RemedySpot.com

Re: Symptoms, Iodine? NatureThroid

Rate this topic

Guest guest

IMO you will have a lot more success with 50mg Iodoral (you will not be tired and depressed), then add naturethroid as needed. don't go back to numbnut doc.

Gracia

An interesting thing has happened. After being on iodine for a fewmonths I had periods finally normally spaced, once every 27 days orso, very little PMS, very little acne. Then I started on Nature-throidfor two months now. On 1 1/4 grain and my periods started coming onceevery 24 days -again, acne - again, PMS - a lot!I was upping my NatureThroid cause everyone (on the Hypo group) said3-5 grains is ideal.)But no one can seem to tell me when to stop. I am not even at 2 grainsyet. And as for the iodine, I went from 25mg to 37.5 today and wastired and depressed all day, so will back off to 25 again. Any adviceis welcome. The doctor who prescribed NatureThroid won't talk to meunless I pay him a couple hundred out of pocket, which I can't doright now. And he told me not to go over one grain anyway.Thank you,Ali

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1867 - Release Date: 12/28/2008 2:23 PM

>Hi Ali,

I am wondering why you started on the Nature-throid if you were having good

results

taking the iodine. Did you go by your lab results?

I know that thyroid labs can be altered for awhile (not sure how long) after

starting iodine.

But from what I remember reading, it doesn't actually mean you are hypo...the

labs might

bounce back to normal as you continue iodine.

Not everyone needs 3-5 gr...just like not everyone requires the same amount of

iodine.

There is no cookie-cutter recipe for all this.

Another thought is that as you take thyroid meds, your TSH will decrease and

your own

body will put out less of its' own hormones. In that case you would need to

increase the

thyroid meds. I would look at tsh, free t3 and free t4 and also observer your

BP, pulse,

sleeping patterns, etc to determine the medication dose. Have you tried

increasing your

Nature-throid more?

If you feel you are on enough thyroid hormones, then you may just have to wait

for your

body to even out. You have just been taking it for 2 months and your body

hasn't had

time to adjust, as I assume you have been slowing increasing the dose over these

months.

These are just some thoughts, see if anything applies to your situation. Deb

>

An interesting thing has happened. After being on iodine for a few

> months I had periods finally normally spaced, once every 27 days or

> so, very little PMS, very little acne. Then I started on Nature-throid

> for two months now. On 1 1/4 grain and my periods started coming once

> every 24 days -again, acne - again, PMS - a lot!

> I was upping my NatureThroid cause everyone (on the Hypo group) said

> 3-5 grains is ideal.)

> But no one can seem to tell me when to stop. I am not even at 2 grains

> yet. And as for the iodine, I went from 25mg to 37.5 today and was

> tired and depressed all day, so will back off to 25 again. Any advice

> is welcome. The doctor who prescribed NatureThroid won't talk to me

> unless I pay him a couple hundred out of pocket, which I can't do

> right now. And he told me not to go over one grain anyway.

> Thank you,

> Ali

>

Hi Gracia,

You know .. I agreed with your thoughts on this for a long time. I am now looking back on all of my notes/journaling over the past two years or so. I believe that it is when I moved up to the "50 mgs" of Iodoral that I began heavy duty detoxing .. that nothing would address.

My Iodoral induced heavy duty detoxing lead to weight gain, more fatigue (than I had previously) and more depression/brain fog (than I had previously).

I have just begun experimenting with dosing between 25 and 50 mgs Iodoral on alternative days. Not sure what this will produce .. but am waiting to see. I would not "recommend" this for everyone .. just thought I'd tell you what I am now trying.

I just cannot/have not .. been able to over come my detox issues (symptoms listed above) while on the 50mgs of iodine.

Just my thoughts ...

~Glo

From: Gracia <circe@...>iodine Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 12:39:41 AMSubject: Re: Symptoms, Iodine? NatureThroid

IMO you will have a lot more success with 50mg Iodoral (you will not be tired and depressed), then add naturethroid as needed. don't go back to numbnut doc.

Gracia

An interesting thing has happened. After being on iodine for a fewmonths I had periods finally normally spaced, once every 27 days orso, very little PMS, very little acne. Then I started on Nature-throidfor two months now. On 1 1/4 grain and my periods started coming onceevery 24 days -again, acne - again, PMS - a lot!I was upping my NatureThroid cause everyone (on the Hypo group) said3-5 grains is ideal.)But no one can seem to tell me when to stop. I am not even at 2 grainsyet. And as for the iodine, I went from 25mg to 37.5 today and wastired and depressed all day, so will back off to 25 again. Any adviceis welcome. The doctor who prescribed NatureThroid won't talk to meunless I pay him a couple hundred out of pocket, which I can't doright now. And he told me not to go over one grain anyway.Thank you,Ali

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1867 - Release Date: 12/28/2008 2:23 PM

I will try 50 iodoral It's just that when I did it twice in one week previously I got liverpain all the next day, and a serious headache, even with the salt loading.I was pretty much non functioning.But will try it again.As for the doc. I will stay away from him but I do need himto prescribe NatureThroid for me. It took away my Chronic Fatiguewhich made life unbearable on & off for a couple of years.Thank you so much.AliOn Dec 28, 2008, at 9:39 PM, Gracia wrote: IMO you will have a lot more success with 50mg Iodoral (you will not be tired and depressed), then add naturethroid as needed.  don't go back to numbnut doc.GraciaAn interesting thing has happened. After being on iodine for a fewmonths I had periods finally normally spaced, once every 27 days orso, very little PMS, very little acne. Then I started on Nature-throidfor two months now. On 1 1/4 grain and my periods started coming onceevery 24 days -again, acne - again, PMS - a lot!I was upping my NatureThroid cause everyone (on the Hypo group) said3-5 grains is ideal.)But no one can seem to tell me when to stop. I am not even at 2 grainsyet. And as for the iodine, I went from 25mg to 37.5 today and wastired and depressed all day, so will back off to 25 again. Any adviceis welcome. The doctor who prescribed NatureThroid won't talk to meunless I pay him a couple hundred out of pocket, which I can't doright now. And he told me not to go over one grain anyway.Thank you,AliNo virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1867 - Release Date: 12/28/2008 2:23 PM

yes I think NT will help you but you will need an adequate dose.

have you looked at http://www.fibromyalgiarecovery.com ?

Gracia

I will try 50 iodoral It's just that when I did it twice in one week previously I got liver

pain all the next day, and a serious headache, even with the salt loading.

I was pretty much non functioning.

But will try it again.

As for the doc. I will stay away from him but I do need him

to prescribe NatureThroid for me. It took away my Chronic Fatigue

which made life unbearable on & off for a couple of years.

Thank you so much.

Ali

On Dec 28, 2008, at 9:39 PM, Gracia wrote:

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1868 - Release Date: 12/29/2008 10:48 AM

Thanks Deb.Because of my Chronic Fatigue/energy which it has really improved, (is why I started NatThroid.)My labs on 9/16/08 were:Estradiol - 3.2ok Range 1.3-3.3 NormalProgest.  - 74L 200-3000 lowRatio pg/e2 - 23 100-500 lowTestos.    - 48ok 16-55 normalDHEAS - 13.7 2-23 normalCort/AM - 11.3H 3.7-9.5 highCort/noon - 1.9ok 1.2-3.0 normalCort/eve - 1.0ok 0.6-1.9 normalCort/night - 0.9ok 0.4-1.0 normal?Free T4 - 0.7ok 0.7-2.5 lowFree T3 - 2.6ok 2.5-6.5 lowTSH - 1.6ok 0.5-3.0 normal?TPO - 38ok 0-150 normal?VitD, D2 - 1ok <5 lowVitD, D3 - 27L 32-100 lowVitD, Total - 28 32-100 lowOne reason why I feel I don't have enough thyroid hormones is becausemy adrenals are still achy when I get hungry, even though I take Ashwa. & desiccated adrenal (Standard Process). (These would assist the cortisol/adrenals.)Also I am taking about 3400IU a day of D. Is that enough? Too much?The Tongkat Ali I take has helped my testosterone.I assume the Nat.Throid helps the Progest, T4 & T3.Also I have low iron - 20. Which I will begin to take soon, as I have ordered it.Thank you for all your help.AliPS. Would the Natural Thyroid group be of assistance?On Dec 29, 2008, at 5:07 AM, migde12000 wrote:>Hi Ali,I am wondering why you started on the Nature-throid if you were having good results taking the iodine. Did you go by your lab results? I know that thyroid labs can be altered for awhile (not sure how long) after starting iodine. But from what I remember reading, it doesn't actually mean you are hypo...the labs might bounce back to normal as you continue iodine. Not everyone needs 3-5 gr...just like not everyone requires the same amount of iodine. There is no cookie-cutter recipe for all this. Another thought is that as you take thyroid meds, your TSH will decrease and your own body will put out less of its' own hormones. In that case you would need to increase the thyroid meds. I would look at tsh, free t3 and free t4 and also observer your BP, pulse, sleeping patterns, etc to determine the medication dose. Have you tried increasing your Nature-throid more? If you feel you are on enough thyroid hormones, then you may just have to wait for your body to even out. You have just been taking it for 2 months and your body hasn't had time to adjust, as I assume you have been slowing increasing the dose over these 2 months. These are just some thoughts, see if anything applies to your situation. Deb>An interesting thing has happened. After being on iodine for a few> months I had periods finally normally spaced, once every 27 days or> so, very little PMS, very little acne. Then I started on Nature-throid> for two months now. On 1 1/4 grain and my periods started coming once> every 24 days -again, acne - again, PMS - a lot!> I was upping my NatureThroid cause everyone (on the Hypo group) said> 3-5 grains is ideal.)> But no one can seem to tell me when to stop. I am not even at 2 grains> yet. And as for the iodine, I went from 25mg to 37.5 today and was> tired and depressed all day, so will back off to 25 again. Any advice> is welcome. The doctor who prescribed NatureThroid won't talk to me> unless I pay him a couple hundred out of pocket, which I can't do> right now. And he told me not to go over one grain anyway.> Thank you,> Ali>

> > >Hi Ali,

> >

> > I am wondering why you started on the Nature-throid if you were

> > having good results

> > taking the iodine. Did you go by your lab results?

> >

> > I know that thyroid labs can be altered for awhile (not sure how

> > long) after starting iodine.

> > But from what I remember reading, it doesn't actually mean you are

> > hypo...the labs might

> > bounce back to normal as you continue iodine.

> >

> > Not everyone needs 3-5 gr...just like not everyone requires the

> > same amount of iodine.

> > There is no cookie-cutter recipe for all this.

> >

> > Another thought is that as you take thyroid meds, your TSH will

> > decrease and your own

> > body will put out less of its' own hormones. In that case you would

> > need to increase the

> > thyroid meds. I would look at tsh, free t3 and free t4 and also

> > observer your BP, pulse,

> > sleeping patterns, etc to determine the medication dose. Have you

> > tried increasing your

> > Nature-throid more?

> >

> > If you feel you are on enough thyroid hormones, then you may just

> > have to wait for your

> > body to even out. You have just been taking it for 2 months and

> > your body hasn't had

> > time to adjust, as I assume you have been slowing increasing the

> > dose over these 2

> > months.

> >

> > These are just some thoughts, see if anything applies to your

> > situation. Deb

> > >

> >

> > An interesting thing has happened. After being on iodine for a few

> > > months I had periods finally normally spaced, once every 27 days or

> > > so, very little PMS, very little acne. Then I started on Nature-

> > throid

> > > for two months now. On 1 1/4 grain and my periods started coming

> > once

> > > every 24 days -again, acne - again, PMS - a lot!

> > > I was upping my NatureThroid cause everyone (on the Hypo group) said

> > > 3-5 grains is ideal.)

> > > But no one can seem to tell me when to stop. I am not even at 2

> > grains

> > > yet. And as for the iodine, I went from 25mg to 37.5 today and was

> > > tired and depressed all day, so will back off to 25 again. Any

> > advice

> > > is welcome. The doctor who prescribed NatureThroid won't talk to me

> > > unless I pay him a couple hundred out of pocket, which I can't do

> > > right now. And he told me not to go over one grain anyway.

> > > Thank you,

> > > Ali

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Yes, the labs were from 9/08 &  I started NT in 10/08.Am I to understand that symptoms returning is a normal part of recovery?I will start on 5000 D. I stopped natural prog. cream because I guessed that to fix my thyroid w/iodine & NTwould balance my prog. No?AliOn Dec 30, 2008, at 4:35 AM, migde12000 wrote:> > >Hi Ali,> >> > I am wondering why you started on the Nature-throid if you were > > having good results> > taking the iodine. Did you go by your lab results?> >> > I know that thyroid labs can be altered for awhile (not sure how > > long) after starting iodine.> > But from what I remember reading, it doesn't actually mean you are > > hypo...the labs might> > bounce back to normal as you continue iodine.> >> > Not everyone needs 3-5 gr...just like not everyone requires the > > same amount of iodine.> > There is no cookie-cutter recipe for all this.> >> > Another thought is that as you take thyroid meds, your TSH will > > decrease and your own> > body will put out less of its' own hormones. In that case you would > > need to increase the> > thyroid meds. I would look at tsh, free t3 and free t4 and also > > observer your BP, pulse,> > sleeping patterns, etc to determine the medication dose. Have you > > tried increasing your> > Nature-throid more?> >> > If you feel you are on enough thyroid hormones, then you may just > > have to wait for your> > body to even out. You have just been taking it for 2 months and > > your body hasn't had> > time to adjust, as I assume you have been slowing increasing the > > dose over these 2> > months.> >> > These are just some thoughts, see if anything applies to your > > situation. Deb> > >> >> > An interesting thing has happened. After being on iodine for a few> > > months I had periods finally normally spaced, once every 27 days or> > > so, very little PMS, very little acne. Then I started on Nature- > > throid> > > for two months now. On 1 1/4 grain and my periods started coming > > once> > > every 24 days -again, acne - again, PMS - a lot!> > > I was upping my NatureThroid cause everyone (on the Hypo group) said> > > 3-5 grains is ideal.)> > > But no one can seem to tell me when to stop. I am not even at 2 > > grains> > > yet. And as for the iodine, I went from 25mg to 37.5 today and was> > > tired and depressed all day, so will back off to 25 again. Any > > advice> > > is welcome. The doctor who prescribed NatureThroid won't talk to me> > > unless I pay him a couple hundred out of pocket, which I can't do> > > right now. And he told me not to go over one grain anyway.> > > Thank you,> > > Ali> > >> >> >> >>