RemedySpot.com

regarding lectins

Rate this topic

Guest guest

IT WAS SAID:"All grains and legumes (beans, lentils, soy) also contain sugar proteins known as lectins. Lectins are difficult to digest and cook. Before they are absorbed in the digestive tract, lectins are known to cause digestive system inflammation. After lectins are absorbed through digestion they bind to the surface of many different types of cells throughout the body. While the details are not known, researchers state, "There is now abundant evidence that lectins can cause disease in man and animals." Research suggests arthritis, glomerulonephritis, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis, retinitis, cataracts, as well as congenital malformations, infertility, allergies, and autoimmune problems are lectin related."

I MUST AGREE in my own particular case I am gluten sensitive... so cannot eat anything with gluten at all ....... I am casen intolerant so NO MILK PRODUCTS/DAIRY at all

But I wanted to eat 'healthy' so looked into alternative grains..... and many lentils are advised.

I studied the 'correct' way in which to prepare them, as in soaking etc and still these bothered my intestines. So I soaked them for 24 hours, then 36 hours ....... all to no avail.

Seems I am intolerant to LECTINS.... ALL OF THEM, not just those found in soy!

fyi:

THE LECTIN REPORT

Krispin Sullivan, CN07/29/08

While research in lectinology is in its infancy this information is critical to your health and it is important to begin to understand lectins NOW. Read the following report carefully. I'll get specific about how this all applies to you. ALL foods contain lectins. Some are your friends, others neutral, and others your enemies. Know your lectins. Avoid your enemies.

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html