RemedySpot.com

Re: Flu Shot Information

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks so much will def show to doctor. Hugs HSent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeedFrom: "" <ldyivywillow@...>Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:16:37 -0000<dominie >Subject: Flu Shot Information Hi Everyone, I have a good doctor who specializes in Fibro and CFS. He recommends not getting a flu shot (please talk to your doctor about this). He basically says it can throw us into a flair and are bodies will not create the antibodies to fight off the flu if we get it anyway, so it does not good. Here is the information from his website. It is www.drlapp.net I've had a lot of success with him. Hope this helps. Influenza Vaccination Due to reports of severe relapses following immunization, flu vaccinations are generally NOT recommended to persons with CFS or FM unless (1) you have taken flu vaccinations in the past and tolerated them well or (2) you have a serious chronic illness (such as emphysema, diabetes, or heart disease) in addition to CFS/ME/ FM. Not only do some patients relapse after flu vaccination, but many do not sero-convert (develop antibodies) to the vaccination. Thus you may suffer the discomfort of a " shot " plus the misery of a relapse, and not even develop immunity. These are the current recommendations from the Hunter-Hopkins Center: If you have tolerated it in the past, you may take a flu vaccination this year if you wish. Recognize, however, that you may not develop protective antibodies. If you are elderly, infirm, or have a serious chronic illness for which vaccination is recommended, weigh the risk of immunization against the risk of contracting the flu. If you don't take the flu vaccination, " antibiotics " are available to fight influenza. These should be started within 72 hours of onset in order to reduce the severity and the length of your illness. These drugs include: Symmetrel (amantidine) 100mg bid for 5 days for influenza A Flumadene (ramantidine) 100mg bid for 5 days for influenza A Relenza (an inhaler) 2 puffs bid for 5 days for influenza A or B Tamiflu One tab bid for 5 days for influenza A or B (Tamiflu and Relenza are currently preferred due to resistance that has developed to the other antiviral agents.) There have been anecdotal reports of relapses being triggered by Hepatitis B and Rubella vaccines as well, but pneumococcal, H. influenza, and tetanus seem to be tolerated satisfactorily.