RemedySpot.com

Re: ...neurological disorders cause fatigue.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

[on's perceptive letter about Parkinson's, and "chronic fatigue" is interesting. Carlene.] [CO-CURE] RES,NOT: Neurological disorders & sleep

ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia Information Exchange Forum [CO-CURE@...]

In researching Parkinson's I came across a statement that made it clear that it's well known that neurological illnesses cause fatigue. I was kind of surprised I have to say, seeing as this little nugget has rarely been repeated, noted, commented on while referring to ME. It is surprising that our dear doctor friends did not know, or did not care to note, that neurological disorders cause fatigue.

My father has Parkinson's and he certainly sleeps a lot, yet curiously is not accused of malingering, pretending to have trouble walking, pretending to have difficulty with recall etc. Could it be that some are trying to pull the wool over our eyes? Parkinson's (which is also a syndrome) could be called chronic fatigue. Even

orthostatic hypotension is a feature.

It is both appalling and inexcusable that the words "chronic fatigue"

were ever applied to the neurological disorder from which we suffer, inexcusable that that name has lingered for 20 years. For this is the 20th anniversary of that first and damning definition.

on

MAMEinc

"Whenever force meets power, force is eventually defeated"

---------------------------------------------

Send posts to CO-CURE@...

Unsubscribe at http://www.co-cure.org/unsub.htm

Co-Cure's purpose is to provide information from across the spectrum of opinion concerning medical, research and political aspects of ME/CFS and/or FMS. We take no position on the validity of any specific scientific or political opinion expressed in Co-Cure posts, and we urge readers to research the various opinions available before assuming any one interpretation is definitive. The Co-Cure website <www.co-cure.org> has a link to our complete archive of posts as well as articles of central importance to the issues of our community.