RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: nutrition summary

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sue, as you know by now I'm a vegan and don't eat any meats, fish, poultry, etc., and now no soy for me. What can you suggest that I should eat for a healthy protein and the proper fruits and vegies? I'm so lost when it comes to what should and should not be eaten. I have been a vegan for a very long time and even when I wasn't I still did not eat red meats. I DO NOT like red meats and my stomach gets extrememly upset when I've tried to eat it and the pain that I get is extremely painful to where I double over with pain. I do not like the taste and always feel sick, so I've have tried but it doesn't like me either, I went to see a homeopathic doc today who also owns a health food store and has been there for about 30 yrs now. He wants me to bring my labs results to him as they're really out of whack as well as

all of the bottles of the vitamins, minerals and anythings else I'm taking to make sure I'm taking the proper stuff. He gave me Colon Clenz because I'm am very constipated and gave me Sea Aloe which contains over 80 nutrients, all essential amino acids and this is for the FMS. He also gave me a sample of Reuma-Art X-Strength which takes the place of my pain med. He states it's more effective and safe unlike the roxicodone that I currently take. I am going back to see him this week with my lab results and see what else he says.

What do you think of this. I hope you don't mind my asking for some help. I'm very worried about my health and am without a doubt not eating properly or not eating at all. The group gave me ideas about a month ago as to what I can try to consume without having to chew so that helped. I've lost 10 lbs in a very short time, which I love, but it's coming off the wrong way and this worries me greatly. I want to be healthy and this is not a healthy way of losing.

I really appreciate any help you can provide and if you feel you cannot I still very much appreciate all the advice given thus far. If you'd prefer please feel free to email me directly @ bookie0415@..., so as not to bother anyone in the group who may not want to get all of this info. I thank you again for the help you have given to me. Hugs H

From: Urbanczyk <featherednst@...>Subject: Re: nutrition summarydominie Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 10:22 PM

Before someone gets upset with me about me about the whole "eating meat" thing. Here is a brief summary of what I follow that bucks the whole system of false truths that the public has been fed that slowly is starting to come out now. Although in the Naturopathic world this is not new. You will not find many regular doctors who know a thing about nutrition. It is our job to tell them. What they know about nutrition will actually make you sicker. Sue

C DIETARY DANGERS

Avoid saturated fats

Saturated fats play many important roles in the body. They provide integrity to the cell membrane, enhance the body's use of essential fatty acids, enhance the immune system, protect the liver and contribute to strong bones. Saturated fats do not cause heart disease. In fact, saturated fats are the preferred food for the heart. Your body makes saturated fats out of carbohydrates.

Limit cholesterol

Dietary cholesterol contributes to the strength of the intestinal wall and helps babies and children develop a healthy brain and nervous system. Foods that contain cholesterol also provide many other important nutrients. Only oxidized cholesterol, found in powdered milk and eggs, contributes to heart disease. Powdered milk is added to 1% and 2% milk.

Use more polyunsaturated oils

Polyunsaturates in more than small amounts contribute to cancer, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, learning disabilities, intestinal problems and premature aging. Large amounts of polyunsaturated fats are new to the human diet, due to the modern use of commercial liquid vegetable oils.

Avoid red meat

Red meat is a rich source of nutrients that protect the heart and nervous system including vitamins B12 and B6, zinc, phosphorus, carnitine and Coenzyme Q10.

Cut back on eggs

Eggs are nature's perfect food, providing excellent protein, the gamut of nutrients and important fatty acids that contribute to the health of the brain and nervous system. Americans had less heart disease when they ate more eggs. Egg substitutes cause rapid death in test animals.

Eat lean meat and drink lowfat milk

Lean meat and lowfat milk lack fat soluble vitamins needed to assimilate protein and minerals in meat and milk. Consumption of low-fat foods can lead to depletion of vitamin A and D reserves.

Limit fat consumption to 30% of calories

30% calories as fat is too low for most people, leading to low blood sugar and fatigue. Traditional diets contained 40% to 80% of calories as healthy fats, mostly of animal origin.

Eat 6-11 servings of grains per day

Most grain products are made from white flour, which is devoid of nutrients. Additives in white flour can cause vitamin deficiencies. Whole grain products can cause mineral deficiencies and intestinal problems unless properly prepared.

Restrict salt

Salt is crucial to digestion and assimilation. Salt is also necessary for the development and functioning of the nervous system.

At least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day

Fruits and vegetables receive an average of 10 applications of pesticides, from seed to storage. Consumers should seek out organic produce. Quality counts!

Eat more soy foods

Modern soy foods block mineral absorption, inhibit protein digestion, depress thyroid function and contain potent carcinogens.

Click here to become a member of the Foundation and receive our quarterly journal, full of informative articles as well as sources of healthy food.

,One of my biggest concerns for you would be anemia. I huge problem with the vegan diet. I have a dear,dear friend who is my design assistant and also finishing her third year of nursing school in Canada. She {and I have permission to tell you this.} is an anorexic. She came to me this summer seriously underweight and very very ill. I am no stranger to an eating disorder. I too was anorexic when I was a teenager and when I modeled for Ford in my twenties.{ I am five seven and weighed 115.} I did not eat beef or any meat at all. Beef did not agree with me. Same for . She just could not tolerate it. I sent to my Naturopath and she tested anemic,hyperthyroid,malnorished among alot of other serious issues. Her bone density was less than mine. She is twenty three and

I am forty seven. It took 6 months but she now eats beef, does not have any reaction and actually likes it. After a life time of hating it.My point is if you find yourself a very good Naturopathic Doctor they will work with you and your body to get it back on track. If it is true that you cannot tolerate beef then they will work with you to help you in another way. You cannot go on without any protien. Plant based diet will slowly make you old before your time. You can also make a very,very nutritious bone broth from organic chicken. I drink it three times a day. Your body has a lot going on and needs to repair. It cannot do it's repair without the proper tools. My mother has a dear friend of over twenty years. We just got the news that her husband is dying. The doctors are not sure why. His blood is seeping out of his veins. His muscles are atrophied,his heart is week{no heart disease} and his bone density is shocking. He has

been a vegan for over 20 years. If you are vegan for social and moral issues there are some very compelling articles to read about what plant based diets do to the planet. http://westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtvegetarianism.htmlI am not sure if I sent you the above article and if I did forgive me. If I didn't read this. It is long but it is chock full of information. Weston Price is considered a genius of his time. He is referenced and quoted by doctors and researchers around the world. If you have this article read it again. Do not panic but consider there is another way besides a vegan diet and that perhaps your body could benefit considering the enormous amount of research out there. Diet is a scary place for people. It seems to hold a lot of emotions for us. A good Doctor will also take this into account. I want to ride Classical Dressage in Spain. I want to get myself in remission. So Dr. T knows that and knows my

goals. We are a fiesty bunch here. I know you are fiesty. Big hugs,Sue

From: Urbanczyk <featherednst>Subject: Re: nutrition summarydominie@groups .comDate: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 10:22 PM

Before someone gets upset with me about me about the whole "eating meat" thing. Here is a brief summary of what I follow that bucks the whole system of false truths that the public has been fed that slowly is starting to come out now. Although in the Naturopathic world this is not new. You will not find many regular doctors who know a thing about nutrition. It is our job to tell them. What they know about nutrition will actually make you sicker. Sue

C DIETARY DANGERS

Avoid saturated fats

Saturated fats play many important roles in the body. They provide integrity to the cell membrane, enhance the body's use of essential fatty acids, enhance the immune system, protect the liver and contribute to strong bones. Saturated fats do not cause heart disease. In fact, saturated fats are the preferred food for the heart. Your body makes saturated fats out of carbohydrates.

Limit cholesterol

Dietary cholesterol contributes to the strength of the intestinal wall and helps babies and children develop a healthy brain and nervous system. Foods that contain cholesterol also provide many other important nutrients. Only oxidized cholesterol, found in powdered milk and eggs, contributes to heart disease. Powdered milk is added to 1% and 2% milk.

Polyunsaturates in more than small amounts contribute to cancer, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, learning disabilities, intestinal problems and premature aging. Large amounts of polyunsaturated fats are new to the human diet, due to the modern use of commercial liquid vegetable oils.

Avoid red meat

Red meat is a rich source of nutrients that protect the heart and nervous system including vitamins B12 and B6, zinc, phosphorus, carnitine and Coenzyme Q10.

Cut back on eggs

Eggs are nature's perfect food, providing excellent protein, the gamut of nutrients and important fatty acids that contribute to the health of the brain and nervous system. Americans had less heart disease when they ate more eggs. Egg substitutes cause rapid death in test animals.

Lean meat and lowfat milk lack fat soluble vitamins needed to assimilate protein and minerals in meat and milk. Consumption of low-fat foods can lead to depletion of vitamin A and D reserves.

30% calories as fat is too low for most people, leading to low blood sugar and fatigue. Traditional diets contained 40% to 80% of calories as healthy fats, mostly of animal origin.

Most grain products are made from white flour, which is devoid of nutrients. Additives in white flour can cause vitamin deficiencies. Whole grain products can cause mineral deficiencies and intestinal problems unless properly prepared.

Restrict salt

Salt is crucial to digestion and assimilation. Salt is also necessary for the development and functioning of the nervous system.

Fruits and vegetables receive an average of 10 applications of pesticides, from seed to storage. Consumers should seek out organic produce. Quality counts!

Eat more soy foods

Modern soy foods block mineral absorption, inhibit protein digestion, depress thyroid function and contain potent carcinogens.

Click here to become a member of the Foundation and receive our quarterly journal, full of informative articles as well as sources of healthy food.

Thanks Sue and yes I did received the link yesterday and have saved it to read and refer to late on, if necessary. Thank you also for taking the time to respond to my email and caring enough to do so. You're right diet is scary and also very complicated. Hugs H

From: Urbanczyk <featherednst>Subject: Re: nutrition summarydominie@groups .comDate: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 10:22 PM

C DIETARY DANGERS

Avoid saturated fats

Limit cholesterol

Avoid red meat

Cut back on eggs

Restrict salt

Eat more soy foods

,I am concerned that the time is now. Read the article. Do not save it. More knowledge is power. You can chose to not believe it but you can also make a more educated decision when seeking council. This is not an article to be saved it is an article to be read.Please?Sue

C DIETARY DANGERS

Avoid saturated fats

Limit cholesterol

Avoid red meat

Cut back on eggs

Restrict salt

Eat more soy foods

OK I'll read it tomorrow as I'm in bed now. Thanks again. Hugs HSent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeedFrom: Urbanczyk Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:24:53 -0800 (PST)<dominie >Subject: Re: Re: nutrition summary ,I am concerned that the time is now. Read the article. Do not save it. More knowledge is power. You can chose to not believe it but you can also make a more educated decision when seeking council. This is not an article to be saved it is an article to be read.Please?SueFrom: Urbanczyk <featherednst>Subject: Re: nutrition summarydominie@groups .comDate: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 10:22 PMBefore someone gets upset with me about me about the whole "eating meat" thing. Here is a brief summary of what I follow that bucks the whole system of false truths that the public has been fed that slowly is starting to come out now. Although in the Naturopathic world this is not new. You will not find many regular doctors who know a thing about nutrition. It is our job to tell them. What they know about nutrition will actually make you sicker. SueC DIETARY DANGERSAvoid saturated fatsSaturated fats play many important roles in the body. They provide integrity to the cell membrane, enhance the body's use of essential fatty acids, enhance the immune system, protect the liver and contribute to strong bones. Saturated fats do not cause heart disease. In fact, saturated fats are the preferred food for the heart. Your body makes saturated fats out of carbohydrates.Limit cholesterolDietary cholesterol contributes to the strength of the intestinal wall and helps babies and children develop a healthy brain and nervous system. Foods that contain cholesterol also provide many other important nutrients. Only oxidized cholesterol, found in powdered milk and eggs, contributes to heart disease. Powdered milk is added to 1% and 2% milk.Use more polyunsaturated oilsPolyunsaturates in more than small amounts contribute to cancer, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, learning disabilities, intestinal problems and premature aging. Large amounts of polyunsaturated fats are new to the human diet, due to the modern use of commercial liquid vegetable oils. Avoid red meatRed meat is a rich source of nutrients that protect the heart and nervous system including vitamins B12 and B6, zinc, phosphorus, carnitine and Coenzyme Q10. Cut back on eggsEggs are nature's perfect food, providing excellent protein, the gamut of nutrients and important fatty acids that contribute to the health of the brain and nervous system. Americans had less heart disease when they ate more eggs. Egg substitutes cause rapid death in test animals. Eat lean meat and drink lowfat milkLean meat and lowfat milk lack fat soluble vitamins needed to assimilate protein and minerals in meat and milk. Consumption of low-fat foods can lead to depletion of vitamin A and D reserves. Limit fat consumption to 30% of calories30% calories as fat is too low for most people, leading to low blood sugar and fatigue. Traditional diets contained 40% to 80% of calories as healthy fats, mostly of animal origin. Eat 6-11 servings of grains per dayMost grain products are made from white flour, which is devoid of nutrients. Additives in white flour can cause vitamin deficiencies. Whole grain products can cause mineral deficiencies and intestinal problems unless properly prepared. Restrict saltSalt is crucial to digestion and assimilation. Salt is also necessary for the development and functioning of the nervous system. At least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per dayFruits and vegetables receive an average of 10 applications of pesticides, from seed to storage. Consumers should seek out organic produce. Quality counts! Eat more soy foodsModern soy foods block mineral absorption, inhibit protein digestion, depress thyroid function and contain potent carcinogens. Click here to become a member of the Foundation and receive our quarterly journal, full of informative articles as well as sources of healthy food.

I'm not being critical of the vegan diet, but I think we can all agree that the Bible is a great guideline to follow. I think God put a wide variety of meats, fruits and vegetables on this earth, to supply our physical needs. I think the 'harm' came in when man decided they could grow bigger and better fruits, vegies, and meats. All these chemicals we are forced to injest daily, or breathe in daily, break down our bodies, and our health.

( Palm)

,What a lovely and insightful way to say it.SueFrom: Palm <southernyankee7457@...>Subject: Re: Re: nutrition summarydominie Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 8:37 AM

I'm not being critical of the vegan diet, but I think we can all agree that the Bible is a great guideline to follow. I think God put a wide variety of meats, fruits and vegetables on this earth, to supply our physical needs. I think the 'harm' came in when man decided they could grow bigger and better fruits, vegies, and meats. All these chemicals we are forced to injest daily, or breathe in daily, break down our bodies, and our health.

( Palm)