RemedySpot.com

Racing heart/temps

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Steph:

I would like your opinion on something. I went to see my ND a couple of weeks ago. I had been feeling well, except my heart felt like it was racing from 6pm to about 9pm. each day for the past few days. The only thing I had done differently was up my dose of Iodoral from 25mgs. to 37.5. The doctor suggested that I lower my Armour from 180mgs. to 150. He also expressed some concern about me taking that much Iodoral. He is a big supporter of Dr. Brownstein so I thought he would know more about the whole bromide issue. He had suggested 12.5mg to help my thyroid when I first met with him a little of a yr. ago.

I also asked him if getting my temps up to 98.6 was a big deal since the most mine have risen is to 97.6 but that is not even every day. Most days my temps avg. 97.1. He said that it is not such a big deal if I am feeling well. I am wondering what that tells us if our temps do not go up. Is it that our thyroid is not functioning the way it should?

Back to the racing heart. I lowered the dose of Armour, it did not help. I then lowered the Iodoral to 25mgs., did not help. I finally stopped the Iodoral this week and am still on the 150mgs. of Armour. My heart finally stopped racing.

I do intend to begin the Iodoral again next week. I read on this site that some people pulse dose or take a break from it. I am finding this helpful. I am still doing the salt loading and taking the other supplements you suggested even though I stopped the Iodoral this week. Is that correct? When I start up again do you think I should continue where I left off or begin with 12.5mgs. and go from there?

Thanks for any advice you can offer. I am still trying to learn about all of this.

My guess is that it is adrenals. I used to get those racing heart episodes when my adrenals were struggling. I would take Magnesium, Celtic Salt and Vit C and it would quit. Sometimes pushing the iodine will stress the adrenals. I am a believer that you need to get that temp up to normal and getting the adrenals in line will allow you to get enough iodine and armour to do that. You probably are detoxing which stresses the adrenals.

Racing heart/temps

Hi Steph:

I would like your opinion on something. I went to see my ND a couple of weeks ago. I had been feeling well, except my heart felt like it was racing from 6pm to about 9pm. each day for the past few days. The only thing I had done differently was up my dose of Iodoral from 25mgs. to 37.5. The doctor suggested that I lower my Armour from 180mgs. to 150. He also expressed some concern about me taking that much Iodoral. He is a big supporter of Dr. Brownstein so I thought he would know more about the whole bromide issue. He had suggested 12.5mg to help my thyroid when I first met with him a little of a yr. ago.

I also asked him if getting my temps up to 98.6 was a big deal since the most mine have risen is to 97.6 but that is not even every day. Most days my temps avg. 97.1. He said that it is not such a big deal if I am feeling well. I am wondering what that tells us if our temps do not go up. Is it that our thyroid is not functioning the way it should?

Back to the racing heart. I lowered the dose of Armour, it did not help. I then lowered the Iodoral to 25mgs., did not help. I finally stopped the Iodoral this week and am still on the 150mgs. of Armour. My heart finally stopped racing.

I do intend to begin the Iodoral again next week. I read on this site that some people pulse dose or take a break from it. I am finding this helpful. I am still doing the salt loading and taking the other supplements you suggested even though I stopped the Iodoral this week. Is that correct? When I start up again do you think I should continue where I left off or begin with 12.5mgs. and go from there?

Thanks for any advice you can offer. I am still trying to learn about all of this.

Thank you so much for your responses Steph. As a matter of fact my ND said I am to increase my DHEA to 30mg. So are you saying if my adrenals come up my body can utilize the iodine and armour better and then my temps will come up?

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>Subject: Re: Racing heart/tempsiodine Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 6:33 PM

My guess is that it is adrenals. I used to get those racing heart episodes when my adrenals were struggling. I would take Magnesium, Celtic Salt and Vit C and it would quit. Sometimes pushing the iodine will stress the adrenals. I am a believer that you need to get that temp up to normal and getting the adrenals in line will allow you to get enough iodine and armour to do that. You probably are detoxing which stresses the adrenals.

Racing heart/temps

Hi Steph:

Yes.

Racing heart/temps

Hi Steph:

One area to look into is adrenal fatigue. As the day wears on, someone

with low cortisol will have there levels drop so low later afternoon

that the body will supply adrenalin instead. THAT will increase your

heart rate and blood pressure, but it might not do anything energy wise.

There are a number of people on the adrenal that

" crash " in the later afternoon with heart rate and palpitation issues.

I have this problem regularly and it was occuring long before I ever

started taking any iodine. I did 50 mg/day for 3 months and then

switched to 12.5 mg/day but the crashing and elevated pulse occurs late

afternoon/early evening with apparent no influence one way or the other

by iodine supplementation.

Steve

M. wrote:

> Hi Steph:

>

> I would like your opinion on something. I went to see my ND a couple of

> weeks ago. I had been feeling well, except my heart felt like it was

> racing from 6pm to about 9pm. each day for the past few days. The only

> thing I had done differently was up my dose of Iodoral from 25mgs. to

> 37.5. The doctor suggested that I lower my Armour from 180mgs. to 150.

> He also expressed some concern about me taking that much Iodoral. He is

> a big supporter of Dr. Brownstein so I thought he would know more about

> the whole bromide issue. He had suggested 12.5mg to help my thyroid

> when I first met with him a little of a yr. ago.

>

> I also asked him if getting my temps up to 98.6 was a big deal since the

> most mine have risen is to 97.6 but that is not even every day. Most

> days my temps avg. 97.1. He said that it is not such a big deal if I am

> feeling well. I am wondering what that tells us if our temps do not go

> up. Is it that our thyroid is not functioning the way it should?

>

> Back to the racing heart. I lowered the dose of Armour, it did not

> help. I then lowered the Iodoral to 25mgs., did not help. I finally

> stopped the Iodoral this week and am still on the 150mgs. of Armour. My

> heart finally stopped racing.

>

> I do intend to begin the Iodoral again next week. I read on this site

> that some people pulse dose or take a break from it. I am finding this

> helpful. I am still doing the salt loading and taking the other

> supplements you suggested even though I stopped the Iodoral this week.

> Is that correct? When I start up again do you think I should continue

> where I left off or begin with 12.5mgs. and go from there?

>

> Thanks for any advice you can offer. I am still trying to learn about

> all of this.

>

>

--

Steve - dudescholar4@...

Take World's Smallest Political Quiz at

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

" If a thousand old beliefs were ruined on our march

to truth we must still march on. " --Stopford

Steve what are you doing then for your heart palps? Have you found anything that works for you? My latest labs at the end of Oct. had my Cortisol, total, serum at 14.9. It doesn't list the ranges on the lab resport though. The test was taken at 10:00a.m.

> Hi Steph:> > I would like your opinion on something. I went to see my ND a couple of > weeks ago. I had been feeling well, except my

heart felt like it was > racing from 6pm to about 9pm. each day for the past few days. The only > thing I had done differently was up my dose of Iodoral from 25mgs. to > 37.5. The doctor suggested that I lower my Armour from 180mgs. to 150. > He also expressed some concern about me taking that much Iodoral. He is > a big supporter of Dr. Brownstein so I thought he would know more about > the whole bromide issue. He had suggested 12.5mg to help my thyroid > when I first met with him a little of a yr. ago.> > I also asked him if getting my temps up to 98.6 was a big deal since the > most mine have risen is to 97.6 but that is not even every day. Most > days my temps avg. 97.1. He said that it is not such a big deal if I am > feeling well. I am wondering what that tells us if our temps do not go > up. Is it that our thyroid is not functioning the way it

should?> > Back to the racing heart. I lowered the dose of Armour, it did not > help. I then lowered the Iodoral to 25mgs., did not help. I finally > stopped the Iodoral this week and am still on the 150mgs. of Armour. My > heart finally stopped racing. > > I do intend to begin the Iodoral again next week. I read on this site > that some people pulse dose or take a break from it. I am finding this > helpful. I am still doing the salt loading and taking the other > supplements you suggested even though I stopped the Iodoral this week. > Is that correct? When I start up again do you think I should continue > where I left off or begin with 12.5mgs. and go from there?> > Thanks for any advice you can offer. I am still trying to learn about > all of this. > > -- Steve - dudescholar4@ basicmail. netTake World's Smallest Political Quiz athttp://www.theadvoc ates.org/ quiz.html"If a thousand old beliefs were ruined on our marchto truth we must still march on." --Stopford

I take 640 mg/day of magnesium (from 4000 mg of magnesium citrate which

is 16% magnesium) and I used to take 900-1200 mg/day of CoQ10. I now

take a lot more CoQ10 but I'm trying to get my blood levels above the

high end of the current lab reference range.

Currently, I'm taking Hydrocortisone for adrenal fatigue and that is

somewhat helpful for the afternoon crash. 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a

glass of water gives some improvement as well.

I had an " AM " and " PM " cortisol blood draw and both were in the lab's

reference range. I also did a four sample saliva test which defines the

ranges for each sample taken during the day to produce a diurnal

pattern. I was low for all four samples. There are labs where you can

order this for yourself. There are some doctors, not a lot, that will

order and use saliva tests.

Here's some graphs on low cortisol.

http://www.chronicfatigue.org/ASI%207.html

Steve

M. wrote:

> Steve what are you doing then for your heart palps? Have you found

> anything that works for you? My latest labs at the end of Oct. had my

> Cortisol, total, serum at 14.9. It doesn't list the ranges on the lab

> resport though. The test was taken at 10:00a.m.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> From: Steve <dudescholar4@...>

> Subject: Re: Racing heart/temps

> iodine

> Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 7:41 PM

>

> One area to look into is adrenal fatigue. As the day wears on, someone

> with low cortisol will have there levels drop so low later afternoon

> that the body will supply adrenalin instead. THAT will increase your

> heart rate and blood pressure, but it might not do anything energy

> wise.

> There are a number of people on the adrenal that

> " crash " in the later afternoon with heart rate and palpitation issues.

>

> I have this problem regularly and it was occurring long before I ever

> started taking any iodine. I did 50 mg/day for 3 months and then

> switched to 12.5 mg/day but the crashing and elevated pulse occurs late

> afternoon/early evening with apparent no influence one way or the other

> by iodine supplementation.

>

> Steve

--

Steve - dudescholar4@...

Take World's Smallest Political Quiz at

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html