RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Latest Brainpower News - Watch Out For Medications

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been on Aciphex for 6 years now. There is absolutely no way I will go off of it. The pain from the reflux is not worth it. Many will tell you to take peppermint but it is not good for many of the acid problems. It is ok for those that don't have GERD, or hiatial hernia, but is very detrimental if you do. I have been hospitalized 3 times with the chest pain from reflux, to rule out cardiac problems, so it is not worth it to me. You have to remember just because someone writes about something on line, does not make it true. I could write up a bogus article, and publish it on line and you wouldn't believe the number of gullible people that would believe it and take it for the truth. So be careful and don't believe everything that you read, it will just drive absolutely nuts. Sandie -- Re: Latest Brainpower News - "Watch Out For Medications"dominie Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 11:04 PM Hi All...this is an excerpt from a newsletter I've been subscribing to for several months. Thought I'd include it because it may be useful information for many of us, here. Carlene Brainpower Newsletter From: "Steve Gillman" <stevegillman@ webhikerllc. com> Latest Brainpower News Watch Out For Medications The latest medications found to cause a mental decline are those that reduce stomach acid. A study published in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society followed those who took either prescription or over-the-counter acid blockers, such as Pepsid, Axid, Zantac or Tagamet, for more than two years. Users were more than twice as likely to suffer from cognitive difficulties, ranging from mild confusion to dementia. If you are a long-time user of these products, you may want to ask your doctor about alternatives. ************ ********* ********* ********* ******* http://www.increase brainpower. com/have- new-ideas. html ************ ********* ********* ********* ******* PurpleLady's PlayLand PurpleLady's PlayLand Tag Team PurpleLady's Playpen Recipies From The Heart Tutorial Fonts Used Chinacat Candy Time November 2007

Sandie, there is no way I'm going off of mine either. The pain is awful and yes it feels like I'm having a heart attack so I can understand why you've been to the hospital, and at least that's one pain I can control with meds, unlike the FM and all the other conditions that I have. Hugs H

From: memommy1947 <MEMOMMY1947@...>Subject: Re: Re: Latest Brainpower News - "Watch Out For Medications"dominie Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 2:46 AM

I have been on Aciphex for 6 years now. There is absolutely no way I will go off of it. The pain from the reflux is not worth it.

Many will tell you to take peppermint but it is not good for many of the acid problems. It is ok for those that don't have GERD, or hiatial hernia, but is very detrimental if you do. I have been hospitalized 3 times with the chest pain from reflux, to rule out cardiac problems, so it is not worth it to me.

You have to remember just because someone writes about something on line, does not make it true. I could write up a bogus article, and publish it on line and you wouldn't believe the number of gullible people that would believe it and take it for the truth. So be careful and don't believe everything that you read, it will just drive absolutely nuts.

Sandie

-- Re: Latest Brainpower News - "Watch Out For Medications"dominie@groups .comDate: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 11:04 PM

Hi All...this is an excerpt from a newsletter I've been subscribing to for several months. Thought I'd include it because it may be useful information for many of us, here. Carlene

Brainpower Newsletter

"Steve Gillman" <stevegillman@ webhikerllc. com>

Latest Brainpower News

Watch Out For Medications

The latest medications found to cause a mental decline are those that reduce stomach acid. A study published in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society followed those who took either prescription or over-the-counter acid blockers, such as Pepsid, Axid, Zantac or Tagamet, for more than two years. Users were more than twice as likely to suffer from cognitive difficulties, ranging from mild confusion to dementia. If you are a long-time user of these products, you may want to ask your doctor about alternatives.

http://www.increase brainpower. com/have- new-ideas. html

PurpleLady's PlayLand PurpleLady's PlayLand Tag Team

PurpleLady's Playpen

Recipies From The Heart Tutorial

Fonts Used

Chinacat

Candy Time

November 2007

Pam, I'm curious as to what your doctor will say. I don't have plans to see mine any time soon so if you could let me know what yours says, that'd be great. Thanks Hugs H

From: Pam Horne <pmarshall@...>Subject: Re: Re: Latest Brainpower News - "Watch Out For Medications"dominie Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:24 PM

, ME TOO! I don't know how I can get along at all without the Nexium. I'm seeing the doc on Wednesday and will ask him about this.

Pam

Re: Latest Brainpower News - "Watch Out For Medications"dominie@groups .comDate: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 11:04 PM

Hi All...this is an excerpt from a newsletter I've been subscribing to for several months. Thought I'd include it because it may be useful information for many of us, here. Carlene

Brainpower Newsletter

"Steve Gillman" <stevegillman@ webhikerllc. com>

Latest Brainpower News Watch Out For Medications The latest medications found to cause a mental decline are those that reduce stomach acid. A study published in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society followed those who took either prescription or over-the-counter acid blockers, such as Pepsid, Axid, Zantac or Tagamet, for more than two years. Users were more than twice as likely to suffer from cognitive difficulties, ranging from mild confusion to dementia. If you are a long-time user of these products, you may want to ask your doctor about alternatives. ************ ********* ********* ********* ******* http://www.increase brainpower. com/have- new-ideas. html ************ ********* ********* ********* *******

I feel the same way as both of you. I take Nexium for a hiatel hernia and acid reflux. Without it I think I'm having a heart attack. I too was hospitalized once for it and I've been to the ER several other times. The pain is horrible. I was not happy to read about the supposed connection between these types of drugs and demention. I hope Sandie is correct that this is probably not true.

Pam

Re: Re: Latest Brainpower News - "Watch Out For Medications"dominie Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 2:46 AM

I have been on Aciphex for 6 years now. There is absolutely no way I will go off of it. The pain from the reflux is not worth it.

Sandie