RemedySpot.com

Copper/Zinc Testing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello everybody

You may remember last week when I asked my doctor if he would test my copper and zinc levels. This was because I do not have a grey hair in my head (and at my hefty age - I should have) and I am losing most of my hair, which bob told me could be low zinc. Low zinc goes along with high copper. My GP asked me if I was on a good diet and after telling him I was, he said there was no need to do such testing then as I get the right amount of minerals, vitamins etc in my food. He said had never heard that high copper could be the cause of not having any grey hair, or that low zinc could be a cause of losing one's hair. He refused point blank to test these. I was annoyed and let him know that I needed to know the cause of my hair loss through a process of elimination and he told me I obviously had been reading information on the Internet and that this was driving doctors round the bend. I said that if doctors read more information on the Internet to keep themselves up to date, they would have more knowledge about such things. He just wrote out a blood form to check my liver/kidney function, fasting cholesterol and thyroid function tests which I handed into reception when I made an appointment to get this done. I went to have my blood drawn at 8.30 this morning. When I asked the nurse what this blood was to be tested for, she said liver/kidney function, fasting cholesterol, TFT's, copper and zinc. YEAH! He must have changed the form after and added the copper and zinc. I think I won that one. I will let you know the results in about a week or so.

Luv - Sheila