RemedySpot.com

Re: TO: Pam in Georgia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I cannot believe you went through this! You cannot imagine how I dislike the medical system. Why is it we have to get so deathly ill before they will take action. I am so sorry you had to go through all that. It is so upsetting to read story after story like yours. I have a swollen right eye and I get migraines only on that side. I have had all the tests and they say it is nothing. Hmmmmm,they eye is swollen all the time and when I am in pain it is much more swollen. It is sore to the touch all the time but heck it is nothing. Just like my liver was nothing. I am so glad you are feeling better and were as lucky as you were. You must have some pretty vigilant Guardian Angels.

I just wanted to say we were going to move to Brunswick Georgia. We even had a bid on a house in the Historic district. We decided to wait because of our daughter but every day in my head I imagine I am in the South. My sister in law, who lives in Covington LA says that I am really a Southerner. So I pretend and wait until the day we can move and I can have my shop and play Bunco {sp?} with the girls.

Holiday hugs,

Sue

From: Palm <southernyankee7457@...>Subject: TO: Jane in Georgiadominie Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 1:57 PM

Jane,

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia around 2004, and at the time I was constantly having chest pains, and what felt like "flutters" in my heart. It seemed at times my heart would "clunk" to a stop, and just before I'd pass out it would "clunk" back to a start. At times it felt like an "elevator drop" ride. No one seem to understand what I was talking about, and my heart tests always seemed to come out ok. But, over the last 4 years I ended up having a mini-stroke, a mild heart attack, and a pulminary embolism (in 9/08). I was also getting what felt like "electrical shocks" to my head. Anyhow, after the mini-stroke (which the ER and doc's didn't believe even happened (it took 2 eye doctor's to confirm it to them) ... I was put on Lipitor 40mg for cholesterol, and most of the symptoms have clearned up. Of course, the doc's all say it was just "coincidental" , but I don't believe so.

I gained weight (around 20 lbs) by taking all the meds they had me experimenting with, so I finally decided that "rest" and "exercise" and "eating healthy" was the way for me to go. I feel so much better now.

MAKE your doctor listen to you. I kept getting the brush-off, and now I'm what the eye-doctor termed "one of the lucky ones". The mini-stroke I suffered has left some without vision, or distorted vision ... I only lost a slight amount of outer-vision. MAKE them check out your cholesterol levels, and check your thyroid.

I also had the severe bruising, but I think my meds were causing that. Since I've been off them I don't bruise so easily.

Sorry about the pain you are in, but that is something I've just learned to live with. I ease mine with 800 Motrin, but not everyone can take Motrin. It just works best for me. I have been tempted to get pain medication, but I keep holding off waiting for it to get to the point where the pain is intolerable (I have a high pain tolerance level, thank God).

We have insurance, but even with insurance I was paying an outrageous amount for meds and doctor bills. I quit them all except Requip (RLS) and Lipitor (cholesterol) . That runs me around $120/month (after insurance). As for a good doctor, I have yet to find one here in Georgia. Although I am right now living in the Mayport area, I have a home in Kingsland that we visit every weekend. My next move if my heart starts to act up again, or the Fibro gets beyond my treatments, is to check into getting treatment at The Mayo Clinic in ville. I've heard good things about them.

Good luck.

Palm