RemedySpot.com

Re: Dr gave me ultimatum

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My doc knows I take HC and didnt really make much of a comment but he did say I needed to decide whose advice I am going to follow, either the stupid NHS endo I have seen twice or Dr P, I think that was sensible of him as I cant go with both and have decided not to bother with the NHS endo again, all he wants me to do is stop the HC and do his silly adrenal tests which I am not doing but havent told him so yet, I have got another appointment for July but am hoping by then I will be loads better and can go in and tell him so, just for the pleasure of it really!! I found him quite patronising the last time I saw him.

They just expect us all to be thick and stupid and not do our own reasearch.

I am thinking about armour and might just continue getting the thyroxine scripts until I tell my doc what I doing, they cant stop you self treating especially if you prove you are making yourself well, good luck

Hi, Thanks for all your replies. No I am not better Yet!!but I do feel better on T3. I don't want to tell the Doc that I feel alot better, because he might send me back to work!! and I'm not readyyet, and it might compromise my healing.The Doc wants me to have another blood test early in the new year, asI have been getting the thyroxine scripts, but, not taking it! I'm currently building up on HC, but, I haven't told him that, as I think HE will have a cardiac arrest,lol!! !If anyone does know of a decent endo in the north east I would begrateful for that info.There is no way I could even consider going back to T4 only, but myDr is not going to listen to me, as he said he didn't want to wastean appointment on this matter!! Although he tried to be supportivein the beginning, he is definately fed up with me now!!Thanks for all your help.Best wishes South

>

> My doc knows I take HC and didnt really make much of a comment but

he did say I needed to decide whose advice I am going to follow,

either the stupid NHS endo I have seen twice or Dr P, I think that was

sensible of him as I cant go with both and have decided not to bother

with the NHS endo again, all he wants me to do is stop the HC and do

his silly adrenal tests which I am not doing but havent told him so

yet, I have got another appointment for July but am hoping by then I

will be loads better and can go in and tell him so, just for the

pleasure of it really!! I found him quite patronising the last time I

saw him.

> They just expect us all to be thick and stupid and not do our own

reasearch.

> I am thinking about armour and might just continue getting the

thyroxine scripts until I tell my doc what I doing, they cant stop you

self treating especially if you prove you are making yourself well,

good luck

>

>

>

Hi , Thanks for that, I think you are right, I may just say

that I don't want him to treat my thyroid, (not quite like that) and

see what he says. I need to give him time to calm down a bit

because he nearly a gasket when he spoke to me!!

In fact I may write him a letter, it may be better!!

Best wishes

jenny South.

Hi

Yes just say that you have educated yourself in this matter and you have seen an adrenal/thyroid expert privately and you have decided to go with his treatment plan because you feel you are not getting well under the HNS's treatment of thyroid disorders and then when you are totally well go back and show him. You will be in a better frame of mind by then and be able to tell him just how it is! He probably wont think kindly of you doing that but at the end of the day its your health, not his!

>> My doc knows I take HC and didnt really make much of a comment buthe did say I needed to decide whose advice I am going to follow,either the stupid NHS endo I have seen twice or Dr P, I think that wassensible of him as I cant go with both and have decided not to botherwith the NHS endo again, all he wants me to do is stop the HC and dohis silly adrenal tests which I am not doing but havent told him soyet, I have got another appointment for July but am hoping by then Iwill be loads better and can go in and tell him so, just for thepleasure of it really!! I found him quite patronising the last time Isaw him.> They just expect us all to be thick and stupid and not do our ownreasearch.> I am thinking about armour and might just continue getting thethyroxine scripts until I tell my doc what I doing, they cant stop youself treating especially if you prove you are making

yourself well,good luck> > > Hi , Thanks for that, I think you are right, I may just saythat I don't want him to treat my thyroid, (not quite like that) andsee what he says. I need to give him time to calm down a bitbecause he nearly a gasket when he spoke to me!!In fact I may write him a letter, it may be better!!Best wishesjenny South.

Some

of those doctors on the list are NHS and some just private - and some do NHS

and private work. According to the NHS Choose and Book, you can go anywhere in

the UK to see a doctor of your choice, so long as he has spare places

available.

Luv -

Sheila

P.S. I am seeing Dr P for my treatment, and I wouldn't change

him. I've seen a couple of those private Dr's on the list and

Dr P is best by far!!