RemedySpot.com

PTSD, neurofeedback, brainfog, whiplash

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

I like the nice explanation of neurofeedback at the website you found. http://www.seattleneurofeedback.com/page1/page1.html What they are describing there is traditional neurofeedback. I’ve had about 150 sessions of that, followed by about a dozen of the BrainPaint sessions with a different doctor.

For me, the BrainPaint was much stronger than the traditional neurofeedback. For me, it seemed 500% stronger ---- much more than the extra 30% stronger that they found in a study with ADD. I’ve heard that some of the initial uses of BrainPaint were with PTSD and that it works very well there. I don’t know how well the traditional neurofeedback alpha-theta training does in comparison when treating PTSD.

My personal observations were that the traditional alpha-theta allowed a deeper state of relaxation. The BrainPaint alpha-theta kept you from going as deep. The impression I got from the doctor was that they did that on purpose with the BrainPaint. I’ve not done a lot of the alpha-theta, at least not much compared to the other training. However, with the alpha-theta, I definitely saw some of my irrational fears and anxieties diminish.

The doctor with whom I did those BrainPaint sessions said that he is now using the LENS system more often than BrainPaint, so I’m pretty curious about that. I might go in once and try it.

Oh, you might find this interesting. On my first visit, to the first doctor, he looked at my scan and asked if I have or had had chronic fatigue. Also, he asked if I had hit my head. He said that it looked as if I had been hit on one side in a manner that caused a shearing motion between the two halves of the brain. Turns out he was right there. I had been hit in one eye and had almost passed out from it.

My treatment involved first bringing up the energy level of the brain --- teaching it to process everything at a higher frequency. Then he worked on teaching the two halves of my brain to talk to each other more efficiently. Then he gave me a few alpha theta sessions. He said that as he brought up the processing frequency of the brain, that I would notice more things that irritated me in my environment --- things that weren’t right. That definitely happened. It took a while for me to adjust and accept my new way of seeing the world. I think my reaction came because I was more aware of my environment --- I wasn’t in such a brain fog --- I noticed things.

This may be of interest too. I've a friend whose speech got all jumbled up after a car accident. Neurofeedback fixed that for her.

Polly