RemedySpot.com

Re: Myxedema Madness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

…..but

he doesn't say what the " daily thyroid hormone " actually is. Is it T4?

is it T3?

" That's the bad news. The good news is

that diagnosis is actually quite straightforward. A simple blood test is all

that's needed to identify a thyroid problem. The best news? When properly

treated with a daily thyroid hormone you'll be your old self in no time flat. No

more outbursts, no more voices and no more men in white coats. Which,

unfortunately, means no more shouting, " It's not my fault - it's my

thyroid! "

http://ezinearticles.com/?Myxedema-Madness:--When-Being-Crazy-Isnt-in-Your-Head,-But-in-Your-Thyroid & id=372132

,_._,___

I find the idea/thought of Myxedema madness quite frightening, would you to be left untreated for a long time for that to happen?

…..but he doesn't say what the "daily thyroid hormone" actually is. Is it T4? is it T3?

"That's the bad news. The good news is that diagnosis is actually quite straightforward. A simple blood test is all that's needed to identify a thyroid problem. The best news? When properly treated with a daily thyroid hormone you'll be your old self in no time flat. No more outbursts, no more voices and no more men in white coats. Which, unfortunately, means no more shouting, "It's not my fault - it's my thyroid!"

http://ezinearticle s.com/?Myxedema- Madness:- -When-Being- Crazy-Isnt- in-Your-Head, -But-in-Your- Thyroid & id=372132

,_._,___

>

> I find the idea/thought of Myxedema madness quite frightening, would

you to be left untreated for a long time for that to happen?

>

>

>

>

Hi ,

I think full blown myxedema madness tends to be later stage, but can

happen earlier. A lot of people get some degree of mood/behaviour

changes with hypo. I was hallucinating a bit with a TSH of 16, and I

was definitely not my normal self at all, verging on paranoia!

Leah x

TSH of 16! Wow mine got has high as 8 before I was diagnosed and I was depressed and felt pretty awful, so yes I guess things have to get real bad before Myxedema happens but still the thought is quite frightening

>> I find the idea/thought of Myxedema madness quite frightening, would you to be left untreated for a long time for that to happen?> > > > Hi , I think full blown myxedema madness tends to be later stage, but can happen earlier. A lot of people get some degree of mood/behaviour changes with hypo. I was hallucinating a bit with a TSH of 16, and I was definitely not my normal self at all, verging on paranoia!Leah x