RemedySpot.com

Re: Lyrica 50 mg.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just got some Lyrica 50 mg.

I will open the capsule and take maybe 5 mg tonight to make sure it agrees with me.

Any advise on this one?

Thanks.

I also take 5 mg of elavil at 6 pm.

ellie

Hi Ellie,

Most of us find that Lyrica really works to lessen pain and some other symptoms. Unfortunately, it causes a while spectrum of side effects. The one that seems to get us all is weight gain. As for me, I also began to have double vision every morning. When I finally couldn't take the vision problem any longer, I gave up the Lyrica. I hope you try it though. You could be one of the people who can take it without any side effects at all.

In case anyone is interested, when I stopped taking Lyrica, I called the company (Pfizer) to tell them why. They are very interested in hearing what people experience when taking Lyrica. So if you stopped taking Lyrica because of specific side effects and have an extra couple of minutes one day, give them a call--I got their phone number from their web page.

Pam H

I will open the capsule and take maybe 5 mg tonight to make sure it agrees with me.

Any advise on this one?

Thanks.

ellie

is this alot like gabapentin?

Ellie Gunterwww.emaginedesigns.com727-393-2226

Any advise on this one?

Thanks.

ellie

I have a friend who took Lyrica for a while and she was over my house one day and passed out on the floor.We had to take her by ambulance to the hospital, since every time she sat up she would pass out. The cause? Lyrica!

S.

Hi Ellie,

Most of us find that Lyrica really works to lessen pain and some other symptoms. Unfortunately, it causes a while spectrum of side effects. The one that seems to get us all is weight gain. As for me, I also began to have double vision every morning. When I finally couldn't take the vision problem any longer, I gave up the Lyrica. I hope you try it though. You could be one of the people who can take it without any side effects at all.

In case anyone is interested, when I stopped taking Lyrica, I called the company (Pfizer) to tell them why. They are very interested in hearing what people experience when taking Lyrica. So if you stopped taking Lyrica because of specific side effects and have an extra couple of minutes one day, give them a call--I got their phone number from their web page.

Pam H

Any advise on this one?

Thanks.

ellie

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

Gabapentin is generic Neurontin.

Pam

Any advise on this one?

Thanks.

ellie

I was on Gabapentin for 5 years and it really helped my pain and sleep. However because I am also on Topomax {which is nick named the Dumbing up drug} I could not deal with the same side effect of Gabapentin. My memory was so bad. I really was scared. Those two drugs combined with my fibro fog was a nightmare.

I am afraid of Lyrica for a very vain reason but because of the weight gain. I just cannot go down that road. Excess weight on a frame that is in so much pain already is hard on it,then add excess weight to a dressage rider,then add excess weight to someone like me.............not good. All I have ever heard about Lyrica is that it always adds weight and has sketchy results besides. Don't know if this is true but this is what I have read.

Sue

From: Ellie Gunter <ellie@...>Subject: Re: Lyrica 50 mg.dominie Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 2:31 PM

is this alot like gabapentin?

Ellie Gunterwww.emaginedesigns. com727-393-2226

Any advise on this one?

Thanks.

ellie

I have a friend who has been on Lyrica for 4 years now, and no problems. Sandie -- Re: Lyrica 50 mg. Hi Ellie, Most of us find that Lyrica really works to lessen pain and some other symptoms. Unfortunately, it causes a while spectrum of side effects. The one that seems to get us all is weight gain. As for me, I also began to have double vision every morning. When I finally couldn't take the vision problem any longer, I gave up the Lyrica. I hope you try it though. You could be one of the people who can take it without any side effects at all. In case anyone is interested, when I stopped taking Lyrica, I called the company (Pfizer) to tell them why. They are very interested in hearing what people experience when taking Lyrica. So if you stopped taking Lyrica because of specific side effects and have an extra couple of minutes one day, give them a call--I got their phone number from their web page. Pam H Re: Lyrica 50 mg. I just got some Lyrica 50 mg. I will open the capsule and take maybe 5 mg tonight to make sure it agrees with me. Any advise on this one? Thanks. I also take 5 mg of elavil at 6 pm. ellie Listen to 350+ music, sports, & news radio stations – including songs for the holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now! Assembled by Sandie

Many readers have written to me about their experiences with Lyrica -

you can visit my newsletter archives at

http://www.fms-help.com/newsletters.htm

and use the SEARCH feature to find these comments. - Dom

>

> I just got some Lyrica 50 mg.

> I will open the capsule and take maybe 5 mg tonight to make sure it

agrees with me.

> Any advise on this one?

> Thanks.

>

> I also take 5 mg of elavil at 6 pm.

>

> ellie

>

It's difficult to tell if you'd still gain weight. I think the reason we gain weight is because Lyrica increases our appetites. If you are unable to eat much, perhaps weight gaine would not be a problem for you.

Pam

Any advise on this one?

Thanks.

ellie

When I have difficulty getting to sleep I eat a half cup of plain, live-yoghurt with honey. It sounds basic but it's one of the things I've found that really helps. At www.FMS-HELP.com you can also read Dominies "100 Tips for Coping wih Fibro & Insomnia." Cheers - Carlene

>> I've been taking Lyrica for about four years, and the only problem I > have is that when I take more than three 75mg capsules a day I have > trouble sleeping (I have odd reactions to things that are supposed to > put me to sleep!). But it does knock down my pain to a manageable > level. You have a real small dosage there, so I'd say give it a whirl > and see how it works for you.>