RemedySpot.com

Re: I'm new and have a couple questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh you give me such hope. I do feel physically better, but my neck is feeling a little sore. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse. I didn't feel this yesterday. I'm just taking the kelp at the moment. I might try other types if this gives me enough relief in other ways. I'm on levoxyl and I should be taking Cytomel, but I'm waiting for my insurance to change before I get that again. My doctor won't give me Armour and I have an HMO and can't afford a napropath.

In a message dated 12/1/2008 2:52:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, lpiwowarski@... writes:

Me! Since I have started back on Iodoral my hands and feet are warmer. I never had neck tenderness in my life. There was a period that I didn't want to wear necklaces because my neck felt full though. It feels fine now even on Iodoral.I was told I had fibromyalgia and CFS too, but funny that the symptoms went away completely when I found a doctor who is competent with Armour and treats adrenal fatigue. Are you on Armour or natural dessicated thyroid? Are you taking all the complementary supplements like Vitamin C, sea salt, etc.?tyblossom@... wrote:>> Does anyone here take Iodine and have Hashimoto's thyroiditis? Please > tell me your experience with it. I have fibromyalgia and I believe I > feel that those pains are better along with dry skin is better and > stomach is better, but neck is tender.>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------> ------------------------------------

What would be the reason my throat is getting sore though? Will that go away? Thanks for your info.

In a message dated 12/1/2008 3:25:23 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ladybugsandbees@... writes:

You don't want to take Kelp. Kelp is known to be high in arsenic and can contain many toxic halides as well. It is not your best option for thyroid health.

Oh you give me such hope. I do feel physically better, but my neck is feeling a little sore. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse. I didn't feel this yesterday. I'm just taking the kelp at the moment. I might try other types if this gives me enough relief in other ways. I'm on levoxyl and I should be taking Cytomel, but I'm waiting for my insurance to change before I get that again. My doctor won't give me Armour and I have an HMO and can't afford a napropath.

In a message dated 12/1/2008 2:52:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, lpiwowarskilocalnet writes:

Me! Since I have started back on Iodoral my hands and feet are warmer. I never had neck tenderness in my life. There was a period that I didn't want to wear necklaces because my neck felt full though. It feels fine now even on Iodoral.I was told I had fibromyalgia and CFS too, but funny that the symptoms went away completely when I found a doctor who is competent with Armour and treats adrenal fatigue. Are you on Armour or natural dessicated thyroid? Are you taking all the complementary supplements like Vitamin C, sea salt, etc.?tyblossomaol wrote:>> Does anyone here take Iodine and have Hashimoto's thyroiditis? Please > tell me your experience with it. I have fibromyalgia and I believe I > feel that those pains are better along with dry skin is better and > stomach is better, but neck is tender.>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------> ------------------------------------

Thanks for the info. I want to give this a couple days to see how I feel before I add anything. I might reduce the amount tomorrow to see if my pain is still less, skin still not itchy, feel warm hands and feet etc. but without the neck tenderness.

In a message dated 12/1/2008 3:32:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ladybugsandbees@... writes:

Sometimes the thyroid swells to capture the increase amount of iodine passing through. It usually subsides. Taking Vit C, Selenium, Magnesium and Celtic Salt will help it. www.naturalthyroidchoices.com is my website and there is a page for thyroid nutrients.

Steph

In a message dated 12/1/2008 2:52:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, lpiwowarskilocalnet writes:

Me! Since I have started back on Iodoral my hands and feet are warmer. I never had neck tenderness in my life. There was a period that I didn't want to wear necklaces because my neck felt full though. It feels fine now even on Iodoral.I was told I had fibromyalgia and CFS too, but funny that the symptoms went away completely when I found a doctor who is competent with Armour and treats adrenal fatigue. Are you on Armour or natural dessicated thyroid? Are you taking all the complementary supplements like Vitamin C, sea salt, etc.?tyblossomaol wrote:>> Does anyone here take Iodine and have Hashimoto's thyroiditis? Please > tell me your experience with it. I have fibromyalgia and I believe I > feel that those pains are better along with dry skin is better and > stomach is better, but neck is tender.>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------> ------------------------------------

Oh good, I hope I get better. My neck is already feeling better. It was about 2-3 hours of being pretty tender. I might just try taking half a pill tomorrow at two times during the day. We just switched from a PPO to an HMO because of cost. The doctor I see now is the one that's helped me with disability and also she's someone I feel comfortable with. So for now I'm going to stay with her. If I can't find answers myself, I might switch in a few months to another primary if they are a napropath.

Thanks again.

In a message dated 12/1/2008 4:32:36 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, lpiwowarski@... writes:

It takes time to get better. At one point I was so debilitated I couldn't drive myself to a doctor's appointment in another city. I was falling asleep while reading aloud to my children.I am sorry you have a HMO, sometimes they can be really difficult to get the care you need. Are you stuck with that doctor? Is there any way you can elect a different insurance? I know that our insurance is in open enrollment right now and we can choose a different one if we want. It makes all the difference in the world to have the right doc. I am paying out of pocket because the one I go to doesn't participate in our insurance, but we are probably saving money in the long run. I was having to have all kinds of tests with the doctor I fired. That was almost 2 years ago. He made me sicker on Synthroid - my story is on STTM. There is much more to thyroid that taking a pill or two. It is all up to you, read all you can find and search out the people you need to take care of you! Start by reading www.stopthethyroidmadness.com, and also get Dr. Brownstein's book on iodine. tyblossom@... wrote:>> Oh you give me such hope. I do feel physically better, but my neck is > feeling a little sore. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse. I didn't feel > this yesterday. I'm just taking the kelp at the moment. I might try > other types if this gives me enough relief in other ways. I'm on > levoxyl and I should be taking Cytomel, but I'm waiting for my > insurance to change before I get that again. My doctor won't give me > Armour and I have an HMO and can't afford a napropath.> > > >> ------------------------------------

thanks Vicki, I'm hoping that's what it is too.

In a message dated 12/1/2008 5:37:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, vsloss1@... writes:

2-When I started iodoral last spring,I had a very warm, full feeling inmy throat area for about a week. I think it was my thyroid waking upand noticing the iodine! Hope your sore throat quiets down soon.Joyfully,Vicki> >> > Does anyone here take Iodine and have Hashimoto'sthyroiditis? Please > > tell me your experience with it. I have fibromyalgia and Ibelieve I > > feel that those pains are better along with dry skin isbetter and > > stomach is better, but neck is tender.> >> >> >> >------------------------------------------------------------------------> > > > ------------------------------------> > > > >

Me! Since I have started back on Iodoral my hands and feet are warmer.

I never had neck tenderness in my life. There was a period that I

didn't want to wear necklaces because my neck felt full though. It

feels fine now even on Iodoral.

I was told I had fibromyalgia and CFS too, but funny that the symptoms

went away completely when I found a doctor who is competent with Armour

and treats adrenal fatigue.

Are you on Armour or natural dessicated thyroid? Are you taking all the

complementary supplements like Vitamin C, sea salt, etc.?

tyblossom@... wrote:

>

> Does anyone here take Iodine and have Hashimoto's thyroiditis? Please

> tell me your experience with it. I have fibromyalgia and I believe I

> feel that those pains are better along with dry skin is better and

> stomach is better, but neck is tender.

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>

http://www.fibromyalgiarecovery.com

Does anyone here take Iodine and have Hashimoto's thyroiditis? Please tell me your experience with it. I have fibromyalgia and I believe I feel that those pains are better along with dry skin is better and stomach is better, but neck is tender.

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1823 - Release Date: 12/1/2008 7:59 PM

My husband takes 50 mgs Iodoral. When he raised to 50 mgs from 37.5 he was able to get rid of his antibodies. He is doing great. Takes selenium, magnesium, Vit C and Celtic Salt too.

I'm new and have a couple questions

Does anyone here take Iodine and have Hashimoto's thyroiditis? Please tell me your experience with it. I have fibromyalgia and I believe I feel that those pains are better along with dry skin is better and stomach is better, but neck is tender.

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

You don't want to take Kelp. Kelp is known to be high in arsenic and can contain many toxic halides as well. It is not your best option for thyroid health.

Sometimes the thyroid swells to capture the increase amount of iodine passing through. It usually subsides. Taking Vit C, Selenium, Magnesium and Celtic Salt will help it. www.naturalthyroidchoices.com is my website and there is a page for thyroid nutrients.

Steph

It takes time to get better. At one point I was so debilitated I

couldn't drive myself to a doctor's appointment in another city. I was

falling asleep while reading aloud to my children.

I am sorry you have a HMO, sometimes they can be really difficult to get

the care you need. Are you stuck with that doctor? Is there any way

you can elect a different insurance? I know that our insurance is in

open enrollment right now and we can choose a different one if we want.

It makes all the difference in the world to have the right doc. I am

paying out of pocket because the one I go to doesn't participate in our

insurance, but we are probably saving money in the long run. I was

having to have all kinds of tests with the doctor I fired. That was

almost 2 years ago. He made me sicker on Synthroid - my story is on STTM.

There is much more to thyroid that taking a pill or two. It is all up

to you, read all you can find and search out the people you need to take

care of you! Start by reading www.stopthethyroidmadness.com, and also

get Dr. Brownstein's book on iodine.

tyblossom@... wrote:

>

> Oh you give me such hope. I do feel physically better, but my neck is

> feeling a little sore. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse. I didn't feel

> this yesterday. I'm just taking the kelp at the moment. I might try

> other types if this gives me enough relief in other ways. I'm on

> levoxyl and I should be taking Cytomel, but I'm waiting for my

> insurance to change before I get that again. My doctor won't give me

> Armour and I have an HMO and can't afford a napropath.

>

>

>

>

>

2-

When I started iodoral last spring,I had a very warm, full feeling in

my throat area for about a week. I think it was my thyroid waking up

and noticing the iodine! Hope your sore throat quiets down soon.

Joyfully,

Vicki

> >

> > Does anyone here take Iodine and have Hashimoto's

thyroiditis? Please

> > tell me your experience with it. I have fibromyalgia and I

believe I

> > feel that those pains are better along with dry skin is

better and

> > stomach is better, but neck is tender.

> >

> >

> >

> >

------------------------------------------------------------------------

> >

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

>

>

>

Would you say your fibro is gone now? Or are you saying you still have it, but you have more energy? I really don't have an energy problem, mine is that I'm weak in the arms and legs and feel body aches like the flu. I don't seem to have the CFS problems some do.

In a message dated 12/2/2008 2:15:56 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, fibrojay@... writes:

I have Hashimoto's and had Fibromyalgia before getting on an adequate dosage of Armour -- six grains. I now take 50 mg Iodoral and have more energy too. Fibrojay >> Does anyone here take Iodine and have Hashimoto's thyroiditis? Please tell > me your experience with it. I have fibromyalgia and I believe I feel that those > pains are better along with dry skin is better and stomach is better, but > neck is tender. > >------------------------------------

Thanks for the suggestion on the loderal. I will try it if I notice anything with this iodine. I agree about doctors. I know they must be overwhelmed with sick people these days, but it just seems they don't cure anyone anymore and are more like a social worker. They listen and then give you a shiney green pill or blue pill till the next time you come.

I've taken iodine for two days and I'm not sure I'm feeling good. I think most of it is my neck and the pressure there.

In a message dated 12/2/2008 3:00:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, lpiwowarski@... writes:

Well, I think you should switch from kelp to Iodoral. It is expensive but worth it to not get the arsenic and other possible contaminants! If you order it from breastcancerchoices.org it is cheaper. There seemed to be a break through spot where my health improved when I got to 50 mg and stayed there a while, but I had some problems with headaches and feeling yucky for a couple weeks. The sea salt and other supplements help.There is always the hope that you can educate your doctor, it's been known to happen! You are the customer, and if you have the right attitude of being a participant in your health care some doctors respond well to that. It can be very touchy though. I am a RN and lost a good doctor because he was stubborn and so was I. But, it's my health and he was not seeing things the way I was. He insisted that I follow a diet and medication regimen that had harmed me in the past and I know he was wrong, so I moved on.tyblossom@... wrote:>> Oh good, I hope I get better. My neck is already feeling better. It > was about 2-3 hours of being pretty tender. I might just try taking > half a pill tomorrow at two times during the day. We just switched > from a PPO to an HMO because of cost. The doctor I see now is the one > that's helped me with disability and also she's someone I feel > comfortable with. So for now I'm going to stay with her. If I can't > find answers myself, I might switch in a few months to another primary > if they are a napropath.> > Thanks again.> >> ------------------------------------

Thanks for the info

In a message dated 12/2/2008 6:31:10 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, fibrojay@... writes:

>> Would you say your fibro is gone now? Or are you saying you still have it, > but you have more energy? I really don't have an energy problem, mine is that > I'm weak in the arms and legs and feel body aches like the flu. I don't seem > to have the CFS problems some do. ------------I would say that my fibromyalgia was a result of long-undiagnosed Hashi's and now that I am on sufficient thyroid meds, my fibromyalgia is well controlled. As I said, I haven't had a fibro-crash -- bedridden with pain -- for over two years. I do notice that when I overdo I still take longer to come back and areas that were sore when under a fibro attack are the first to get sore again. I was never diagnosed with chronic fatigue, although constant pain was the equivalent. I am a regular practitioner of yoga, something I continued with moderation and modification even when I was in severe pain, and I am convinced that that has helped with the fibromyalgia. I recommend Iyengar yoga, which is taught my teachers more medically aware than some. Fibrojay ------------------------------------

I have Hashimoto's and had Fibromyalgia before getting on an adequate

dosage of Armour -- six grains. I now take 50 mg Iodoral and have more

energy too. Fibrojay

>

> Does anyone here take Iodine and have Hashimoto's thyroiditis? Please

tell

> me your experience with it. I have fibromyalgia and I believe I feel

that those

> pains are better along with dry skin is better and stomach is

better, but

> neck is tender.

> >

>

> Would you say your fibro is gone now? Or are you saying you still

have it,

> but you have more energy? I really don't have an energy problem, mine

is that

> I'm weak in the arms and legs and feel body aches like the flu. I

don't seem

> to have the CFS problems some do.

------------

I would say that my fibromyalgia was a result of long-undiagnosed

Hashi's and now that I am on sufficient thyroid meds, my fibromyalgia

is well controlled. As I said, I haven't had a fibro-crash --

bedridden with pain -- for over two years.

I do notice that when I overdo I still take longer to come back and

areas that were sore when under a fibro attack are the first to get

sore again.

I was never diagnosed with chronic fatigue, although constant pain was

the equivalent.

I am a regular practitioner of yoga, something I continued with

moderation and modification even when I was in severe pain, and I am

convinced that that has helped with the fibromyalgia. I recommend

Iyengar yoga, which is taught my teachers more medically aware than

some.

Fibrojay