RemedySpot.com

Possible response to neck/iodine problem

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If the neck swelling is in the thyroid area and if you are taking iodine without selenium you may be having an auto-immune attack.. It is a hypothesis that the thyroid is attacked by the immune system because if is polluted by a peroxide radical produced when iodine is converted to T4 in the thyroid. In a person who is not deficient in selenium, the selenium should come along and clean up the peroxide mess (it's a radical scavenger). However if you are deficient in selenium, or if your selenium is cleaning up elsewhere due to exposure to toxins, there is nothing to take the radical away from the thyroid. And it starts to get messed up and then attacked by the immune system. See 's explanation of why selenium and iodine should be taken together on www.ithyroid.com. In my opinion many people for whom iodine does not work or who crash after prolonged consumption of kelp are having problems because of lack of selenium. Of course this explanation is only valid if your thyroid is swollen. There could be another explanation.

MacG.

From: "tyblossom@..." <tyblossom@...>iodine Sent: Wednesday, 3 December, 2008 17:05:29Subject: iodine question

I was thinking about stopping the iodine because of the neck swelling thing. I still can feel it....but if your saying that magnesium, vit c help with it.....I don't know....I do know I want to reduce the amount I was taking. I know you guys are not so into the kelp, but that is what I want to try. I was taking 150 mcg and I want to reduce that to 75 mcg. If I do that, how much vit c should be taken and how much magnesium should be?

Also, I've heard about selenium, but don't have any on hand. Is this something that could help? I'm worried about trying too many things at once that I'm not familiar with. I have taken vit c and magnesium... but the iodine and selenium....

I currently take on a daily basis, Levoxyl for hashimoto's, reglan for stomach issues, iron for anemia.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.