RemedySpot.com

RT3 testing in Europe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,

I'm new to this group. I live in France and I think I have an RT3 problem. I heard that it was impossible to get and RT3/T3 test done. Since then I see that it is available in America. Does anybody know what this test is called and, by any slim chance, if it is available in Europe. I am a british citizen who speaks English, French and Spanish. I am prepared to travel abroad and to pay to get this test done.

At the moment I am on Levothyrox and trying to resolve a possible RT3 problem, which manifests itself by aches in feet, arms and legs, using vitamin and mineral supplements (see www.ithyroid.com) zinc and B6. I am also following the protocol of the Iodine Project, unsupervised by a doctor because in France such things are considered heresy! The French health system is very expensive and it is impossible to opt out. I would like to change things here because there are many people who are in a much worse state than me who don't even know about the Iodine Project because they don't speak English, even the doctors. And patients have no alternative but to pay for a bad service.

I would be grateful for any information on the RT3 test. The web site that I quoted above has also been very useful to me understanding the ins and outs of Iodine and RT3. I recommend it.

I am still hoping to convert my doctor to the ideas of the Iodine Project, but it's a little bit like missionary work.

MacG.

________________________________From: dorothyroeder <dorothyroeder@...>iodine Sent: Sunday, 23 November, 2008 18:15:01Subject: Re: Doctors appointmentHi Deb,I am new at this, but your T3/RT3 ratio is pretty low. You might wantto run these labs by the people on the Natural thyroid group here on or, better yet, the Natural thyroid- Adrenals group, where Valhas had a wealth of experience with RT3 issues. Also there is a RT3_T3group Val moderates. They can also help you find the overseas meds youwill need if your doctor won't provide scripts.I have been dealing with RT3 issues and, believe me, it will only getworse on Armour. Miserable.You have to clear it out before you takeany more T4. There is no natural T3 only med. There are quite a fewpeople doing very well with it and not at all psychotic.

Dorothy> ie you asked about my T4. Here is my lab results on > everything.> > T3 Reverse 22 (11-32)> TPA less than 10 > Ferritin 211> T-4 free 1.0> TSH 1.75> T3, free 225 (230-420)> Vit D 45> > > Yeast +1> Parasites positive> > Cortisol> 7am 0.59 (0.27-1.18)> 11 0.07 (0.10-0.41)> 3pm 0.05 (0.05-0..27)> 10p 0.03 (0.03-0.14)> > DHEA> 7am 27 (71-640> DHEA