RemedySpot.com

Re: [HeidiLiane] Dealing with pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If youre willing to take a more alternavite approach, and if you can find a kinesiologist that you think is capable.. have them do testing to see if the meds/supplements are good for you and if they will help.. maybe before you waste your money on it.

I am very sensitive to everything these days.. food, temp, vitamins.. defnitely medications even tylenol type stuff.

Im a very scientific person, and an engineer, but since this hit Ive been very open to trying anything. I have so far come across 2 people capable of doing such testing and they were right.. One of the supplements I got from the fibro and fatigue center called Corvalen M gave me a bad reaction. When I saw the kinesiolgist he said one of my meds was bad for me. I listed the ones I tried and he picked it out. You can chose to believe me or not, and Im not saying that anyone can do this, but some seem to have that skill. Might be worth looking into.

From: heidi <heidilhlokey@...>HeidiLiane Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 11:48:07 PMSubject: [HeidiLiane] Dealing with pain

I agree she stated it right ladies what works for one of us might not work for you or work as good. we have to remember our other conditions that go along with this disease.alsow ith any OTC vitamins, supplments pease check wwith yuor pharmacist to see if ti will intefere with any of yuor medicines.I also use the same pharmacy too and they know me and what medications I am on too. Thank-you Clare happy 2009 Heidi

Clare so true, so true.

Sandie

[HeidiLiane] Dealing with pain

you all pass on such wonderful examples

YES EXAMPLES

of what works for you as an individual.

I beg people

Please remember this ugly disease can be very different for us all.

I know there are some similarities as in (for example) trigger points/pressure points

BUT it can end right there as every one of us has very different reactions to the weather, to the medications and supplements we take, to the excercises we try and incorporate into our daily lives, to sleep patterns, to food, even to the amount of clothing we need to waer to either stop us freezing to death or over cooking..........

Pain is subjective. I hated writing that!!!!!!!

We each deal with it in our own ways

Doctors will tell you some deal with it better than others

WHAT WOULD THEY KNOW? are they themselves suffering?

What pain meds work for you may NOT work for me

What anti depress meds that work for you may send me into a deep dark fog for 23 hours at a time.

What alternative and complimentary things you trial / take may have superb benefits for you and absolutely NO benefits at all for me - or visa versa.

ALL I ask is for us to remember, when we are telling friends on here about different drugs and therapies....

we are all different there is NO one size fits all for this disgusting disease. I guess that is where some of our friends and family members fall short - expecting a few pills will kill the FMS and we will be as fit as a fiddle in no time at all....... IT DON'T work like that..... sadly.

My rant ... sorry folks.

Clare in Tassie

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

Hi Clare. We do all know that everyone has a different reaction to all these meds and treatments and whatever, and we, better than most, know that pain is subjective. For the most part, the things that we post really are just suggestions for anyone to try if they so desire. We're not trying to preach. Honest.

Pam H

[HeidiLiane] Dealing with pain

you all pass on such wonderful examples

YES EXAMPLES

of what works for you as an individual.

I beg people

Please remember this ugly disease can be very different for us all.

I know there are some similarities as in (for example) trigger points/pressure points

BUT it can end right there as every one of us has very different reactions to the weather, to the medications and supplements we take, to the excercises we try and incorporate into our daily lives, to sleep patterns, to food, even to the amount of clothing we need to waer to either stop us freezing to death or over cooking..........

Pain is subjective. I hated writing that!!!!!!!

We each deal with it in our own ways

Doctors will tell you some deal with it better than others

WHAT WOULD THEY KNOW? are they themselves suffering?

What pain meds work for you may NOT work for me

What anti depress meds that work for you may send me into a deep dark fog for 23 hours at a time.

What alternative and complimentary things you trial / take may have superb benefits for you and absolutely NO benefits at all for me - or visa versa.

ALL I ask is for us to remember, when we are telling friends on here about different drugs and therapies....

we are all different there is NO one size fits all for this disgusting disease. I guess that is where some of our friends and family members fall short - expecting a few pills will kill the FMS and we will be as fit as a fiddle in no time at all....... IT DON'T work like that..... sadly.

My rant ... sorry folks.

Clare in Tassie

I believe in the muscle testing route.

I must admit I usually do not do this however,

I just try from all of the choices of supplements

and usually choose correctly.

I am so into muscle testing that I am reading a book on Applied Kiniseology so I can test myself.

It can be expensive unfortuanately,

We are lucky because we have People's Pharmacies.

They have pharmacists that know how to do muscle testing

if you a product they will test you for free.

Usually extremely good accuracy.

I just have a difficult time getting to the pharmacy so

if know how to do it myself , I won't have to leave home.

I order my supplements on line also:

www.iherb.com has been the best site for me.

I can give you a code that will give you $5.00 off on your first order and free shipping over 60.00 and as little as 4.00 for shipping with a smaller order.

I did not mean for this to become an advertisement.

Sorry about that.

As far as " there is not one answer for all of us with this wacky disease" I have to agree

however the list of tools to help get larger and larger from this site.

I have been collecting posts.

It is like a book with many writers.

Blessings to All,

----- Origiuckal Message -----

HeidiLiane

Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 4:57 PM

Subject: Re: [HeidiLiane] Dealing with pain

If youre willing to take a more alternavite approach, and if you can find a kinesiologist that you think is capable.. have them do testing to see if the meds/supplements are good for you and if they will help.. maybe before you waste your money on it.

I am very sensitive to everything these days.. food, temp, vitamins.. defnitely medications even tylenol type stuff.

Im a very scientific person, and an engineer, but since this hit Ive been very open to trying anything. I have so far come across 2 people capable of doing such testing and they were right.. One of the supplements I got from the fibro and fatigue center called Corvalen M gave me a bad reaction. When I saw the kinesiolgist he said one of my meds was bad for me. I listed the ones I tried and he picked it out. You can chose to believe me or not, and Im not saying that anyone can do this, but some seem to have that skill. Might be worth looking into.

From: heidi <heidilhlokey@...>HeidiLiane Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 11:48:07 PMSubject: [HeidiLiane] Dealing with pain

I agree she stated it right ladies what works for one of us might not work for you or work as good. we have to remember our other conditions that go along with this disease.alsow ith any OTC vitamins, supplments pease check wwith yuor pharmacist to see if ti will intefere with any of yuor medicines.I also use the same pharmacy too and they know me and what medications I am on too. Thank-you Clare happy 2009 Heidi