RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Curious about Bacterial Infection?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Carlene, if you and him are doing good handwashing technigue and if he covering his mouth when he coughs, you may not necessarily catch it. Also the B vitamins are good for stress, thus that would help in strengthening your immune system somewhat. If you stay stressed you are more likely to catch infections. The walks also help in improving your immune system. Are you taking any Vit C? That would also help. Sandie -- Re: Curious about Bacterial Infection? A question for the nurses, and alternative practitioners etc. Over a month ago my hubby got quite sick. He had time off work which is unusual for him. The doctor said it wasn't the flu but a bacterial infection. He's been taking antibiotics, and still hasn't got rid of it. It's deep in his chest with coughing etc. I've had massive infections, lung infections etc., over the years with CFS. Many times hubby would pick up infections (on the job) and I'd get very ill. But he'd always be better in 24 - 48 hours. So, my question is this. Is a bacterial infection not necessarily contagious? Or could it mean that my immune system is suddenly getting stronger? The only changes I've made recently is improved diet. Lot's of Vitamin D daily for about 6 - 8 weeks - Vitamin B Complex, too. Some coconut oil on most days for several weeks. And paced walks about 3-days a week. I'm interested to know what you think! Thanks to you all Carlene ------------------------------------

I haven't heard of that before. I am taking a sublingual B supplement that is high in B12. My level was just low normal, Dr told me to try and get it up or I would have to start on the monthly shots. He did reinterate to me that B12 deficiency could cause some dementia or brain fog. Sublingual is the next best thing to injections. Will try and research about the DNA repair and see if I can find anything concrete on it. Sandie -- Re: Curious about Bacterial Infection? Sandie, it's good to know that it's not necessarily contagious. Regarding handwashing hubby laughs at me because my handwashing borders on OCD. LOL And as you say B vitamins, and walking strengthen the immune system. The supplements I mentioned in my post are on top of the ones I was already taking. Which is a good over 50's multi-vitamin, and Evening Primrose Oil. I started taking Milk Thistle , and a Probiotic a month ago, too. And Hawthorn tablets I started taking quite some time ago due to shocking palpitations. Which by the way works wonders for me! You've reminded me I've got a packet of Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate) powder I need to start on. Also, another question. I've been taking Vitamin B12 & Folic Acid together for awhile. Years ago I saw a medical documentary in Australia. The researchers said that a combination of Vitamin B12 & Folic Acid helps repair DNA damage in the body. I wonder if you (or anyone else, here) have knowledge of this. Thanks Sandie. Cheers Carlene > > Carlene, if you and him are doing good handwashing technigue and if he > covering his mouth when he coughs, you may not necessarily catch it. Also > the B vitamins are good for stress, thus that would help in strengthening > your immune system somewhat. If you stay stressed you are more likely to > catch infections. The walks also help in improving your immune system. Are > you taking any Vit C? That would also help. > > Sandie > ------------------------------------