RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Perfectionism - Godsgirl

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow Cheryl,

I feel like an idiot for complaining. How gracefully you seem to have accepted what you cannot change or alter. Again and again I am hit by such courage. I am so moved by your story.

My husband and my best friend say to me all the time. "Just one day at a time , Just one day at a time." I think that is the best advice to date.

So you are my inspiration for the year ahead. Please keep in touch with us. Let us know what you are doing, how you are doing. Please enjoy you holiday time. Hope it is filled with love and hugs.

Your friend,

Urbanczyk

> >> > Feng Shui. I swear by it. I get a sort of...feeling. ..when > something is not in the correct place. When I have finally moved it > to where it is supposed to be, I immediately relax. Feng Shui is > also a good way to eliminate clutter. The rule is: you must only > keep the things in your home that you find either:

1. Useful; 2. > Beautiful; or 3. Sentimental. My husband can figure out a way to > place any object in one of those categories, but if you are honest > with yourself, it's easy to clean using that strategy.> > > > I haven't even seen your neighbor's Christmas tree, but it's > already making me a little crazy. I can so imagine that happening to > me and how it would be stressing me out; I am, therefore, thankful > that you straightened out the candy-cane issue in your driveway. ha > ha ha. We are all nuts. > > > > Pam H> > > > > > Re: e way.Re: Perfectionism

(newsletter > response) & a que> > > > > > > > Pam,> > I had a revelation about this after I got that tetnus and then > realized I was too incapacitated to function.> > I wanted things done perfect but I couldn't do them so they > didn't get done. My poor kids, God bless their souls for being so > patient with me.> > > > I just asked my kids, hey, do you want to learn to do this the > way that makes me happy. They agreed. They are perfectionists too, so > they hounded themselves about not doing it perfect. I told them just > to keep doing it and with practice they can be more proud of > themselves. I told them I didn't do it right the first hundred times > either. With that I learned patience myself. > > I realized that I had to just let it go and look at it done wrong > until

they learned to do it right, because I couldn't do it. It has > taken my kids 5 years to learn to do dishes properly, and I can > promise you it was so worth the patience. They don't always get it > perfect, but I'm not perfect so I just appreciate the fact that I > didn't have to do it. There is no more dried food on the plates > anymore, but now I am crazy about making sure they learn to load the > dishwasher perfectly. Well, not perfect, but you know, exactly the > way I think it should be loaded. HEHE.> > I have a fibro friend who lives close by and she has really been > hurting bad lately too from the weather. She commented that her tree > was decorated this year by her grandkids and she wished she hadn't > have done it but she just didn't have the energy to do it herself. > She said that my perfect tree was decorated like she would have done

> hers if she would have done it herself. It is driving her crazy to > see it. She can't change it though because the kids will have their > feelings hurt. Even the presents under my tree are color coordinated > by wrapping.> > We have candy canes that follow our driveway line that we put up > every year. There are two rows one on each side of the drive. Well, > my husband did them wrong and we ended up with one row on one side > for three days. I tried to deal with it, but I missed so much sleep > that finally I went out and changed them myself. He kept saying it > looked fine to him, but I couldn't live with it. Now there are two > rows and I am sleeping better over it.> > It is crazy the things we do. > > I do appreciate Monk and his perfectionism. I often watch the > show just to get decorating ideas. I am really bad about this.

> > I just think things function better when they all have a proper > placement. It doesn't help that I have studied Feng shui, the art of > decorating for energy placement throughout the home. It has not only > made me more aware but also has givne me a new perfectionism > perspective.> > > > Merry Christmas to all and may your christmas be organized and > beautiful.> > Stacie> >>