RemedySpot.com

Re: Wonderful advice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Stacie,

An ice storm and we lose our phone and internet. We got it back briefly and lost it again. Today they got it started again. Did not read your reply until tonight.

Thank you for your kind and wise words. Funny tonight I was wrapping all the gifts to my brother Doug's family and my heart was not in it. So much care into gifts for people who I don't think regard me very highly. It does seem I am surrounded with people that either do not care or just use me for what I can do for them. It is time to redo my life. Wonderful husband and wonderful daughter. A few friends and my brother . That is about it.

I am at a crossroads with my illness. This is the sickest I have ever been. I either get better or it is a slide downhill to bedridden and the loss of all my dreams and loves. If someone does not love me then why should I keep them in my life, heck if they don't like me. Is that not insanity?

Thank you again for all your advice and wisdom. You cannot imagine how much it means to me.

Many hugs,

Sue

From: Stacie Buckle <sbuckle1@...>Subject: Re: warm horsesdominie Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 10:48 AM

Sue, truly you are underappreciated. You did so much for Christmas and they complained you were sick and ruined Christmas. I would have been so mad that I would have cancelled Christmas with them this year and told them to fend for themselves. I'm spiteful that way though. I used to be really caring and always worried about making life great and wonderful for everyone around me and now I have learned that they don't care about my life so I'm not worried about theirs. It was my survival kicking in that made me turn on them. I actually skipped Christmas a couple of years back because they were acting so hateful towards me. They had no sympathy that I was sick with 104 temperature. I stayed home and they got the point. All of a sudden everyone was a lot nicer to me.

It wasn't just all of that. I literally had to stop being so nice and pretend to be selfish whenever they were around me. It is paying off. I am getting a lot more respect. I suppose I wouldn't have been able to do it if my father was still alive, because I am Daddy's little girl. I would never have purposely tried to be that way in front of him and sacrifice his image of me. He is not though, so I have the advantage.

I feel bad for your sister in law, but please take my advice when I say that if she does not learn to be stronger on her own without the coddling then she may not be able to function later on. She could always depend on you. Maybe that is why the whole family expects you to do so much regardless of your condition. You over protective and over care, and constantly give without regard to your own health. They do not consider the sacrifices you make, they just expect you to keep giving. I had learned the hard way to just stop. I had been giving 210% for years and suffering greatly for it, and one day I couldn't do it and everyone was so mean to me over it. They judged and ridiculed me when they never bothered to lift a finger to help or even offer their help. All they ever offered was their negative opinions. I couldn't take it anymore. So, I skipped Christmas and left them to fend for themselves. They learned to

appreciate me and all that I do.

I hope this helps you become a little less stressed this holiday season. We all do too much because we want life to be great and wonderful for everyone else, while we end up miserable for the sacrifices we make for others. I know we want to make our time and effort cherishable and meroable considering we have very few great moments left, but it is about quality not quantity.

Without quality of health we diminish our quantity of holidays with family.

Stacie

Sue, You must live near PA?! haha! I've had the same problem! Severe weather changes,which is horrid for my Fibromyalgia and ice,snow storms,which is horrid for my power,Internet,etc....haha! I hope I'm back on now for awhile! Take care,Pam.S

MANY Fibromyalgia Awareness Items Created Daily!

Visit My Store At= http://www.zazzle.com/pammys*

Many Great Sales! Lets Fight Together! Thanks! Pam