RemedySpot.com

Re: steph, i really want to....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Your best bet for supplements is to go to www.vrp.com and get their products as none of them are pills. They are capsules. I used them for my kids.

Selenium - 200 - 400 mcg / day

Magnesium (I think it is called Optimag) - 200-400 mg

Vit C - 2,000 - 3,000 mgs / day (there is a 1,000 mg capsule)

Celtic Salt 1/2 - 3/4 tsp / day

You can get a good balance of Vit C / Potassium / Magnesium in BalanCe (you don't need separate mg and Vit C if you do this). Take 1-2 scoops and work up to 4 / day. This is what I take. It takes a little time for bowel tolerance. You add the powder to liquid.

ATP CoFactors is something that is supposed to help. I didn't feel a change so we stopped it with all my pills but some feel increased energy. It helps get ioding into the cells too so you may want to try a month. Take 1 - 2x / day.

Hope that helps. Yes it is a God thing (as I sit here in my PJ's. LOL)

Non Iodine related but I love VRP's Smart Protein powder. I used this in smoothies with coconut oil, flax meal and fresh fruit. It is a great healthy base and while healing protein is what your body needs. I make banana peanut butter shakes with either van or choc. I do pumpkin pie shakes with pureed pumpkin, egg, nutmeg and vanilla extract plus vanilla protein powder and milk. Sometimes I use coconut milk (Native Nutrition or Thai brand) as a creamy base for my smoothies. Be creative. :)

Steph

steph, i really want to....

start taking Iodine again. i'm gonna try to take the Iodoral crushed in applesauce (i still have issues with swallowing pills) but wouldn't mind taking Lugol's again if maybe taking it in milk might make it less stressing on the tummy? what are the basic supplements i need and what dosages?

i also just started back on Armour yesterday (my new endo doc in Baltimore seems to be REAL and caring and open-minded and special) and am scheduled to take the 'recommended labs' from STTM in 4 weeks.

all of my supplements need to be crushable or liquid, just a reminder. i've been through a season of classic anxiety symptoms, dry mouth and swallowing are still a bit of a problem.

thanks for always being here for us! i have NO IDEA how you can be such a super mom and wife PRIOR to your website and groups too, must be God!!!

sincerely & love, sandi

Hi Steph:

I have a question about the BalanCe. I ordered it and began to take it this week. I don't mix it in water, but in my iced tea and it is not bad at all. I know tea has flouride, but I had to give up my Mt. Dew and am not ready to drop the iced tea yet. Anyway, you suggested building up to 4 scoops of the BalanCe a day.

My label says each scoop contains 2,350mg. of Vit C, plus the Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium. It seems like 4 scoops would be too much. The directions say take 1 scoop a day. May I ask why you are taking that much?

Thanks,

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>Subject: Re: steph, i really want to....iodine Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 9:43 AM

Your best bet for supplements is to go to www.vrp.com and get their products as none of them are pills. They are capsules. I used them for my kids.

Selenium - 200 - 400 mcg / day

Magnesium (I think it is called Optimag) - 200-400 mg

Vit C - 2,000 - 3,000 mgs / day (there is a 1,000 mg capsule)

Celtic Salt 1/2 - 3/4 tsp / day

You can get a good balance of Vit C / Potassium / Magnesium in BalanCe (you don't need separate mg and Vit C if you do this). Take 1-2 scoops and work up to 4 / day. This is what I take. It takes a little time for bowel tolerance. You add the powder to liquid.

ATP CoFactors is something that is supposed to help. I didn't feel a change so we stopped it with all my pills but some feel increased energy. It helps get ioding into the cells too so you may want to try a month. Take 1 - 2x / day.

Hope that helps. Yes it is a God thing (as I sit here in my PJ's. LOL)

Non Iodine related but I love VRP's Smart Protein powder. I used this in smoothies with coconut oil, flax meal and fresh fruit. It is a great healthy base and while healing protein is what your body needs. I make banana peanut butter shakes with either van or choc. I do pumpkin pie shakes with pureed pumpkin, egg, nutmeg and vanilla extract plus vanilla protein powder and milk. Sometimes I use coconut milk (Native Nutrition or Thai brand) as a creamy base for my smoothies. Be creative. :)

Steph

start taking Iodine again. i'm gonna try to take the Iodoral crushed in applesauce (i still have issues with swallowing pills) but wouldn't mind taking Lugol's again if maybe taking it in milk might make it less stressing on the tummy? what are the basic supplements i need and what dosages?

i also just started back on Armour yesterday (my new endo doc in Baltimore seems to be REAL and caring and open-minded and special) and am scheduled to take the 'recommended labs' from STTM in 4 weeks.

all of my supplements need to be crushable or liquid, just a reminder. i've been through a season of classic anxiety symptoms, dry mouth and swallowing are still a bit of a problem.

thanks for always being here for us! i have NO IDEA how you can be such a super mom and wife PRIOR to your website and groups too, must be God!!!

sincerely & love, sandi

Because that is what Dr. Brownstein told me to do in the beginning when really toxic. I now do 1-2 scoops per day.

Steph

sincerely & love, sandi