RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Number of pills to get daily dosage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

When I was diagnosed my TSH was around 8 and I still received treatment so maybe the 10 doesnt apply to all labs, I think the cut off point for TSH at my docs is 5.5, I wonder why some others have such different ranges, 10 is extremely high, I know how I felt at 8, just doesnt seem right

I came to that page while checking out Dawn's thread "Found this on the NHS website, is it true?"The advice that site provides certainly explains why the NHS got away with keeping me ill for 10 years. It recommends no treatment for TSH levels of less than 10. If it wasn't for the TPA-UK, I would not have got it together to have fought back and finally start retrieving my health and life!Tracey-- In thyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) com, sarah s <xxsarahxx_40@ ...> wrote:>> I found that link very interesting, thanks> >

Hi again

Do you feel that thyroxine alone is making you well again, I think you said you were just on T4? I know many people eventually make the switch to Armour, is that something you think you might do?

I came to that page while checking out Dawn's thread "Found this on the NHS website, is it true?"The advice that site provides certainly explains why the NHS got away with keeping me ill for 10 years. It recommends no treatment for TSH levels of less than 10. If it wasn't for the TPA-UK, I would not have got it together to have fought back and finally start retrieving my health and life!Tracey-- In thyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) com, sarah s <xxsarahxx_40@ ...> wrote:>> I found that link very interesting, thanks> >

I too know someone who was put straight on 200mcg of thyroxine as by the time they were diagnosed they were in a real bad way, and an endo told me once that there is no reason why a healthy person cannot be started off on the full replacememt dose of 150mcg, I wouldnt personnally be very happy to do that, I think its best to start low and gradually build up and also how do they know what someones full replacement dose is??

Also is someone has adrenal problems starting them off on such a high dose could disasterous! Thyroxine hasnt made me loose weight but I havent put it on either, anxiety always makes me loose weight!I am continuing with thyroxine for a while, I had to stop it a while back while starting treatment with HC and my TSH shot up again and by T4 took a dive, so until I get back on the right dose again I shall keep going on it. I used to take 150mcg and have just got back up to 75mcg, but I am ramping up a bit quicker and not waiting a full six weeks inbetween increases, maybe just 4 weeks or so

that I may be one of the unlucky ones who has weight gain as a side effect of T4 aloneSome of my old symptoms are sneaking back into my life but are not affecting me for more than a few days at a time. They came back when the weather turned colder so it seems to be a seasonal relapse.When my mum was 1st diagnosed she was put straight onto 200mcg - ye gads!! - It was not the most sensible way of managing her underactive thyroid but eventually a more appropriate dose was applied. >> Hi again> Do you feel that thyroxine alone is making you well again, I think you said you were just on T4? I know many people eventually make the switch to Armour, is that something you think you might do?> >

You wrote:

>

> ... When my mum was 1st diagnosed she was put straight onto 200mcg - ye

> gads!! - It was not the most sensible way of managing her underactive

> thyroid but eventually a more appropriate dose was applied. I'm

> surprised she's on 75mcg as I'd assumed she'd still be on a higher

> dose than me.

>

People need a much lower dosage as they age. My Mom was also once at 200

mcg and has now dropped to 75 mcg.

Chuck