RemedySpot.com

Re: How does Preganancy Effect Fibrocystic Breast Diseaase?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Are you pregnant now?

Steph

How does Preganancy Effect Fibrocystic Breast Diseaase?

I asked at Breast Cancer Choices and they recommended me to ask here. I've looked up past posts and I know that I need to detox first. Ican't get bromide serum levels tested here in NZ (I don't think) so itwould be a guess at best as to if it is okay for me to keep takingIodine. I think Steph, you suggested one other time that I should takeIodine for about 6 months.My actual question however, isn't about Iodine per se. I was wonderingif the increase in progesterone while pregnant would help reduce FBD? Or for those here who have gotten preganant and have had FBD what wereyour experiences? ThanksTara

Here is from a previous post on Iodine and pregnancy. If you are deficient and not supplementing the baby will take what it needs from you. That is what happened in my case and I got thyroid cancer. My son is very hypothyroid. He is 9 and takes 120 mgs (2 gr) of Armour.

These are the notes from listening to the Q & A session with Dr. Shevin, Dr Flechas and Dr Eskin. Pregnancy 1. Dr. Abraham states: Bromine crosses the placenta more readily than iodine does and will be toxic to the baby.2. Dr Abraham recommends: Measure the mother's serum bromine - this is before supplementing so it is just as the woman is without iodine interference. If the serum bromine is elevated then both mother and baby have a problem and you need to do a detox.3. If not elevated then Dr. Abraham recommended don't give mother iodine. Wait until delivery and then give it to be in the breast milk for the baby but there may be an issue with the bromide in that as well so it is a difficult issue. 4. Dr Abraham also said: If it is not elevated then can give iodine but do salt loading, keep fluids up and keep the detoxing going and the bromine levels down. Dr Shevin notes: The only lab that can do a decent serum bromide level is Dr. Abraham so this is a problem for testing as he does not test for the general public. Dr Shevin recommended that any woman of childbearing years should be detoxed of bromine before getting pregnant. Newborn to age of 2 - how much iodine. Breastfeeding supplies large amounts if mother has enough. Japanese babies get 10-20 mgs / day (nursing). If not nursing then supplemental iodine is needed. Brain development is at a peak at 18 mos to 2 years. 3 yr old children on standard Japanese diet will get 10-15 mgs. 1 drop of Lugol's every 3 days - children under 3 years of age. Problem with saltIf issues with salt supplementing occur then Dr Shevin gives Potassium Chloride (powder or 99 mg tablets). Do 6 tablets of this which is equal to 1/2 tsp of salt. If having issues with iodine that salt loading isn't helping it may be fluoride as salt does not effect the fluoride being forced out. It could also be an issue with mercury. If you are doing more than 2 - 3 salt loads a month then you are pushing the bromine detox too much. You need to back off on the dose amount of the iodine. Goiter / Iodine Dr Flechas: Patient had a development of goiter on high doses of iodine - he looked at iron levels and the ferritin was low. Put on iron and then the goiter went down. Must be a total nutritional program when high doses of iodine are given. High correlation of low Spot levels and CancerWhy is the spot test useful? They have found that a reading of .100 or below in many cases may indicate cancer somewhere in the body.

How does Preganancy Effect Fibrocystic Breast Diseaase?

I asked at Breast Cancer Choices and they recommended me to ask here. I've looked up past posts and I know that I need to detox first. Ican't get bromide serum levels tested here in NZ (I don't think) so itwould be a guess at best as to if it is okay for me to keep takingIodine. I think Steph, you suggested one other time that I should takeIodine for about 6 months.My actual question however, isn't about Iodine per se. I was wonderingif the increase in progesterone while pregnant would help reduce FBD? Or for those here who have gotten preganant and have had FBD what wereyour experiences? ThanksTara

Thanks Steph. No I'm not pregnant we're just thinking about it. I did

search all the prevous posts and had read all you posted but I guess my

question is specific to FBD. I guess I'm just wondering what happens

normally (without iodine suupplementation or with) what happens. I'm

curious as to if the increase in progesterone while you're pregnant

helps. Maybe it's not very important or at least not as important as

taking Iodine for more that 2 months (how long I've been taking it).

OOPs - I chopped off half a sentence in my last post so it didn't quite

make sense. It was supposed to say I specifically wanted to know the

effect of pregnancy (and breastfeeding) on FBD - with or without iodine.

Does breast feeding help to soften the lumps or get them out?