RemedySpot.com

Sue: ...Brunswick, GA...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I live 45 minutes south of Brunswick, GA. If you ever visit and like historical areas, visit St. 's, GA. I like to walk the shops this time of year when the shops are all decorated for Christmas, and they are serving hot spicy cider. mmmmm.....

They also do a "tour of homes" which is just wonderful. People open their decorated homes for us to view. I love walking through the older homes. I love narrow staircases, wood ceilings, wood walls ... there is just a "feeling" when you stand in a home and think about the many generations that lived there. I grew up in a home that was built in the 1700's (in Lyman, ME). The man who built it (Valentine Hill) is buried in a family cemetary in the back field in a grove of trees. My parents sold the home (they purchased it around 1957/58) around 7 years ago to a couple who have turned a portion of it into a bed and breakfast. I think the website is:

www.hillretreat.com

I was home (in Maine) a couple of weeks ago. The new owners told my sister (who lives just down the road) I could drop in and see the changes they've made, but time didn't allow for that. Maybe next time we'll rent a room in the "bed and breakfast".

in Georgia