RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Choose and book farce

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am not sure about that, I have never needed anything like that before so forgot all about the facility. Papworth, I believe, has quite a good reputation, so I think I will see what transpires with them.

I wonder if there is a list of hospitals with their waiting lists. I will surf the net to see.

Lilian

When I get an appointment Mo I will ask about cost of getting there.

A friend of mine had to change doctors because hers left the surgery. Her new doctor put her on simvastatin. When she went back to him to tell him that she is not getting on very well with them, and they made her feel ill, and could she go back to the previous one she was put on by her previous doctor (a more expensive one) the doctor said no, she will get used to the simvastatin. So he would rather his patient feel unwell than give her the medication she is better on (probably because of cost). Guess what she has the same GP and me.

So you see I have an extra incentive to try and get the surgery to pay the cost.

Lilian

Yes Bob, I think we can all see through that one, but I have a feeling the PCT's have sympathy with this and as far as the MP is concerned, he will just tell me he has sent my letter to the Minister for Health and I get the stock answer back.

I once wrote to my MP asking for HIS opinion on something, but he still sent it to the relevant minister and I got the stock government answer.

The local paper sounds feasible though. I will just wait and see how long a wait until I get what most people would call a proper appointment.

Lilian