RemedySpot.com

[HeidiLiane]Support system

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am new to this list. My name is Gloria and I am 58 years old. I have Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, CFS, Arthritis. I am so happy to have found a support system of persons who understand what the fibro pain and brain fog is all about.

When I try to tell a friend or daughter that I don't feel like going someplace or doing something, They all say, "It's all in your mind" or "It can't be all that bad",

The other thing from my daughter (who know it all) is, "It's just an excuse when you don't want to do something." Today the pain was horrible, and my family wanted me to sort through all my plastic wear and find lids, dejunk, go out for pizza. Also, they wanted to clean the basement.

How do you make them understand that the pain is real, and after working 3 long shifts at the hospital, I just wanted to enjoy a quiet day at home? My stress and pain level were at an 8 today, and I was out of my Tramdol. Tylenol doesn't do anything.....................

How do you deal with all this? My arms ache, head hurts, etc. I'm going upstairs to take a very warm bath with Epson Salts in it to see if that brings relief. Gloria in Georgia, USA

Hi Gloria, and welcome. We are not usually as grumpy as we sounded these last few posts. We really are a nice bunch of people...usually. We are glad you found us, though. Did you happen to see a recent post, subject: "Imagine"? It is something you might want to print and show to your family--especially your daughter. I guess no one will ever really know how we feel unless they get fibro, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody, not even to make a point.

Pam H

I am new to this list. My name is Gloria and I am 58 years old. I have Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, CFS, Arthritis. I am so happy to have found a support system of persons who understand what the fibro pain and brain fog is all about.

When I try to tell a friend or daughter that I don't feel like going someplace or doing something, They all say, "It's all in your mind" or "It can't be all that bad",

The other thing from my daughter (who know it all) is, "It's just an excuse when you don't want to do something." Today the pain was horrible, and my family wanted me to sort through all my plastic wear and find lids, dejunk, go out for pizza. Also, they wanted to clean the basement.

How do you make them understand that the pain is real, and after working 3 long shifts at the hospital, I just wanted to enjoy a quiet day at home? My stress and pain level were at an 8 today, and I was out of my Tramdol. Tylenol doesn't do anything.....................

How do you deal with all this? My arms ache, head hurts, etc. I'm going upstairs to take a very warm bath with Epson Salts in it to see if that brings relief. Gloria in Georgia, USA

I'd tell them to have it, but this is not a good day for you to do those things. They can either reschedule or do it by themselves. Totally relatings---that would be too much after the stressors of the holidays. Time to rest and recoop!! Enjoy your bath.

Deb Halvorson

From: Gloria Beucler <gbeucler@...>HeidiLiane Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 3:09:14 PMSubject: [HeidiLiane]Support system

How do you make them understand that the pain is real, and after working 3 long shifts at the hospital, I just wanted to enjoy a quiet day at home? My stress and pain level were at an 8 today, and I was out of my Tramdol. Tylenol doesn't do anything.... ......... ........

welcome Gloria

Yes please show them just imagine and my name is

fibromyalgia. Our sons age 29 still think i do it for attention till

Byron our oldest by 31 min saw me In a bad flare day almost unable to

walk had to use a cane and even his after shave made me sick had to go

in the other room .Also both boys too saw me twice with fibro

fog. yes tell them to read Dominies home page too at www.fms-help.com.

Yes warm baths help too.

when I get in a bad flare time my husband makes me LOL hea sks me

Does My Hair Hurt? I hope you do feel better.

hugs nad happy 2009 heidi

I am so glad for our new member. She sounds like she may be a nurse what with working shifts and all.

I am/was a nurse.

I can concer with the comments about the pain being an 8+ recently.

This disease is a painful one.

Lately I have been feeling better.

Physically , that is.

Pyshcologistcally not so good.

It has been difficult to cultivate friends do to my illness.

They think I am maybe" lazy" which is the farthest from truth I could be , it is just that my mind wants to one thing and my body can't keep up at this time.

Anyone else feel this way???

Oh yes, I feel exactly that way. And even though I know I'm not lazy, I feel lazy when I don't get the things done I think I should be doing. My husband tries to be understanding, but he really isn't. He thinks if he says "there there," then we can immediately move on to whatever he has in mind. It's the pits.

Pam H

Sit them down and have them read things online about your condition! Pam just posted something. And say no. Over and over and over. No good being super woman or you will just end up in bed unable to move. This is an exhausting time. I am sure more than one of use here has been down for the count today.

You are the priority now and they can take care of you. Heck you can let them read my postin. I don't care.

My fourteen year old daughter yelled at me all day to take it easy, she made me tea this morning,cuddled with me, helped pick up the livingroom.....You can get through. I promise.

Happy Holidays and happy rest.

Urbanczyk

From: Debbie Halvorson <djh_50fab@...>Subject: Re: [HeidiLiane]Support systemHeidiLiane Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 6:23 PM

I'd tell them to have it, but this is not a good day for you to do those things. They can either reschedule or do it by themselves. Totally relatings--- that would be too much after the stressors of the holidays. Time to rest and recoop!! Enjoy your bath.

Deb Halvorson

From: Gloria Beucler <gbeuclercomcast (DOT) net>HeidiLiane@gro ups.comSent: Friday, December 26, 2008 3:09:14 PMSubject: [HeidiLiane] Support system

How do you make them understand that the pain is real, and after working 3 long shifts at the hospital, I just wanted to enjoy a quiet day at home? My stress and pain level were at an 8 today, and I was out of my Tramdol. Tylenol doesn't do anything.... ......... ........

Yes. I have been dealing with the Grief lately. My physical loss ,lately has really taken a toll on me.I am 42 , and have a 4 yr old son.My kids are 20 , 19 , 12 , and 4 . I started having unusual thoughts...I'm not suicidal ..But constantly grieve. I want to raise my younger kids like i did my older kids..This year i put them in public schools....Which wasn't planned , ,but definite needed...HeidiLiane From: heatherbr@...Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:27:29 -0600Subject: Re: [HeidiLiane]Support system

I am so glad for our new member. She sounds like she may be a nurse what with working shifts and all.

I am/was a nurse.

I can concer with the comments about the pain being an 8+ recently.

This disease is a painful one.

Lately I have been feeling better.

Physically , that is.

Pyshcologistcally not so good.

It has been difficult to cultivate friends do to my illness.

They think I am maybe" lazy" which is the farthest from truth I could be , it is just that my mind wants to one thing and my body can't keep up at this time.

Anyone else feel this way???

Life on your PC is safer, easier, and more enjoyable with Windows Vista®. See how

It is called the small death grieving what we cannot do anymore.Please

talk to your doctor sounds like your medications need to be ti rated.

one of my friends went through he same thing almost and her pain

medications and Cymbalta needed to be titrated but we are here for you

too. I myself have days when It hurts to pick something up and I ache

all over I hate this disease what it does to my body but i can still

hear,walk,talk smell too nd not confined to a wheelchair so i am

thankful and find something to be thankful for each day. I do hope

you're feeling better also please call your doctor to make an

appointment to see if ti is your medication OK sweetie. heidi

I already did. It scared me. Thank you so much...I really appreciate you...And i already feel better. Slowly , but better.At least now , i know i'm not losing my mind , Too....> HeidiLiane > From: heidilhlokey@...> Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 15:07:24 +0000> Subject: RE: [HeidiLiane]Support system> > > It is called the small death grieving what we cannot do anymore.Please > talk to your doctor sounds like your medications need to be ti rated.> > one of my friends went through he same thing almost and her pain > medications and Cymbalta needed to be titrated but we are here for you > too. I myself have days when It hurts to pick something up and I ache > all over I hate this disease what it does to my body but i can still > hear,walk,talk smell too nd not confined to a wheelchair so i am > thankful and find something to be thankful for each day. I do hope > you're feeling better also please call your doctor to make an > appointment to see if ti is your medication OK sweetie. heidi> > > ------------------------------------> >

Sue, your daughter sounds like a gem. I always wanted a daughter, and she sounds like just the one I want. Too bad my son is too old for her. :-)

Pam H

[HeidiLiane] Support system

Hi Gloria - I'm so glad you found your way into our caring support

group. We certainly do understand the fibro pain, and the brain fog. It

makes life so much easier when you talk with others who can relate. Like

you, I've heard all the denial phrases, too. Things like, " You used to

be so strong - what happened to you " and " What have you done to

yourself. " Now, that last one's a beauty!

What our loved ones, and society, don't realise is that these conditions

don't advertise themselves externally. It's like having internal scurvy.

The wounds are there but no-one else can see them. So we suffer in

silence with our invisble illnesses. I've had to learn to reduce my

former expectations of myself. Yet, I still have dreams, and desires.

It's much easier to just take one day at a time.

I've taught those around me to reduce their expectations of me, too.

These days I use the word NO, frequently. And I try not to get into

explanations of why I can't do something. Because an explanation is like

an apology. And I make no apology for being ill. Maybe in time your

family will learn to be more understanding. I hope you're not in so much

pain, today. Take care & hugs, Carlene.

>

> I am new to this list. My name is Gloria and I am 58 years old. I have

Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, CFS, Arthritis. I am so happy to have found a

support system of persons who understand what the fibro pain and brain

fog is all about.

Hello All,

I can really relate to what everyone is saying.

1. It is nice to be a part of a community that

has such a community Spirit.

2. I know after looking back over my life that the Stress has set in while I was in my teens. I had a really bad up bringing with crazy parents and grandparents and a lot of abuse as a child.

I rebelled as a teenager and got kicked out of the house for each teen pregnancy I had.

3. I was told in my 30's when I took a Psychiatric Evaluation that I have had a significant head injury and I can only go with my father " hitting me in the head with the phone receiver when I was 16 and seeing stars.

4. I devveloped my first 2 symptoms of increased Stress in my upper 20's.

First: IC at 29, It was diagnosed after multiply episodes of Cystitis and then when the IC was diagnosed via Cystoscopy, none of my samples were infected. So I did the DSMO infusions x 6 rounds, I smelled like horrible rotten oysters, it worked, however my self esteem dropped due to the odor I had for weeks.

Second: I had Endometriosis at 28 yrs old and had a Hysterectomy at 32. I had no idea at the time, up until recently that this was the first symptoms of my increased Stress filled life.

5. All of these things I lived with success until the restraining of a 300 lb girl who was very violent and suicidal August 2005. I had to restrain her for 20 minutes with no one willing to help me because it was a state institution and the males " did not want a Sexual abuse Allegation by touching her . That day I went to a hospital and the pain was so bad in my neck, Left Shoulder, and upper back. The doctor was a fool and sent me packing with a diagnosis of Low Back Pain which resulted in Workman's compensation not paying for medical assistance. Therefore , I was sent for Steroid injections that never helped however he put in at least 30 injections and that is when the autoimmune symptoms occured most notabley the Yeast Beast and Swollen Legs with large painful knots in my legs the Summer of 2006. My final diagnosis of the injuries I sustained were : Slap 2 Tear and cracked Bone in my Left Shoulder, bulging discs in my C4-C7 and T6-7. These injuries are not fixed yet and I know my immune system went to work for the past 3 yrs on that problem and left the rest of my body to assist there and eventually I have developed Fibro/CFS etc.

They explained that what I had was a second infection imposed by a very poor immune system. So the stress continued , not able to work, having to get away from an abusive husband, lost all my friends' of 30years , loss of house, car, increased debt and unable to pay it back, and the stress goes on and on.

I began to have a terrible balance issue in August 2004 and it continues.

I have to be careful where and how I walk because of the frequent falling and subsequent breaking of my ribs or and bruising of my ribs.

Then that leads to Bronchitis or Pneumonia.

6. Finally, in the Summer of 2007 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

7. Still hurting from the accident after 3 yrs, I have been told my Adrenal Glands are dead, along with Prolotherapy to take care of my shoulder injuries and neck, however after one successfull injection in September in 2008, I became so inflamed all over from the yeast beast.

8. I have to take Morphine, Norco, Flexeral to get out of bed and be even a bit social and so today I have to take it easy due to " The Fibro and CFS are finally calling and I have to rest"

There is so much more to my story however I do understand the stages of grief.

I thought I was going to be relieved and happy after getting Social Security and Medicare.

What it did was made it so I can't work or I won't get a check as well as having to respect the fact

That I really can't work at this time.

Brain Fog and Pain persevere.

I have had thoughts of Suicide as well however after trying it a few times I realized that I am very bad at it and that really what it is for me is a call for help.

There is a place for Grief and Loss and to bring it to the site is remarkable.

Lately I have been diagnosed with PTSD and Agoraphobia.

I had lost any desire to go or do anything.

I find that here you will get straight answers and Yes! Be heard.

I know we hurt, I get scared and panic when I can't get out of bed, and to have been so active in my other life.

Lately I have just let my body rest when it needs it, so I have a lovely alter in my room with positive affirmations and books for

when I do spend a lot of time in bed.

Love the computer, however I have noticed if I stay on it too long I start to get neck pain so ; if I follow the message of the pain and fatigue I just have had to give my body what it needs and I listen.

I try to do a body scan by laying comfortably on my back and going from my toes to my head and sure enough there are areas in my body that are hurting and trying to tell me something however if I stay toooo busy I will over do and then the headaches start along with more generalized pain.

Thank you for letting me share my story.

Blessings,

RE: [HeidiLiane]Support system> > > It is called the small death grieving what we cannot do anymore.Please > talk to your doctor sounds like your medications need to be ti rated.> > one of my friends went through he same thing almost and her pain > medications and Cymbalta needed to be titrated but we are here for you > too. I myself have days when It hurts to pick something up and I ache > all over I hate this disease what it does to my body but i can still > hear,walk,talk smell too nd not confined to a wheelchair so i am > thankful and find something to be thankful for each day. I do hope > you're feeling better also please call your doctor to make an > appointment to see if ti is your medication OK sweetie. heidi> > > ------------------------------------> >

G'day - We've said this before but it would be great if all of

us just lived near each other. We'd have ready made friends who

understand each other. I'd love to be able to just drop in for a chat

(and vica versa) and a cuppa.

I'm glad you've been feeling better, lately. And I can relate to the

psychological aspect being hard to deal with. The body-mind aspect is a

tough one. I haven't really conquered that one, yet. But, I can sooo

relate. Take it easy! Cheers, Carlene.

>

> I am so glad for our new member. She sounds like she may be a nurse

what with working shifts and all.

>

> I am/was a nurse.

>

> I can concer with the comments about the pain being an 8+ recently.

>

> This disease is a painful one.

- Thanks for sharing your heartfelt story with all of us. I can

relate to many of the events you've experienced in your life. Yes, there

is a real community spirit, here. Glad you're feeling right at home in

our group.

Your story is humbling in every detail. I also love the way you've set

up an altar in your room. With positive affirmations, and books. I do

hope that the pain, and brainfog decrease in time. Everyone's willing to

help with any questions you may have. Hope you're feeling a little

better, today. It's great getting to know you. Love & hugs - Carlene.

>

> Hello All,

>

> I can really relate to what everyone is saying.

>

> 1. It is nice to be a part of a community that

>

> has such a community Spirit.

>

> 2. I know after looking back over my life that the Stress has set in

while I was in my teens. I had a really bad up bringing with crazy

parents and grandparents and a lot of abuse as a child.

Carlene,

Thank you for your words.

Blessings,

Re: [HeidiLiane]Support system

>

> - Thanks for sharing your heartfelt story with all of us. I can

> relate to many of the events you've experienced in your life. Yes, there

> is a real community spirit, here. Glad you're feeling right at home in

> our group.

>

> Your story is humbling in every detail. I also love the way you've set

> up an altar in your room. With positive affirmations, and books. I do

> hope that the pain, and brainfog decrease in time. Everyone's willing to

> help with any questions you may have. Hope you're feeling a little

> better, today. It's great getting to know you. Love & hugs - Carlene.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>>

>> Hello All,

>>

>> I can really relate to what everyone is saying.

>>

>> 1. It is nice to be a part of a community that

>>

>> has such a community Spirit.

>>

>> 2. I know after looking back over my life that the Stress has set in

> while I was in my teens. I had a really bad up bringing with crazy

> parents and grandparents and a lot of abuse as a child.

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Thanks Pam she is a gem. I am so glad I have her. She has been through a lifetime of struggle herself and is wise beyond her years. So I cannot get away with my "stuff" around her.

hugs,

Sue

From: Pam Horne <pmarshall@...>Subject: Re: [HeidiLiane]Support systemHeidiLiane Date: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 11:16 AM

Sue, your daughter sounds like a gem. I always wanted a daughter, and she sounds like just the one I want. Too bad my son is too old for her. :-)

Pam H

[HeidiLiane] Support system