me to have constiopation and I am on Kristolose which is a powdered form of lactulose syrup. It can take several days before you notice effects. I also take colace 3 times a day with 2 pericolace every other day. My peristalsis has been slowed by my medication. If you are very uncomfortable, use a glycerin suppository or a fleet enema for immediate relief. The lactulose should be take daily as ordered, not just when you are having a problem. Prune juice, apple sauce, apples and stewed prunes are also good to take. Warm prune juice with 1 to 2 tablespoons of MOM is also a good mix to try. Sandie -- Re: Sex & FMS >Hi, I"m a faithful reader in the group, but rarely post.

I don't seem to suffer as a lot of you do,,,but then with taking

oxycontin every morning,,I think it masks a lot of my problems.

I also don't have any sex drive whatsoever,,but I do blame that on

all the meds I take.. including anti-depressants.

I just had an operation (appendectomy),, that was gangreous. So, I"m

really thinking of asking the dr. about trying to get off some of my

pills. It scared the living daylight outta me when I realized how bad

my appendix got before I went to the hospital by ambulance,,,as to

how bad I was without knowing it.Makes me wonder what else could be

masked by taking oxycontin. Not only that,, I"m always so

constipated,,and now even worse since the surgery. Is anyone else

always constipated? The dr has got me on Lactulose syrup and I"ve

been on it for 3 days now and still can't go. I"m in so much pain

from not going. Mind you, I"ve always problems that way,,,years ago I

had a barium enema, and it showed that I had an obstruction,,but

nothing was ever done about it,, even though I always bring it up to

the dr., but he just doesn't listen to me. I can go to extremes both

ways,,, not going for so long,, and suddenly get diahrrea for days on

end, till I have to go to the hospital, and put on liquids cuase I"m

so dehydrated,, they give me a shot of morphine to stop the darheaa,,

then send me home without any further investigation.. It's been like

this for yearssssss.Why they won't help me, is beyond me...they treat

me like a junkie.

If I was to type everything about my problems here all at once I"m

sure it would end up being a book...lol.

Oh, darn, I got carried away,,,but to tell you the truth,, I could do

without sex for the rest of my life,,so I think I"d better do

something about the meds I"m on soon,,or go to counselling too.

God bless,,,,, Jennie

> Hi Darlene, Me & My Husband are actually going to counseling right

for this problem. Well, most of the problem. I have no sex drive at

all. It doesn't matter how much pain I'm in,I just don't have it. My

doctor says It's from the anti-depressants, but I don't know about

that? I kind of think it may have more to do with some factor of

Fibromyalgia? Take Care All! Pam.S

>

>

> Great & Unique Fibromyalgia Awareness Items!

> Check out my store at= http://www.zazzle.com/pammys*

> Lets Spread Awareness Together! New items Created Daily & Many

> Great Sales! Thanks so much!! Pam

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

------------------------------------