RemedySpot.com

Re: Sue: ...Brunswick, GA...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What a small world.

We live in Windsor Maine. Just outside Augusta. We live in a restored 1804 cape. I don't think there is a thing in here we have not touched. I love old homes. I especially love the old homes in the South.

I will have to visit St. 's. Maybe I will fall in love with that area. I never even unpacked boxes when we decided to stay awhile for my daughter. I am ready to go. We plan to buy a place in town Damriscotta Maine for the summer months and have the place in the South for the rest of the time. Horses can be at my dear friend and trainers in Edgecomb for summer and go home to South for winter.

Next time you are up here let me know. We can have coffee and a chat.

Christmas Hugs,

Sue

From: Palm <southernyankee7457@...>Subject: Sue: ...Brunswick, GA...dominie Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 8:06 AM

I live 45 minutes south of Brunswick, GA. If you ever visit and like historical areas, visit St. 's, GA. I like to walk the shops this time of year when the shops are all decorated for Christmas, and they are serving hot spicy cider. mmmmm.....

They also do a "tour of homes" which is just wonderful. People open their decorated homes for us to view. I love walking through the older homes. I love narrow staircases, wood ceilings, wood walls ... there is just a "feeling" when you stand in a home and think about the many generations that lived there. I grew up in a home that was built in the 1700's (in Lyman, ME). The man who built it (Valentine Hill) is buried in a family cemetary in the back field in a grove of trees. My parents sold the home (they purchased it around 1957/58) around 7 years ago to a couple who have turned a portion of it into a bed and breakfast. I think the website is:

www.hillretreat. com

I was home (in Maine) a couple of weeks ago. The new owners told my sister (who lives just down the road) I could drop in and see the changes they've made, but time didn't allow for that. Maybe next time we'll rent a room in the "bed and breakfast".

in Georgia