RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: How does Preganancy Effect Fibrocystic Breast Diseaase?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My guess is that it would get worse without iodine. Because the prolactin concentrates the iodine in the ducts for the baby it would be pulling from the tissues.

How long have you been supplementing with iodine. The other issue (as I posted earlier) is the bromide toxicity that it will cross the placenta as well as enter the milk and poison the baby. Dr. A recommends (as do most doctors doing iodine) that you get rid of the bromide before getting pregnant. I would recommend doing a bromide / loading test.

Steph

Re: How does Preganancy Effect Fibrocystic Breast Diseaase?

OOPs - I chopped off half a sentence in my last post so it didn't quite make sense. It was supposed to say I specifically wanted to know the effect of pregnancy (and breastfeeding) on FBD - with or without iodine. Does breast feeding help to soften the lumps or get them out?

Before I discovered iodine and became pregnant I was nautiousthe entire 9  months and then for the first 3-4 months of nursinghad mastitis, and milk fever twice.My nipples were bloody but I had to continue to nurse.It felt like a rat was eating my flesh. Not to begross, but that was literally my experience.I cried & cried, massaged, did compresses andtried many more things. I ended up nursingfor a long time, over two years. Am I to assume thatthis was a result of iodine deficiency some how?Ali On Nov 22, 2008, at 7:20 AM, ladybugsandbees wrote:My guess is that it would get worse without iodine.  Because the prolactin concentrates the iodine in the ducts for the baby it would be pulling from the tissues.  How long have you been supplementing with iodine.  The other issue (as I posted earlier) is the bromide toxicity that it will cross the placenta as well as enter the milk and poison the baby.  Dr. A recommends (as do most doctors doing iodine) that you get rid of the bromide before getting pregnant.  I would recommend doing a bromide / loading test. Steph   Re: How does Preganancy Effect Fibrocystic Breast Diseaase?OOPs - I chopped off half a sentence in my last post so it didn't quite make sense. It was supposed to say I specifically wanted to know the effect of pregnancy (and breastfeeding) on FBD - with or without iodine. Does breast feeding help to soften the lumps or get them out?

I had the same experience with my first child. Mastitis, painful nursing. Only nursed him 4 mos because I was dx'd with thyroid cancer. I'll bet it is related as iodine is antibacterial, anti microbial, antiviral. It would keep the breast healthy.

Steph

Re: How does Preganancy Effect Fibrocystic Breast Diseaase?

OOPs - I chopped off half a sentence in my last post so it didn't quite make sense. It was supposed to say I specifically wanted to know the effect of pregnancy (and breastfeeding) on FBD - with or without iodine. Does breast feeding help to soften the lumps or get them out?

I suffered with low milk supply and, while I have no hard evidence, I believe this is in part related to iodine deficiency.I know that the cows that give the best milk are the Jerseys and the Guernseys -- and these cows hail from the British Isles -- where the soil is rich with iodine.I just heard from a friend that she has a friend who was having problems with milk supply. Her doctor gave her iodine pills and her milk supply increased to the point that she had more than enough. I'm trying to get more information about this (what kind of iodine she took, how much, etc.). Ann MarieFor the love of cheese. And butter. And bacon... http://www.cheeseslave.com On Nov 22, 2008, at 1:25 PM, ladybugsandbees wrote: I had the same experience with my first child. Mastitis, painful nursing. Only nursed him 4 mos because I was dx'd with thyroid cancer. I'll bet it is related as iodine is antibacterial, anti microbial, antiviral. It would keep the breast healthy. Steph

Where does she live? I would be concerned with bromide. I would be interested what you can find out.

Steph

I suffered with low milk supply and, while I have no hard evidence, I believe this is in part related to iodine deficiency.

I know that the cows that give the best milk are the Jerseys and the Guernseys -- and these cows hail from the British Isles -- where the soil is rich with iodine.

I just heard from a friend that she has a friend who was having problems with milk supply. Her doctor gave her iodine pills and her milk supply increased to the point that she had more than enough. I'm trying to get more information about this (what kind of iodine she took, how much, etc.).

Ann Marie

For the love of cheese. And butter. And bacon... http://www.cheeseslave.com

On Nov 22, 2008, at 1:25 PM, ladybugsandbees wrote:

I had the same experience with my first child. Ma! stitis, painful nursing. Only nursed him 4 mos because I was dx'd with thyroid cancer. I'll bet it is related as iodine is antibacterial, anti microbial, antiviral. It would keep the breast healthy.

Steph

I'm not sure but I think she lives here in SoCal. I'll keep bugging my friend to ask her for more details. Ann MarieFor the love of cheese. And butter. And bacon... http://www.cheeseslave.com On Nov 22, 2008, at 2:08 PM, ladybugsandbees wrote: Where does she live? I would be concerned with bromide. I would be interested what you can find out. Steph

Wow that's bromide central with all the strawberry fields.

Steph

I'm not sure but I think she lives here in SoCal. I'll keep bugging my friend to ask her for more details.

Ann Marie

On Nov 22, 2008, at 2:08 PM, ladybugsandbees wrote:

Where does she live? I would be concerned with bromide. I would be interested what you can find out.

Steph

I think it is airborne. It is sprayed on strawberry crops. (Methyl bromide)

Steph

What does that mean? Is there more bromide in the water you mean?

Ann Marie

On Nov 22, 2008, at 2:50 PM, ladybugsandbees wrote:

Wow that's bromide central with all the strawberry fields.

I am sure it is another symptom of iodine deficiency. I never could nurse my son, and all that the dysfunctional alcoholic pediatrician could offer me was a case of formula..

Gracia

I suffered with low milk supply and, while I have no hard evidence, I believe this is in part related to iodine deficiency.

I know that the cows that give the best milk are the Jerseys and the Guernseys -- and these cows hail from the British Isles -- where the soil is rich with iodine.

I just heard from a friend that she has a friend who was having problems with milk supply. Her doctor gave her iodine pills and her milk supply increased to the point that she had more than enough. I'm trying to get more information about this (what kind of iodine she took, how much, etc.).

Ann Marie

On Nov 22, 2008, at 1:25 PM, ladybugsandbees wrote:

I had the same experience with my first child. Mastitis, painful nursing. Only nursed him 4 mos because I was dx'd with thyroid cancer. I'll bet it is related as iodine is antibacterial, anti microbial, antiviral. It would keep the breast healthy.

Steph

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.9/1805 - Release Date: 11/22/2008 10:34 AM