RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: I didn't realize it is all so complex!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just a quick comment, I have been told that beta blockers block the conversion of T4 to T3 and are not adviced for use in anyone who is HypoT. Im not sure if it just applies to high doses or low ones too, I used to take proponolol for a short while for anxiety but stopped when I heard this, I heard it by the way on the adrenal forum, it didnt do much good for my anxiety anyway and just made me more tired! I am sure I did a bit of reasearch on this, I also asked Dr P and he said it did to some extent. Doesnt your anti depressant help with the anxiety? A lot of them do

You have opened a pathway to realization for me. I now know that byyour experience I need to get all the blood tests done and decidewhere to go from there. Are you taking the armour thyroid hormone now?I am surprised at the connection of thyroid and breathing. My motherhad a partial thyroidectomy about 55 years ago, sent home, noreplacement hormone, nothing. Now as I look back over her life I canactually see that she must also have suffered from Hashi's. Shefinally died in 2004 from COPD after coping with breathing problemsfor 40 years. Funnily enough a cause for her 'asthma' or otherpulmonary complaints was never known or indeed sought. I am so pleased for you that you have found improvement in yourbreathing, after watching my mother suffer so much I can understandthe stress your poor body has been subjected to. I feel that a tap has been opened and want to pour so much

out. Sorry!I really do feel isolated. I dont think I am looking for sympathy, butI emailed my family with my forum message and your first reply (alsoposted on facebook!). I have read many of the files and will endeavour to get the book fromthe library. Will close now, once again thanks for taking the time to reply to me. Love x

Hi Again

I know how hard it is to come of AD's, prozac was the only one I had no problems stopping.

I now take citalopram for anxiety mainly, the doc gave me diazapan and beta blockers for it but I now just take the citalopram, so I guess one pill is better than a load more for the same thing! I think the anxiety was a thyroid symptom and citalopram is helping, I dont get the racing heart or pulse anymore and feel a bit calmer and less worried about things, this in turn is helping me sort out the adrenals and thyroid without getting over worried.

It is a long road to recovery but we have to do what we can to get there and feel better.

Good luck

Dear Thanks for your message.I weaned myself off the antidepressants (venlafaxine) and now Ihavent't taken any for the last three weeks. I must admit that attimes this week I have been tempted to take them again, but I want tobe pill free. The tablets dulled my senses so much! Thank you for the advice about the beta blockers. I am due to see mydoctor for a BP check. If the results are ok, then I will come offthem

Hi ,

Yes betablockers do

reduce T4 to T3 conversion, but sometimes the reason for which it is taken, In my

case to prevent migraines, is more important. After all a really good doc could

prescribe T3 to compensate…

Stenning

Subject: Re:

Re: I didn't realize it is all so complex!

Just a quick comment, I

have been told that beta blockers block the conversion of T4 to T3 and are

not adviced for use in anyone who is HypoT. Im not sure if it just applies to

high doses or low ones too, I used to take proponolol for a short while for anxiety

but stopped when I heard this, I heard it by the way on the adrenal forum, it

didnt do much good for my anxiety anyway and just made me more tired! I am

sure I did a bit of reasearch on this, I also asked Dr P and he said it did

to some extent. Doesnt your anti depressant help with the anxiety? A lot of

them do