RemedySpot.com

Touch of Lupus???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was told I had Lupus in 1991 by a Rheumo because of my pain throughout and my RA factor was positive and the numbers on the ANA results all leaned toward Lupus. Needless to say I was scared to death also. I went to the Uni of Miami and that doc after several visits told me I did not have lupus. So after putting on weight from the steroids and being so scared I didn't have it afterall. If I were you I'd get another opinion...I've never heard of a touch of Lupus, you either have it or you don't. To this day my RA factor still indicates rheumatoid arthritis but every doc says I don't have RA either. Plz get another opinion as these docs make us crazy. Let me know what's going on. Hugs H Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeedFrom: "" Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 16:32:01 -0000<dominie >Subject: "Touch" of Lupus??? My rheumatologist recenty told me that in addition to fibro, I also have a " touch " of lupus. Just something I'm going to have to " deal " with for now, he said, before getting out the heavy duty cancer- fighting drugs. When I asked him what a " touch " meant - he told me not to worry...it wasn't the kind that was going to kill me right away!!!! How cold is that? I'm at my wits end here. I'm now on Cymbalta - which actually helps in the mornings somewhat. I just wanted to know if anyone else has been given this diagnosis...it's very scary as you know. Thanks for any input! in TN

My best girlfriend Viki has Lupus,CFIDS,Fibro

She is on Cymbalta,Gabapentin.Lyrica and a muscle relaxer. she has

modifeid her eating plans also her sleping plans to suit her. Also she

talks to a shrink too.She tried to kill herself earlier this year for

her medications were not tirated enough to suit her.But they are now.

she is doing fine.Not on any cancer drugs at all.

Just Please remember with Lupus like with your fibro and CFIDS what

works for one peson might not work for another one.Best of luck dealing

with this extra DX.

Hugs Heidi