RemedySpot.com

Re: [HeidiLiane] Is There a Diet For Fibomyalgia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I too dont think there is one specific 'diet' in fact the dr Im seeing now does food allergy tests, fructose and lactose intolerance tests and stomach biopsy. Once those results are in you talk to a specialized nutritionist who will come up w a diet specially tailored for you. I have not yet seen this perosn, my appt in on the 13th. I will let you know how it goes.

Evie

From: Polly Hattemer <PollyHattemer@...>fibro group <HeidiLiane >Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:36:35 AMSubject: [HeidiLiane] Is There a Diet For Fibomyalgia

Hello Heidi,

If there is a diet for fibromyalgia, I doubt it would be exactly like what Sharon Ostaleki, Ph.D. suggests. I don't like her suggestion of "vegetable oils." A little of those oils are fine. However, I think the diet should only include olive oil, coconut oil, organic butter and a little oil from eating occasional fish. (The butter should preferably be from cows eating rapidly growing grass in Spring and Fall, see the "butter oil" articles at the green pastures site. Also take a look at their high vitamin D cod liver oil.)

I don't like the blanket statement of eating vegetable oils. Most vegetable oils contain too much polyunsaturated oils. Polyunsaturated oils interfere with your cellular energy. They also intefere with the release, transport and use of the thyroid hormone. They also promote the growth of yeast in low oxygen environments, like the intestines.

I also disagree with the suggestion to drink plenty of water, unless you are also eating plenty of salt. You don't want to wash the salt out of your body. Salt and taurine will help you retain your magnesium. Also, salt will help you use your serotonin properly. A little salt taken just before bedtime will help you get to sleep. Although probably pretty harsh, a "salt water flush" will probably help you get rid of a lot of bacterial overgrowth in the small intestines. I would also suggest that you use some taurine, because this will help regulate the balance of sodium and potassium in your heart.

If anything comes close to a fibromyalgia diet, I think it would be "The Specific Carbohydrate Diet" This diet only contains carbohydrates that are easy to digest. This diet would mean that most of the carbohydrates would be absorbed early in the intestines. This would not leave much food for the bacterial overgrowth that is usually in the latter part of the small intestine.

Polly

------

Posted by: "heidi" heidilhlokey heidilhlokey Date: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:44 pm ((PST))Got this off of Sharon Ostalecki Ph.d siteshe also has fibromyalgia and has written the book Fibromyalgia The complete guide frommedical experts nad patients.What do you all think?????Heidi

Here are some links to different sites Re: diet for fibromyalgia. I did a windows live search and came up with over 20 pages of info on fibro diet. Just be careful when doing this, as many of the sites were just trying to sell you a product.

I can't remember what site I read it at several years ago but there was mention of avoiding plants of the nightshade family, tomatoes potatoes etc.

Sandie

http://www.vaxa.com/fibro-diet.cfm

http://www.myfibro.com/fibromyalgia-diet

[HeidiLiane] Is There a Diet For Fibomyalgia

Hello Heidi,

If there is a diet for fibromyalgia, I doubt it would be exactly like what Sharon Ostaleki, Ph.D. suggests. I don't like her suggestion of "vegetable oils." A little of those oils are fine. However, I think the diet should only include olive oil, coconut oil, organic butter and a little oil from eating occasional fish. (The butter should preferably be from cows eating rapidly growing grass in Spring and Fall, see the "butter oil" articles at the green pastures site. Also take a look at their high vitamin D cod liver oil.)

I don't like the blanket statement of eating vegetable oils. Most vegetable oils contain too much polyunsaturated oils. Polyunsaturated oils interfere with your cellular energy. They also intefere with the release, transport and use of the thyroid hormone. They also promote the growth of yeast in low oxygen environments, like the intestines.

I also disagree with the suggestion to drink plenty of water, unless you are also eating plenty of salt. You don't want to wash the salt out of your body. Salt and taurine will help you retain your magnesium. Also, salt will help you use your serotonin properly. A little salt taken just before bedtime will help you get to sleep. Although probably pretty harsh, a "salt water flush" will probably help you get rid of a lot of bacterial overgrowth in the small intestines. I would also suggest that you use some taurine, because this will help regulate the balance of sodium and potassium in your heart.

If anything comes close to a fibromyalgia diet, I think it would be "The Specific Carbohydrate Diet" This diet only contains carbohydrates that are easy to digest. This diet would mean that most of the carbohydrates would be absorbed early in the intestines. This would not leave much food for the bacterial overgrowth that is usually in the latter part of the small intestine.

Polly

------

Posted by: "heidi" heidilhlokey@... heidilhlokey

Date: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:44 pm ((PST))

Got this off of Sharon Ostalecki Ph.d site

she also has fibromyalgia and has written the book Fibromyalgia The

complete guide frommedical experts nad patients.

What do you all think?????

Heidi

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

no sugar or processed foods is the main thing.

Ellie Gunterwww.emaginedesigns.com727-393-2226

[HeidiLiane] Is There a Diet For Fibomyalgia

Hello Heidi,

Polly

------

Posted by: "heidi" heidilhlokey heidilhlokey Date: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:44 pm ((PST))Got this off of Sharon Ostalecki Ph.d siteshe also has fibromyalgia and has written the book Fibromyalgia The complete guide frommedical experts nad patients.What do you all think?????Heidi

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations – including songs for the holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!