RemedySpot.com

Re: iodine spot 24 hr urine test... is it worth it?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, it is worth it because if you are not absorbing iodine your first test may show a high number. This would give you a false sense of security. If you get a high number you need to take special care to assure you are getting the companion nutrients in sufficient amounts. There is a protocol. See www.breastcancerchoices.org/iprotocol

Then you need to retest your iodine in six months or a year to make sure the iodine that goes in your mouth doesn't go right through you into your urine. After a year you can re-evaluate.

The price of the test varies from free (if you are a breast cancer patient registered with Breast Cancer Choices) to over $100. Some doctors mark up the price.

But it is worth it because if you are not absorbing (from not taking the companion nutrients) you will be wasting your money on iodine.

Lynne

In a message dated 12/30/2008 1:07:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, samkauffman@... writes:

I was just wondering if this is worth it? will it tell me much? I have Hashi's and haven't started taking Iodoral yet....also, if anyone had it done, what did they pay?thanks,Sami

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.