RemedySpot.com

Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth --- SIBO

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This thread started off as “New to Group,” but I think it deserves a new subject line now.

Heron,

That was a wonderful article on Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. http://www.medicinenet.com/small_intestinal_bacterial_overgrowth/article.htm I learned a lot from it. However, the article was very shy on treatment options. There is a lot more that can be done besides antibiotics and probiotics. A few of these things were mentioned by the patients. These were Specific Carbohydrate Diet, peppermint oil and cloves of garlic swallowed whole. I’m pretty sure that this doctor who wrote the article may be aware of other unproven treatments, but it wouldn’t be appropriate for him to speculate on them in an article. Anecdotal experiences and unproven methods are best left for the patients to describe. :)

I would like to talk more about the other available treatments, but right now it is late, and there is much to describe. So, I'll leave you with a promise that we will continue this discussion soon.

PS --- sometimes Interstitial Cystitis will clear up when you clear up the gut environment.

Polly