RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Falls and medications

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, I agree with you. My falling has nothing to do with any meds I take, but comes with fatigue. I can be feeling energetic, and on top of the world, and then minutes later it is as if someone pulled a plug and all my energy drained downward. When that happens I usually head for home fast, because even driving becomes exhausting, and it is an effort to keep from falling asleep at the wheel. I can remember days where I had to sleep in the car in order to get some rest before driving, or had to stop off and sleep on a friend's couch.

I'm going to start keeping track of my blood pressure to see if that changes.

()

From: Hilyer <mountnsage@...>Subject: Re: Falls and medicationsdominie Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 6:21 AM

I too have observed that I fall much more than ever before. As someone else had noted, one of the first things to go was my balance. Mine seems to come in spells. I go through very uncoordinated periods that seem to coincide with the periods of extreme fatigue, when I trip and stumble a lot. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with meds for me, as the meds stay the same, but symptoms come and go. Also, because many of us tend to have low blood pressure, that can lead to falls as well. >> This is very interesting> with a bunch of us falling down. heidi>

I too have the energy drain thing. I was in Forever 21 with my daughter and all of a sudden I felt as if I was going to faint. I am in a terrible flare, still , but it has happened other times. It is like everything just drains out of you. I usually tell my husband " I have hit the wall". It does come on suddenly and then, yes ever driving is an effort.I still don't have the falling thing thought. What I do have now is a sense of hopelessness. This is the worst flare I have ever had. I have never been this sick or in this much pain and that is saying ALOT. I honestly feel if I did not have my wonderful husband and my sweet daughter that needs me so much I probably would not be hear now. My crazy abusive parents depend

on me and I can barely climb the stairs. I have a lovely new horse and I have not seen him all week. My husband is caring more for me than his own business...........How can a person feel so sick and not just die? Seems terrible to say after all Hiedi has been through. Sorry Hiedi, I have let my depression and despair get to me. Perhaps I am falling down after all,just in a different way.Sue my love,SueFrom: Palm <southernyankee7457@...>dominie Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 2:03:39 AMSubject: Re: Re: Falls and medications

, I agree with you. My falling has nothing to do with any meds I take, but comes with fatigue. I can be feeling energetic, and on top of the world, and then minutes later it is as if someone pulled a plug and all my energy drained downward. When that happens I usually head for home fast, because even driving becomes exhausting, and it is an effort to keep from falling asleep at the wheel. I can remember days where I had to sleep in the car in order to get some rest before driving, or had to stop off and sleep on a friend's couch.

I'm going to start keeping track of my blood pressure to see if that changes.

()

From: Hilyer <mountnsage (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Falls and medicationsdominie@groups .comDate: Friday, November 21, 2008, 6:21 AM

I too have observed that I fall much more than ever before. As someone else had noted, one of the first things to go was my balance. Mine seems to come in spells. I go through very uncoordinated periods that seem to coincide with the periods of extreme fatigue, when I trip and stumble a lot. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with meds for me, as the meds stay the same, but symptoms come and go. Also, because many of us tend to have low blood pressure, that can lead to falls as well. >> This is very interesting> with a bunch of us falling down. heidi>

I would rather have the tiredness anyday than the depression. I feel for you, because I have had just a "touch" of that these last couple of days, and it is due from worrying about my children (although they are 21, 22, 23 now). I have a son who has fathered a child, a very precious little girl whom I love dearly, but he and his girlfriend are not together and he is taking it hard. He just has no will to live without her, and he can't shake that off, and it has me worried. I have another grandbaby on the way and their situation is not much better, and my youngest just moved away from home.

Now that my husband and I have moved on base and I'm able to relax more, less housework, more exercise, more knitting (smile), I'm have more "good" days. It's just when my kids call and load on me that I start going downhill.

I'll take the pain over depression anyday!

I too am greatful for a husband that is understanding of what I'm going through. He was not always this way, and if not for the Lord changing his nature about 3 years ago, our marriage would not have made it through what I'm going through. Before I understood what Fibromyalgia is, I thought I had dementia. My memory was so bad I ruined his credit, my credit ... I paid some bills twice, and some not at all. I still have days where I have to triple check the bills to be sure I've paid them, or mailed them ... I wish that he would take over in that department, but at least he is not accusing me and making nasty comments anymore. The Lord really made a change in my husband. ")

By the way, it is 2:48 in the morning here .... I'm guessing we are in the same time-zone, so you are also having one of those "I can't sleep" nights?

()

From: Hilyer <mountnsage (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Falls and medicationsdominie@groups .comDate: Friday, November 21, 2008, 6:21 AM

Hi ! Boy,We have a lot in common! I don't feel my falling has to do with my meds. either. I can go from wanting to do everything under the moon to I'm soooo tired that I cab hardly keep my eyes open! It's a strange feeling and something,of course,many don't understand. You can tell someone,"Ya,Sure,I'll go up town will you and shop,I feel pretty good today!" to a hour later,You can hardly move! And to others,who don't understand,I feel from my experiences,they get mixed signals. And that is frustrating as well! My doctor put me on a med. called Provigil for this problem. I take 2-200mg tablets every morning & they have helped a great deal!! Take Care All! Pam.S

MANY Unique Fibromyalgia Awareness Items!

Please Check Out My Store At= http://www.zazzle.com/pammys*

Great Sales & New Items Created Daily! Don't See What You Want?

Just Ask Me & I'll Be Very Happy to Create It For You!! Thanks! Pam