RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Taking your own temperature.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for the explanation . I never knew why it was done this way.

Steph

Re: Taking your own temperature.

Axillary temp is more accurate, albeit lower by about 1 degree F, because the thermometer is closer to your core (heart). Mouth temp can be varaible due to environmental issues, like breathing, drinking, etc. It's the core temp you want to monitor. In anesthesia we put a temp probe down the esophagus to be truly in the core of the body, and close to the heart. You also know of course, taking it b4 getting up so it is not influenced by muscular activity, which will elevate it. Life's journey is not to go to the grave in a perfectly preserved body, but to slide in sideways, totally worn out yelling. Good God What A Ride!!

The www.drrind.com has a digital thermometer for like $12 or so. He

tested 20 thermometers looking for accuracy so I just got that one. It

seems to work accurately even when I used to have 95.6 before taking

Armour. Armour has made a huge difference for me so now my temp is

boring like everyone else in 98 range consistently.Pam

This is what I use http://www.amazon.com/Non-mercury-Glass-Basal-Thermometer/dp/B000AYFRNG

The www.drrind.com has a digital thermometer for like $12 or so. Hetested 20 thermometers looking for accuracy so I just got that one. Itseems to work accurately even when I used to have 95.6 before takingArmour. Armour has made a huge difference for me so now my temp isboring like everyone else in 98 range consistently.Pam

Just a note about non-digital thermometers (glass oral/rectal) - they no

longer use mercury. It's a different substance. ;oD

SC

>

> Axillary temp is more accurate, albeit lower by about 1 degree F,

because the thermometer is closer to your core (heart). Mouth temp

can be varaible due to environmental issues, like breathing, drinking,

etc. It's the core temp you want to monitor. In anesthesia we put a

temp probe down the esophagus to be truly in the core of the body, and

close to the heart. You also know of course, taking it b4 getting up

so it is not influenced by muscular activity, which will elevate it.

>

>

> Life's journey is not to go to the grave in a perfectly preserved

body, but to slide in sideways, totally worn out yelling. Good God

What A Ride!!

>

Hi, thank you, and also to Ladybugs, for answering my question, sort

of. I do need more help tho:

1. Does this mean that we have to use one of those old-fashioned

mercury (GASP) thermometers, rather than the digital? Or is the

digital useful also in the armpit.

2. When you say that it is lower by c. 1 degree F compared to the

mouth method, does that mean that 97.6 is then normal? Does this

" normal " refer to first thing in the morning, no muscular activity, or

does it refer to later in the day, after you're out of bed and have

moved around a little bit?

3. Also, regarding the glass mercury thermometers: do they also have

a celsius reading? If I remember correctly, isn't 'normal' exactly

37? It is strange to me that the experts decided that an exact figure

would be normal, doncha think.

4. Hey, I'm not finished yet. Does your feeling of coldness in bed

(because of being in a mighty cold bedroom and you don't have

sufficient covers, which is my situation)affect your internal

temperature? But even so, my hands are not cold, which is supposedly

a sign of deficient thyroid.

Sorry to bother you so much. Tks. - Mrs. B.

PS. , I like your wise saying at the end of your post. That is

so true! We's all gonna die, yes, die, and the microbes are gonna eat

us up, so let's have some fun.

------------------------------------

Does anyone know where I can buy a basal temperature thermometer that isn't digital (the old-fashioned kind with mercury in it, that has a large scale in the 96-99 degree range. I think women use them to tell if they are ovulating, vaginally, for birth control)? I've tried Walmart and a couple of drug stores with no luck. Thanks. MarkFrom: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>Subject: Re: Re: Taking your own temperature.iodine Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 5:49 AM

Steph

Axillary temp is more accurate, albeit lower by about 1 degree F, because the thermometer is closer to your core (heart). Mouth temp can be varaible due to environmental issues, like breathing, drinking, etc. It's the core temp you want to monitor. In anesthesia we put a temp probe down the esophagus to be truly in the core of the body, and close to the heart. You also know of course, taking it b4 getting up so it is not influenced by muscular activity, which will elevate it. Life's journey is not to go to the grave in a perfectly preserved body, but to slide in sideways, totally worn out yelling. Good God What A Ride!!

You can't buy mercury thermometers anymore. They are illegal to mfgr. Go to Amazon.com and search for a basal thermometer. I posted a link to it earlier.

Steph

Thanks, Steph. I went ahead and ordered one. Mark

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@ sbcglobal. net>Subject: Re: Re: Taking your own temperature.iodinegroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 15, 2008, 5:49 AM

Steph

Yep that's here too. The plan is by 2010 I believe. I hate them. They burn out too fast and when they break I have a day of panic attacks. I am deathly allergic (for lack of a better term) to mercury.

Steph

>> You can't buy mercury thermometers anymore. They are illegal tomfgr. Go to Amazon.com and search for a basal thermometer. I posteda link to it earlier.> > Steph> Golly. I don't know about the USA, but in Canada they are slowlyillegalizing ordinary, old-fashioned lightbulbs and making itmandatory to only sell & manufacture the "energy-saving" coiled ones -which apparently contain mercury and are a hazard if you break them.Lord jeezus, take me now.

I don't know. I paid a lot for my recessed lighting. They were gone in 3 mos. It was bad. The issue I have with these lights are that they stay you must dispose of them "properly". That means a certified center that deals with mercury. How many people are going to take their bulbs to a center? Ours charges for delivering waste. So they will all end up in a landfill and you think we have thyroid problems now? Our kids are sick with Autism and ADD - this will trash our health. Just wait. IDIOTS!

Steph

>> Yep that's here too. The plan is by 2010 I believe. I hate them. They burn out too fast and when they break I have a day of panicattacks. I am deathly allergic (for lack of a better term) to mercury.> Hi. I heard that it's the cheap ones made in China that burn outfast. But if you don't mind paying a whole bunch more $$$ for thosebulbs made elsewhere, apparently they do last a long time. In anycase, I hate them even tho I have not tried them. I hope to round upsome money and buy a whole damn carload, and that'll see me, Godwilling, into my old age.That is terrible about your reaction to a broken bulb. Sheesh. Thegovt must have its own ulterior motives for compulsory introduction ofthese hazards. Maybe now that so many people are onto mercury in yourteeth, hey, they gotta compensate somehow, to make sure we continue toget sick + stupid.

Yes, its really horrible, and not only is it bad they contain mercury...fluorescent lighting is linked to malignant melanoma, seizures, and a host of other health problems. I am stocking up on the old fashioned incandescent bulbs before they are outlawed. I heard a news story that in England they now realize how hazardous fluorescent lighting is, that they are soon to outlaw them, don’t know if this is true or not. Stock up on incandescent bulbs, and say NO to fluorescents!

>> Yep that's here too. The plan is by 2010 I believe. I hate them. They burn out too fast and when they break I have a day of panicattacks. I am deathly allergic (for lack of a better term) to mercury.> Hi. I heard that it's the cheap ones made in China that burn outfast. But if you don't mind paying a whole bunch more $$$ for thosebulbs made elsewhere, apparently they do last a long time. In anycase, I hate them even tho I have not tried them. I hope to round upsome money and buy a whole damn carload, and that'll see me, Godwilling, into my old age.That is terrible about your reaction to a broken bulb. Sheesh. Thegovt must have its own ulterior motives for compulsory introduction ofthese hazards. Maybe now that so many people are onto mercury in yourteeth, hey, they gotta compensate somehow, to make sure we continue toget sick + stupid.

Not only do these bulbs not make much sense to me, but I thought of

something else this year while Christmas shopping.

WHAT will all the little girls do who own Easy Bake ovens??? I wanted to

get one for a gift this year but didn't because I didn't know if they

would be able to obtain replacement bulbs in a year or two.

There was a woman who had one of these bulbs break and it cost her

thousands of dollars to do an environmental cleanup. This is so silly.

Kathleen Blake wrote:

>

> Yes, its really horrible, and not only is it bad they contain

> mercury...fluorescent lighting is linked to malignant melanoma,

> seizures, and a host of other health problems. I am stocking up on the

> old fashioned incandescent bulbs before they are outlawed. I heard a

> news story that in England they now realize how hazardous fluorescent

> lighting is, that they are soon to outlaw them, don’t know if this is

> true or not. Stock up on incandescent bulbs, and say NO to fluorescents!

That's because she did the " right " thing. Most of us will not. My husband

broke a fluorescent bulb in our laundry room. I didn't know it and was in

my kitchen (next to the LR) doing some cooking / baking and I kept getting

panic attacks. I couldn't figure out why. Then my husband called me a

while later and told me he had broken a bulb. I took the rugs outside and

had to leave the doors open (in the winter) to air out the mercury vapors.

It was NASTY. Of course I cleaned it up but if I would have done what that

woman did it would have cost me thousands. How many will do this?

Steph

> Not only do these bulbs not make much sense to me, but I thought of

> something else this year while Christmas shopping.

>

> WHAT will all the little girls do who own Easy Bake ovens??? I wanted to

> get one for a gift this year but didn't because I didn't know if they

> would be able to obtain replacement bulbs in a year or two.

>

> There was a woman who had one of these bulbs break and it cost her

> thousands of dollars to do an environmental cleanup. This is so silly.

>

>

>

> Kathleen Blake wrote:

>>

>> Yes, its really horrible, and not only is it bad they contain

>> mercury...fluorescent lighting is linked to malignant melanoma,

>> seizures, and a host of other health problems. I am stocking up on the

>> old fashioned incandescent bulbs before they are outlawed. I heard a

>> news story that in England they now realize how hazardous fluorescent

>> lighting is, that they are soon to outlaw them, don’t know if this is

>> true or not. Stock up on incandescent bulbs, and say NO to fluorescents!

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

>

>

>

No one could afford to spend thousands every time a light bulb was

broken! I know we can't. My boys broke one just last night, luckily I

still have incandescents in their room.

That is awful that you get panic attacks from the stuff.

ladybugsandbees wrote:

> That's because she did the " right " thing. Most of us will not. My husband

> broke a fluorescent bulb in our laundry room. I didn't know it and was in

> my kitchen (next to the LR) doing some cooking / baking and I kept getting

> panic attacks. I couldn't figure out why. Then my husband called me a

> while later and told me he had broken a bulb. I took the rugs outside and

> had to leave the doors open (in the winter) to air out the mercury vapors.

> It was NASTY. Of course I cleaned it up but if I would have done what that

> woman did it would have cost me thousands. How many will do this?

>

> Steph

>

>

>

I had one from a lady who put on aroma therapy at the WAP Conf. It was bad! I found out that it was Tei Fu. After some searching for Celiac info I found out that Fu is another name for wheat products. I have yet to contact the company about this. I broke out in a cold sweat, pulse went to 150 BPM, I had panic attacks and it felt like the walls were closing in. I wondered if it was a bulb too but it was this stuff. When the woman left the room I was fine. She returned and it started again.

Here's the product.

http://www.naturessunshine.com/us/products/catalog/product/default.aspx?stocknum=1618

That's because she did the "right" thing. Most of us will not. My husband broke a fluorescent bulb in our laundry room. I didn't know it and was in my kitchen (next to the LR) doing some cooking / baking and I kept getting panic attacks. I couldn't figure out why.I had a panic attack on Saturday and I had no idea why. I did go to a dinner at a church in my community. I wonder if the reason I had the panic attack was because they had broken a fluorescent bulb in the building. It was really a strange, embarrassing thing for me.